Login

russian armor

Rule of 2

• This thread is locked
13 Jun 2016, 05:07 AM

Allow heavy vehicles to be built to a maximum number of two instead of one.
13 Jun 2016, 05:32 AM

Its a bad call and would likely be a return to a stale meta.
13 Jun 2016, 05:51 AM

That's actually right, that you can call only 1 heavy at once. Not sure, that it should be changed somehow.

But... I see problem with that limit and some medium tanks. Panther, Comet and Churchill - they are not really much different from heavy tanks. Churchill itself is uber-heavy (if we look at HP), Comet performs like little downgraded version of Tiger 1 with seriously buffed range of fire and Panther is really near to be called "Heavy".

And all those "mediums" are not limited at all! What do you think - should they be limited as "medium-heavy" tanks somehow?

P.S. Funny case with KV-series tanks. They all are "heavy", but limited only KV-2. It's not such a big deal, of course, but looks really strange...

13 Jun 2016, 08:45 AM

That's actually right, that you can call only 1 heavy at once. Not sure, that it should be changed somehow.

But... I see problem with that limit and some medium tanks. Panther, Comet and Churchill - they are not really much different from heavy tanks. Churchill itself is uber-heavy (if we look at HP), Comet performs like little downgraded version of Tiger 1 with seriously buffed range of fire and Panther is really near to be called "Heavy".

And all those "mediums" are not limited at all! What do you think - should they be limited as "medium-heavy" tanks somehow?

P.S. Funny case with KV-series tanks. They all are "heavy", but limited only KV-2. It's not such a big deal, of course, but looks really strange...

commet <tiger\panther
Churchill isant so sceary he is just there :P
pershing <panther\tiger

pershing is a heavy tank in this game, panther wins it 1 v 1 so ye pls limit panther thx

nee
13 Jun 2016, 09:10 AM

The limitation really just forced from one popular meta to making another, which I'm sure was the intention. That they didn't limit Churchills or KV-1s pretty much exemplifies this being flawed logic, but what the hell it changes the game lelic style, right?

All doctrinal units had clear differences in advantages compared to stock units, and almost all of them are either more expensive as compensation, or deliberately sucky but comes earlier and cheaper. Tigers compared to Panthers etc are no different.

If they ninja-changed the game so you could in fact call in unlimited heavies besides King Tiger and Tiger Ace, I'm 99% sure no one would ever notice...nor ever take advantage of it. And before you say "well what's the point then?" I cite their removal of duplicate bulletins: the point is just design decision, nothing more.
13 Jun 2016, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 09:10 AMnee
The limitation really just forced from one popular meta to making another, which I'm sure was the intention. That they didn't limit Churchills or KV-1s pretty much exemplifies this being flawed logic, but what the hell it changes the game lelic style, right?

All doctrinal units had clear differences in advantages compared to stock units, and almost all of them are either more expensive as compensation, or deliberately sucky but comes earlier and cheaper. Tigers compared to Panthers etc are no different.

If they ninja-changed the game so you could in fact call in unlimited heavies besides King Tiger and Tiger Ace, I'm 99% sure no one would ever notice...nor ever take advantage of it. And before you say "well what's the point then?" I cite their removal of duplicate bulletins: the point is just design decision, nothing more.

Not really, when have you ever seen multiple Churchills and KV-1s be a game winner? The Churchill is not what it was and the fact that they were designated "heavy" in real life means little for a game. Relic will use their own arbitrary rating for vehicles and it makes sense to not limit these. People have to remember historical accuracy is not the way to balance a game.

Yeah, doctrines are where the heavy hitters lie.

I think you underestimate the playerbase. Once a Shock Rifle spammer, always a Shock Rifle spammer. The return of unlimited heavies or capped at two would stop most of the evolving meta, and whilst some people have adapted, you'd get situations where a large proportion of the playerbase is again abusing this lack of restriction or losing to it, with only the well practised who can play around it. It was never fun, it was really boring and medium and light vehicle play is where this game shines.
13 Jun 2016, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 09:10 AMnee

You loved so much the Tiger/IS2 stall meta to say that? limiting them by 1 was the best move taken about those units.
13 Jun 2016, 09:28 AM

Allow heavy vehicles to be built to a maximum number of two instead of one.

Why?
nee
13 Jun 2016, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 09:20 AMEsxile

You loved so much the Tiger/IS2 stall meta to say that? limiting them by 1 was the best move taken about those units.

No, I've only ever managed to get multiple heavies when I was either winning very well, or it was clearly a move that has it's disadvantages (ie I'd not have the resources to get other units to support them), or to put it more plainly, not playing the game OR losing ground because I or a teammate wanted to hoard resources for a second Tiger...which pu plainly, just means I'm losing.
In the former, it had no bearing on the game' outcome since it was already decided, and the latter it would have required the sort of play that left you without many other units you might need in lieu of a second Tiger or Elefant, almost always a dumb move unless you just wanted to fool around since the enemy was already kicking your ass. Given the cost of a second heavy call-in, you're investing into a tactic that is less likely to work compared to if you went multiple Panzer 4s instead.
13 Jun 2016, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 09:29 AMnee

No, I've only ever managed to get multiple heavies when I was either winning very well, or it was clearly a move that has it's disadvantages (ie I'd not have the resources to get other units to support them), or to put it more plainly, not playing the game OR losing ground because I or a teammate wanted to hoard resources for a second Tiger...which pu plainly, just means I'm losing.
In the former, it had no bearing on the game' outcome since it was already decided, and the latter it would have required the sort of play that left you without many other units you might need in lieu of a second Tiger or Elefant, almost always a dumb move unless you just wanted to fool around since the enemy was already kicking your ass. Given the cost of a second heavy call-in, you're investing into a tactic that is less likely to work compared to if you went multiple Panzer 4s instead.

It is largely possible to field 2 tigers or 2 IS2 or 2 Pershing in a 1vs1 game, you just need to have a balanced match that last a bit longer than usual.
Being able to field 2 heavy generalist units isn't something we don't know the outcome. And we are all happy to not have it anymore.
13 Jun 2016, 11:20 AM

A one line post that just wants something without any discussion why. Great.
If there is no 'good' discussion coming up, I'm gonna close this thread.
13 Jun 2016, 11:24 AM

You are supposed to use your heavy tanks as support to your army, not as your army.
13 Jun 2016, 11:26 AM

Don't fix (again) what isn't broken. It is better this way now. Players are forced to also tech up and not just wait for the 2 IS2/ISU/TIGER.

I remember games where players had 90 pop cap with 2 heavy tanks and 3 Inf units. No combined arms at all.
13 Jun 2016, 18:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Double IS2 vs double Tiger... nope.
13 Jun 2016, 18:47 PM

I still epxerince Post trauma panic attacks when I remember my first few 1v1 matches as OKW and had to deal with double IS2s.

No thanks.:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
13 Jun 2016, 19:51 PM

This thread is now locked because of the lack of any sense.
If you think otherwise PM me and I may reopen it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment