Login

russian armor

Jagdpanzer 4 price

21 Jun 2016, 13:48 PM

@OP, please feel free to post a replay where you feel the JPIV is underperforming. I would strongly disagree that you are getting a bad deal on the JPIV. If anything, the tank will be increased in cost or changed in the future because of its ridiculous vet right now.

Like this one trending, where JP4 basically 2 shotted KV-2? :snfPeter:
21 Jun 2016, 14:04 PM

So Guys i was thinking why did relic not change jp4 price when they moved it to tier 3 after all it has less pen than panther no mg and cone vision but has less reload time (Panther cost only 65 more fuel)
Would lower it's price to 100-110 be ok , or buff pen to 210 ?

Cost and performane are fine.
21 Jun 2016, 15:27 PM

And here I thought vet bonus are not considered in the cost well rifleman or firefly must be shit vet 3 right ?
21 Jun 2016, 16:45 PM

And here I thought vet bonus are not considered in the cost well rifleman or firefly must be shit vet 3 right ?

Veterancy is and has always been part of the unit; a very important one.

In the case of infantry units, I would say that veterancy is even more important than base stats. This is because of the slot-item (e.g., LMGs) meta; any bonuses acquired through veterancy also apply to picked up weapons.

For instance, if you lose an lmg34 to Penals post patch, you may want to alt-f4.
21 Jun 2016, 17:26 PM

I never said keep the Jagd as the same price as it is now in T1/T2. I just liked the idea of teching Med truck + Mech truck if needed and not force to pick T4 just for armor.

Soviet style teching is not fun at all and Mech truck hardly includes any meaningful armor.

Offcourse, Jagd Panzer could use "side tech" ability like AEC, Comet or Churchhill.
21 Jun 2016, 17:29 PM

I never said keep the Jagd as the same price as it is now in T1/T2. I just liked the idea of teching Med truck + Mech truck if needed and not force to pick T4 just for armor.

Soviet style teching is not fun at all and Mech truck hardly includes any meaningful armor.

Offcourse, Jagd Panzer could use "side tech" ability like AEC, Comet or Churchhill.

Well but that's the point of teching further - better units.

Can you imagine Sherman or Jackson avaible in HQ once Lt and Cpt are researched?
Or SU85 in T3 if you went for T1 and T2?

No.

Powerful units should be locked behind highest tech.
21 Jun 2016, 17:38 PM

wow. Is that cloak ever broken.
21 Jun 2016, 18:37 PM

WOW, an assault gun with no anti infantry ability and its not the fastest and look at the crying.
The cloak only needs a slight fix.Vet 5 JPIV how often do you see it in a game?

21 Jun 2016, 18:47 PM

mmm soso,but if u wrote about okw pz4 cost would be better compair of t85 cost lol .
21 Jun 2016, 19:10 PM

WOW, an assault gun with no anti infantry ability and its not the fastest and look at the crying.
The cloak only needs a slight fix.Vet 5 JPIV how often do you see it in a game?

Everytime I get one and the game goes 40min< . Some people try to preserve their units, you know?
25 Jun 2016, 05:51 AM

What are the 5 veterancy levels?
25 Jun 2016, 06:58 AM

Everytime I get one and the game goes 40min< . Some people try to preserve their units, you know?

4v4 Steppes, that map is Jpz heaven, as long as you don't over extend your Jpz and keeps a raketen back up, you would reach vet 5 eventually. Throw in a Command Panther and you laugh at all pathetic paper Allied tanks.
25 Jun 2016, 09:07 AM

The argument that VET 5 bonuses are too strong and justifies JP price does not make sense. One is paying more for something that may pay off after a very long time...

JP is counter to tanks but it gun has similar penetration to the much cheaper Stug III and Su-76 making a counter to medium tanks.

For a counter to medium tanks its too expensive and has to much Pop.

The unit should have its cloak fixed its VET 5 bonuses changed and:

Either have it price and pop brought in line with Stugs and Su-76 (remain a bit more expensive according to its properties)

or have penetration that allows it to penetrate heavy armor and lower its ROF and be closer to M36 SU-85 and Firefly.
25 Jun 2016, 09:25 AM

Personally I think it should be 12 population and I've requested a penetration buff as well a couple of times - just to match the Panther. For its part, the cloak ability is clearly broken and needs to be gimped.

In my experience, this unit is extremely durable but rarely actually kills anything. It's almost impossible to use offensively by itself and you can't really make a blob of them like you can StuGs or SU-76s (both of which are stronger against infantry). So yeah, decent as a defensive or stopgap unit (basically its historical role) but not the sort of unit that wins games or has much of an impact on the battlefield.
25 Jun 2016, 09:52 AM

It should have the machine gun and same gun as the panther, as per history (although relic likes to avoid history -.50cal brit sniper...).

It should also get the cloak nerfed - maybe the one that the luchs has?
25 Jun 2016, 11:34 AM

Personally I think it should be 12 population and I've requested a penetration buff as well a couple of times - just to match the Panther. For its part, the cloak ability is clearly broken and needs to be gimped.

the firefly and jackson are both 14 pop, and the jpz4 reliably curbstomp both of those TD.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★