Login

russian armor

June 21st Patch Opinion

21 Jun 2016, 23:53 PM

I just played my first match with the new June 21st patch, and not only was this one of the best games I've played as OKW, but I also got a free commander as a drop.

In regards to the Volk blobs, they aren't a strong counter to infantry, but more of a good unit when put in cover. Raketens are decent, they're good if you can micro. Sturmpios are not good anti tank units, but they are good when mixed with the KT and Raketens.

Volk blobs have been solved, and any complaining about "OKW op!" shouldn't be existent anymore. OKW now just requires more skill to play in regards of build order and micro. I also noticed that OKW is a lot more munitions heavy in gameplay whether it be Panzerschrecks or StGs.

Now in my game, I probably would've lost using typical tactics, the guy I went against used Lend Lease and had a T70, an SU, and 3 Shermans. I was able to destroy all 5 with no losses. This done using a mixture of KT micro, and Raketen and Sturmpio support.

These are just my thoughts on the new patch from the OKW perspective, feel free to comment about your experiences.
22 Jun 2016, 00:06 AM

What I noticed is that OKW has a bit more problems to handle the cancer commander now.

No Schrecks on Volks means that it is harder to finish the emplacements. Also the LeIG is harder to obtain as you have to spend 270mp on that Raketenwerfer (instead of simply investing ammo on Volks) to not be caught with your pants down versus vehicles. Also the 100mp for the medic upgrade can be felt. It seems OKW falls into a small gap when the first truck is deploayed and about when the first emplacements arrive.

Other than that the changes seem good.
22 Jun 2016, 00:06 AM

That is fantastic to hear. Great job and big thanks to relic.

I definitely looking forward to a few matches when i get home, it took a while to finally fix okw but its done.
22 Jun 2016, 00:08 AM

What I noticed is that OKW has a bit more problems to handle the cancer commander now.

No Schrecks on Volks means that it is harder to finish the emplacements. Also the LeIG is harder to obtain as you have to spend 270mp on that Raketenwerfer to not be caught with your pants down versus vehicles. Also the 100mp for the medic upgrade can be felt. It seems OKW falls into a small gap right when the first emplacements arrive.

Other than that the changes seem good.

The commander I got is the Overwatch commander, so I doubt emplacements will be a real problem due to the fact that Goliaths got a 5x damage buff against emplacements.
22 Jun 2016, 00:26 AM

I dont like that upgraded Volks can't pick up any weapons (could at least made 1 slot free), that doesnt make sense as they get only 2 STGs, compared to other upgraded infratry, and for now, with a bug, they loose their utility when rech 4 star vet, ah and im still wonderin about LeFH veterancy (should have been Hummell anyway)

All in al GOAT patch, but still some things to improve in hotfix.
nee
22 Jun 2016, 21:03 PM

Yeah I don't like how the StG upgrade locks out both slots for Volks, it means the only unit you want to pick up that PTRS or Bazooka is Sturmpioniers or Obers. Because of that, I never upgrade my Volks because on average I come across lots of them in my matches; I prefer boosted AT firepower instead of Sturmpioniers, rather than an upgrade that makes them work more like them in their default form. And the upgrade only gives like 2 guns right?
I'd be fine with one slot left because that means you can't rock pickup schrecks and LMG34 alongside short-range combat.

In fact I would actually have made Volks get G43s while Panzerfusiliers get the StG upgrade.
22 Jun 2016, 21:09 PM

I really like having the buildable artillery on the fortifications doctrine. I think it rounds out the commander nicely. Besides the numerous bugs, the game seems better balanced than before.
22 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

Ugh mixed opinions...

OKW blobbing is still just as bad, and stun grenade bug can gtfo.

Some changes are welcome but its just another bugfilled shitpatch as usual.
22 Jun 2016, 21:49 PM

OKW blobbing is still just as bad,

Dude, what do you want? For okw to have no mainline infantry? I mean why is allied blobbing ok and okw having three squads of volks a terrible thing? Volks are the least survivable of all infantry. Allied factions have far and away the greatest number of blob killing options. I just don't get it.
22 Jun 2016, 22:08 PM

for 100 balance whine posts we get 1 of this kind

thank you OP!
23 Jun 2016, 00:05 AM

In my opinion game is heading in the right direction but relic need to stop the attitude to nerf one faction AND buff the other cause the effect get multiplied and just create op and up stuff
23 Jun 2016, 00:10 AM

for 100 balance whine posts we get 1 of this kind

thank you OP!

My pleasure, I feel like complaining and whining about balance won't help the game. Instead, feedback is vital among the community so that we can all see what changes truly need to be made and not just nerfing or buffing units because of blobbing.
23 Jun 2016, 01:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

My pleasure, I feel like complaining and whining about balance won't help the game. Instead, feedback is vital among the community so that we can all see what changes truly need to be made and not just nerfing or buffing units because of blobbing.

It look's like it's beginning to rain. :*(

On: once they fixed the biggest issues, a relative accurate opinion can be done.
23 Jun 2016, 06:00 AM

The only problems I see with the OKW is their MG34 is not T0 because of bullshit reasons and that Sturmpioneers get wiped quite often due to them having to now be the frontline AT infantry and engineers of the OKW, altho I really don't have a problem with having 2 or 3 Sturmpioneers, all upgraded with shrecks, 1 or 2 being on the front while one back at the mech HQ repairing any damaged tanks along with the repair pioneers. So we get this Wehr sort of problem of having 4 man mainline infantry squad and low survivability amongst them, so yeah, having a new 5 man Panzerjaeger squad wouldn't be too bad if you ask me.

Speaking of repair pioneers, I think the side tech upgrades need to be adjusted in price, ammo seems a bit better than the current 100 manpower/15 fuel per upgrade, for the medic truck you need to invest another additional 400/15 man power and fuel in order to make it full functional, meaning once the enemy finds it your investment is basically down the sink, that is, if they can get some heavy arty or tanks on it, can putting it right behind shotblockers sometimes traps reinforced infantry behind it.

Also I think someone mentioned they had problems assaulting garrisons much like the UKF, so I was wondering if the USF got a mortar now, shouldn't the OKW and UKF get one as well, at first as an experiment, or giving the Leig smoke might help, Idk, just something I think I read somewhere but I don't remember quite well.
23 Jun 2016, 07:16 AM

I like most the changes not the side tech costs are too much for OKW. And USF mortar is too good. It should be a small M60 with less range and damage than all the other mortars so that it's not on par with rival mortars. USF already has best starting mainline infantry
23 Jun 2016, 07:17 AM

In my opinion game is heading in the right direction but relic need to stop the attitude to nerf one faction AND buff the other cause the effect get multiplied and just create op and up stuff

I'm quite sure it would be enough if they just tested the shit and got rid of bugs you can find in 5 minutes of gameplay...
23 Jun 2016, 17:17 PM

I'm not sure if the MG34 requiring a tier building to be called in is appropriate with USF getting a t0 mortar.

Outside of that, I still think volks should've had an assault grenadier type upgrade package instead of StGs to create some kind of role change for the unit. I also think Obers should've gotten a double schrecks option. Right now OKW gets fausts, schrecks, and an ATG from T0: everything they need in a pinch for handling allied armor.

I think it really highlights just how little strategic options there are (still.)
23 Jun 2016, 17:59 PM

Solid thread. Here are my thoughts as someone who plays OKW almost exclusively.

I like the switch to make volks the mainline AI unit. The disappearing faust bug makes it pretty tough to judge their overall effectiveness though. Not sure if the Stg upgrade is worth it since you can't pick up any weapons and it doesn't seem all that powerful. Purely anecdotal but I swear I saw a penal squad walk up to a vet-2 volks squad with Stgs, and the penal squad won straight-up. Fix the faust, allow volks to pick up one more weapon, double-check the Stg performance, and I'm good with this unit.

I'm ok with making sturms the AT unit but damn they are fragile. I think the shrek upgrade should be for 2 shreks at 120 muni. If you're going to make them AT, make them real AT and essentially useless for AI. That will encourage combined arms play. The W hotkey for the shrek upgrade is broken.

I like the leFH in the fortification doctrine but it does have a hotkey mistake that should be fixed - shares the R hotkey with roadblocks.

What I'd like to see is 1) remove shrek upgrade from sturms, they have enough tasks. Their only upgrades should be minesweeper and the doctrinal flamethrower. 2) Move Obers to t3. 3) In t4, create a 4-man tank hunter squad with 2 shreks and a heavy AT mine ability, or some kind of demo charge or something.

The overall idea is that t1 would offer you the base level AI and AT infantry; t2 would offer an extended range of unit types + reinforce/healing; t3 would be primarily AI-focused with some light AT available in the Puma; and t4 would be primary AT-focused. I think making more well-rounded tech tiers would allow for more variety and flexibility in play styles.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★