Login

russian armor

Tank shots on the Move

6 Jun 2016, 20:39 PM

Flanking a Panther is the easiest thing to do after all. All we have to do is smoke and flank, right? Gawd, play some games as allies.
Said the 4vs4 only player.

And when I play Allies, Panthers are no deal. Mark target, drive in, win.

Mine? Dead Panther. Simply because it is weaker than every other medium tank in the game for cost bar the T-34/76 without the frontal armor to utilize because of the sheer lack of rof.
6 Jun 2016, 20:49 PM

Said the 4vs4 player.

And when I play allies Panthers are no deal. Mark target, drive in, win.

Mine? Dead Panther. Simply because it is weaker every other medium tank in the game bar the T-34/76 without the frontal armor.

Said the ... uh what rank are you? I can't see, though your subsequent explaination lets me speculate.
6 Jun 2016, 21:06 PM

Said the 4vs4 only player.

And when I play Allies, Panthers are no deal. Mark target, drive in, win.

Mine? Dead Panther. Simply because it is weaker than every other medium tank in the game for cost bar the T-34/76 without the frontal armor to utilize because of the sheer lack of rof.

Pretty much every tank is dead when it hits a mine. And what tank has more risk of hitting a mine? The 320 front armor tank that auto-pens enemy mediums from 50 range, or the low-front armor tanks with only 40 range and low penetration? Spoiler alert: it's the second one.

Panthers are great because you can force enemies to fight you on your terms. You have the range, speed, and armor advantage. It's not the panthers fault if you keep getting it flanked by enemy mediums.
6 Jun 2016, 22:44 PM
Donator 11

This is actually the tiny bit of historical accurancy in the game, tanks that have higher on the move accurancy, namely sherman variants and comet were the ones that used gun stabilisers during ww2. This is one of inventions germans never thought of so german tanks didn't use stabilisers and had worse accurancy on the move, to the point that real tankers actually shot on the move only in very rare cases. I guess relic decides to add a little fun historical polish to sherman with that stat.
6 Jun 2016, 22:49 PM

Panthers are great because you can force enemies to fight you on your terms. You have the range, speed, and armor advantage. It's not the panthers fault if you keep getting it flanked by enemy mediums.

Well said.

This is actually the tiny bit of historical accurancy in the game, tanks that have higher on the move accurancy, namely sherman variants and comet were the ones that used gun stabilisers during ww2. This is one of inventions germans never thought of so german tanks didn't use stabilisers and had worse accurancy on the move, to the point that real tankers actually shot on the move only in very rare cases. I guess relic decides to add a little fun historical polish to sherman with that stat.

Well spotted mate!
I remember reading a WWII forum on the Tiger I's - they did not have stabilisers and was ill advised to fire on the move
6 Jun 2016, 22:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Funnily I've read that the Sherman's stabilizer realistically would more help keep the gun pointed toward the target before stopping to fire accurately instead of actually firing on the move, which all of the game's tanks are basically capable of already :romeoHairDay:
6 Jun 2016, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2016, 22:54 PMVuther

Funnily I've read that the Sherman's stabilizer realistically would more help keep the gun pointed toward the target before stopping to fire accurately instead of actually firing on the move, which all of the game's tanks are basically capable of already :romeoHairDay:

Yeah, normally any tank would stop to fire just becouse shooting main gun of a tank is a big bang and if by any chance your tank wasn't spotted you have much more chance to survive shooting only to hit, not just shooting around like tanks in coh2. They also had very limited ammunition reserves. On the other the stabilizer may have not allowed for shooting and hitting on the move but if you did shoot on the move you had much greater chance to hit somewhere near target than other tanks. In fact, coh2 stats can be read in the same way in this case - even with the .75 its usually better to stop a tank, just not always the player has the micro that is needed for it.
7 Jun 2016, 00:25 AM

It's fine that most allied mediums have better accuracy on the move. It's a reasonable compensation for their inferior durability and firepower. It also goes well with their more mobile combat style; all that extra mobility isn't much use when you have to keep stopping to fire. A big reason the t34/76 isn't much use right now is it can't use it's mobility to good effect because of poor accuracy.

The only tank that needs a look at is the Comet, it's already very strong for its cost. The good moving accuracy allows for very aggressive usage.

On a side note, a nice feature for CoH3 would be to have some kind of reload progress indicator so you can more clearly know when to stop your tank for more accurate fire.
21 Feb 2018, 21:41 PM

On a side note, a nice feature for CoH3 would be to have some kind of reload progress indicator so you can more clearly know when to stop your tank for more accurate fire.

===========
OMG!

Absolutely. Why is it that we do not have reload indicators?
That would be so helpful indeed. +1 +1000

I know, I know. Necro. Shut up :)
22 Feb 2018, 01:00 AM

Potential new thread title: "Reload Indicators"

Hay gais, I remember from this one thread years ago. there was a great idea: Reload indicators!

wat u think .org?

Kappa.

:romeoMug:
22 Feb 2018, 02:07 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

As far as reload indicators go, I remember when they added status effect visual timers onto heroes for DoTA 2. The veterans of the game all hated it because it took away a degree of skill from knowing the duration of the status effects through experience, but overall made the game more noob friendly and smoothed the learning curve. Although at the time I was a long time veteran of DoTA 2 and knew many status effect times through experience, the visual timer was overall a benefit to more coordination with teammates.
22 Feb 2018, 03:44 AM

No AT grenades, no mobile artillery, rocket artillery is doctrinal, no offensive stock infantry, generally worst anti-blob means among all factions, no heavy tanks that can fight back, AI of their tanks is actually the worst compared to all other factions...

Please remind me, why does the OKW deserve a non-doctrinal heavy tank?

1) Tank hunter IS ))) - (But yeah, getting snare would be nice)
2) Well yeah, because land mattress is also a comparatively cheap but effective rocket arty
3) Infantry section is rather good unless you define "offensive" as sprinting across the open to point blank range
4) Mortar pit is a rather effective anti blob, land mattress, skill plane strafe, churchill crocodile?
5) Yeah, in exchange they got a brutal tank destroyer that fires rockets and hits like a freight train, as well as a very tanky heavy tank
6) Centaur and Cromwell AI is easily on-par, if not superior to Ostwind and P4.

My personal opinion anyway )))
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS