Login

russian armor

OKW (balance preview mode) - concerns and solutions

PAGES (10)down
15 Jun 2016, 00:54 AM

the volks with the stg44 is fine. they are a bit weaker than single bar rifleman and price as such.

Are you sure about that? Because last time i checked the bar does 15 close and 4 damage far and the Volk STG does like 8 damage close and 0 damage far. So more than a 'bit' weaker
15 Jun 2016, 01:27 AM

Are you sure about that? Because last time i checked the bar does 15 close and 4 damage far and the Volk STG does like 8 damage close and 0 damage far. So more than a 'bit' weaker

your calculate is a bit off if the stg44 does zero damage far.
15 Jun 2016, 03:16 AM

your calculate is a bit off if the stg44 does zero damage far.

Why? Its what it does in the original mod. Either way do you have a source for how much damage the STGs do?
15 Jun 2016, 03:37 AM

Why? Its what it does in the original mod. Either way do you have a source for how much damage the STGs do?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xHuOW76BClAkbPMZE8N0c9g_sJgwCu9Qzk6ugQTIDmg/edit?usp=sharing

the source is me. I extracted the .rgd from the .sga and did the calculation myself.
15 Jun 2016, 03:41 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xHuOW76BClAkbPMZE8N0c9g_sJgwCu9Qzk6ugQTIDmg/edit?usp=sharing

the source is me. I extracted the .rgd from the .sga and did the calculation myself.

Thanks, but my point still stands, its DPS is far lower than the BAR's
15 Jun 2016, 03:48 AM

you get two stg44 replacing two volks lk98

you get one bar to replace one garand.
15 Jun 2016, 04:29 AM

you get two stg44 replacing two volks lk98

you get one bar to replace one garand.

Yeah and you still get more ΔDPS from the BAR

The Bar increases a rifle's dps by 7.2/2.7

The STG increases a volk's dps by 3.5/0.1, two volks would double it.

The DPS of a BAR plus a grand far outclasses 2 volks with stgs.
15 Jun 2016, 16:30 PM

You guys are looking at it wrong. Try to compare units across armies. Volks are not supposed to be terminators.

Volks = Cons
Grens = Rifles
etc.

More or less. You can't really compare any unit directly without taking multiple factors like its tech, arrival, army composition into account.

Also key fact is being neglected in this discussion. As said earlier key reason for OKW changes in balance preview mode is to get rid off Shrek blobs. I believe they even said this somewhere. You need to focus on this sole fact instead neglecting it.
15 Jun 2016, 16:39 PM

You guys are looking at it wrong. Try to compare units across armies. Volks are not supposed to be terminators.

Volks = Cons
Grens = Rifles
etc.

"grens=rifles" ahaahah never laughed so hard
15 Jun 2016, 17:49 PM

Wait...hold up...

You're telling me a faction with the strongest tanks has weaker infantry?!? And a faction with the weakest tanks has the stronger infantry?!?

#buffvolks

/s
15 Jun 2016, 17:53 PM

You guys are looking at it wrong. Try to compare units across armies. Volks are not
Grens = Rifles

Hahah, lol no.
15 Jun 2016, 17:55 PM

Wait...hold up...

You're telling me a faction with the strongest tanks has weaker infantry?!? And a faction with the weakest tanks has the stronger infantry?!?

#buffvolks

/s

Strengt's nothing against numbers.
15 Jun 2016, 18:02 PM

To be honest, I have more difficulties fighting infantry as OKW than I do with light vehicles. USF with LMGs and Brits with 5 man squad LMGs are severely devastating, especially early mid game with vet bulletin on Rifles. Majority of the people cannot be micro intensive with their light vehicles and I see no problem using AT.
15 Jun 2016, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 17:55 PMJohnnyB

Strengt's nothing against numbers.

Johnny, please stop. I took months off from this forum and upon my return I see you're still a bastion of axis whining and you're still parading around, crying about how your beloved Germany isn't a super nation.

You will have plenty of anti tank options come time a light vehicle appears and if you're struggling without volks blobs, maybe it's time to switch up your play style.

No personal attack intended, just pointing out my observation. As you're entitled to freely post your opinion...I withhold that same right as well.

Good day to you sir.
15 Jun 2016, 18:47 PM

Johnny, please stop. I took months off from this forum and upon my return I see you're still a bastion of axis whining and you're still parading around, crying about how your beloved Germany isn't a super nation.

You will have plenty of anti tank options come time a light vehicle appears and if you're struggling without volks blobs, maybe it's time to switch up your play style.

No personal attack intended, just pointing out my observation. As you're entitled to freely post your opinion...I withhold that same right as well.

Good day to you sir.

Well, apparently you took months off from this game too. No point in asking you if you even tried the balance preview mode. But you still come here and say that all I ever done is whining in Axis' favor. I don't even know if I should take you seriously or just laugh my ass off.

No personal attack intended, of course....
15 Jun 2016, 22:01 PM

Yeah and you still get more ΔDPS from the BAR

The Bar increases a rifle's dps by 7.2/2.7

The STG increases a volk's dps by 3.5/0.1, two volks would double it.

The DPS of a BAR plus a grand far outclasses 2 volks with stgs.

The STG on volks really doesn't belong there. As @PencilBatRation mentioned before, giving volks an upgrade for 5x MP40s would be a much better option. It would practically turn them into assault grenadiers with better utility (or conscripts with the ppsh upgrade). This would give you a choice between being frontline infantry or an assault unit. The upgrade would give a much more noticeable difference and will require better reasoning to buy it.
16 Jun 2016, 01:50 AM

OKW will be fine. What they've lost in raw AT they've gained in Ai, suppression, and snares which more then makes up for it.

This new balanced approach to OKW is a breath of fresh air. Medium tanks might actually find their place in meta now that their won't be so much schreks in every game.
16 Jun 2016, 06:25 AM

The STG on volks really doesn't belong there. As @PencilBatRation mentioned before, giving volks an upgrade for 5x MP40s would be a much better option. It would practically turn them into assault grenadiers with better utility (or conscripts with the ppsh upgrade). This would give you a choice between being frontline infantry or an assault unit. The upgrade would give a much more noticeable difference and will require better reasoning to buy it.

I think Volks are intended to be a versatile infantry unit that's fairly cheap to build and maintain, MP44s increase their general DPS while MP40s would specialize them as you said, I don't think they should be a specialized unit however. Globally, it would be a nerf to the army.

With regards to realism, Volks with MP44s during the battle of the bulge/late war in general is also more fitting
16 Jun 2016, 06:38 AM

People are crying because they don't find purpose to AssGren past 5 minutes and you want to give OKW a sort of after 5 minutes? Volks aren't assault section, you have the sturmpio for that.
16 Jun 2016, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 06:38 AMEsxile

People are crying because they don't find purpose to AssGren past 5 minutes and you want to give OKW a sort of after 5 minutes?
That is when volks superior vet comes into play.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 06:38 AMEsxile
Volks aren't assault section, you have the sturmpio for that.
And that is the exact reason as why they shouldn't get STGs.

MP44s increase their general DPS while MP40s would specialize them as you said
If you gave them 5 MP44s yeah, but right now it is a silly change that does not make the slightest sense.

If an overall improvement in their DPS was the intended change then they could have their K98s tweaked. Or, as mentioned by karbinder, just give them an upgrade which could allow them to switch into a different role.

The ppSH upgrade turns cons into a powerful close range unit, can't see what could go wrong if a similar upgrade was given to OKW.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W