Login

russian armor

OKW (balance preview mode) - concerns and solutions

PAGES (10)down
13 Jun 2016, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 12:21 PMZyllen

yeah it is a light tank destroyer.
And that makes the puma way to expensive for what it is doing.
but maths and logic is not your strong point.

Having decent micro still doesnt make this unit good . its just makes them acceptable

How is the puma overpriced for its role when it can easily destroy similar priced light vehicles and it can destroy medium armor with good micro and ambush tactics.
13 Jun 2016, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 09:54 AMZyllen

The puma is without a doubt the most cost ineffective unit in the game but you dont play okw so you do not know anyway.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 05:38 AMZyllen

You never checked correctly because it never was capable of fighting medium tanks. it was only capable of flanking a medium tank.

I guess we have a winner of most needed L2P posts this month.
13 Jun 2016, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 10:00 AMZyllen

1. looking only at cost its not a good way to balance things. technically the okw has significantly inferior support units and relies on stronger front-line units. now the okw has weaker frontline and support units. no snipers and a shitty mg and leigh. As such vg's need to be as strong as rifles or even stronger.

2. i do not use the puma or m10 as AI anyway.

the Okw doesn't just have stronger front-line unit, they have the best frontline unit. Panther, jpz4, king tiger, and ober are some of the most amazing frontline unit in the game, and okw is no longer crippled by a lowered income. Even factoring in the cost price, it's still a net price decrease for those units.

the days of volks spam is over. Okw need to start using something else. jpz4, luch, stuka, puma, and AAHT still have their old fuel cost from when the OKW's income was crippled and are now effectively cheaper. (AAHT needs a buff, but the other units are great)

OKW should be an aggressive faction that favor strong frontline unit at the expense of their support unit.
13 Jun 2016, 19:22 PM

the Okw doesn't just have stronger front-line unit, they have the best frontline unit. Panther, jpz4, king tiger, and ober are some of the most amazing frontline unit in the game, and okw is no longer crippled by a lowered income. Even factoring in the cost price, it's still a net price decrease for those units.

the days of volks spam is over. Okw need to start using something else. jpz4, luch, stuka, puma, and AAHT still have their old fuel cost from when the OKW's income was crippled and are now effectively cheaper. (AAHT needs a buff, but the other units are great)

OKW should be an aggressive faction that favor strong frontline unit at the expense of their support unit.

This is definitely their design, but they have good support units too
14 Jun 2016, 01:02 AM

Yeah thats not going to happen as its not happening right now. nobody is going to use the puma or the aaht ever . they are shit and you are going to lose if you use them. 4-5 volks with support and tech straight to the okw truck to get the real units.

How is the puma overpriced for its role when it can easily destroy similar priced light vehicles and it can destroy medium armor with good micro and ambush tactics.

last part is false you really need to be knuckle head to lose a medium tank to a single puma. 2 will do the job but the jp 4 and p4 does it way better for cost. and as you say its similar priced to other lv's. then compare the puma to the 222 and the aec who can counter vehicles that are more expensive then they themselves are
14 Jun 2016, 01:03 AM

I guess we have a winner of most needed L2P posts this month.

Last 3 times i played against you you lost all 3 matches im not really impressed with your assessments
14 Jun 2016, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 01:02 AMZyllen

last part is false you really need to be knuckle head to lose a medium tank to a single puma. 2 will do the job but the jp 4 and p4 does it way better for cost. and as you say its similar priced to other lv's. then compare the puma to the 222 and the aec who can counter vehicles that are more expensive then they themselves are

I agree the jp4 and the p4 are better counters to mediums than the puma but the puma can still kill tanks. I dont have the replays but I assure you ive killed plenty of mediums with a single puma and not 2.

As for the other light vehicles countering vehicles that are more expensive that is precisely my point, a 222 can kill a t70 if it catches it on the flank but it cant kill a medium like a puma can and an aec and stuart can stun mediums but they cant finish them off like the puma which also can jam turrets.

However I will agree that the AAHT needs reworking and a price decrease because it is very risky for such a high price and clunky performance.
14 Jun 2016, 02:32 AM

Whoops double post
14 Jun 2016, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 01:02 AMZyllen

The Puma has 50 range and out-ranges every allied vehicle except for the Comet, Pershing, and allied TDs. It also has higher penetration than a Panzer IV and can outrun a Cromwell. You can kill any enemy medium tank with a Puma simply by kiting it.

The AEC, in comparison, has the roughly the same main gun as the Puma, barring its inferior range (40) and penetration (it does have better scatter/AOE). The AEC also has a better MG and costs 40 manpower and 10 fuel less than the Puma. This price ignores the 150 manpower and 15 fuel teching cost required to unlock the AEC.

I rather doubt that the AEC "can counter vehicles that are more expensive then they themselves are" much better than the Puma.
14 Jun 2016, 10:21 AM

Actually, AEC vs Puma penetration, well, it depends on range, close range Puma is better, long range, AEC, but AEC has less range overall.

End point is, Puma is amazing vehicle that can fight much more experienced units and come on top, it also scales amazingly with getting 160dmg at the end, whilst AEC just remains supporting light armor.

Nothing wrong with either of them, both are great as they are and failing with any of them can not be excused by anything else then lack of micro.
14 Jun 2016, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 10:09 AMSvanh

The Puma has 50 range and out-ranges every allied vehicle except for the Comet, Pershing, and allied TDs. It also has higher penetration than a Panzer IV and can outrun a Cromwell. You can kill any enemy medium tank with a Puma simply by kiting it.

The AEC, in comparison, has the roughly the same main gun as the Puma, barring its inferior range (40) and penetration (it does have better scatter/AOE). The AEC also has a better MG and costs 40 manpower and 10 fuel less than the Puma. This price ignores the 150 manpower and 15 fuel teching cost required to unlock the AEC.

I rather doubt that the AEC "can counter vehicles that are more expensive then they themselves are" much better than the Puma.

That bolded part? get that shit out of here. the okw doesnt need the mech truck either so by comparison i can say that the okw puma cost 610 mp and 125 fuel? Also you are looking at the close range stats not the long range stats because the penetration is less then 50 % at long range and it cannot hit broad side of a barn.
14 Jun 2016, 11:11 AM

I agree the jp4 and the p4 are better counters to mediums than the puma but the puma can still kill tanks. I dont have the replays but I assure you ive killed plenty of mediums with a single puma and not 2.

As for the other light vehicles countering vehicles that are more expensive that is precisely my point, a 222 can kill a t70 if it catches it on the flank but it cant kill a medium like a puma can and an aec and stuart can stun mediums but they cant finish them off like the puma which also can jam turrets.

However I will agree that the AAHT needs reworking and a price decrease because it is very risky for such a high price and clunky performance.

You can kill mediums with even heavies as i once kilted a single is-2 with a single puma but your opponent is really dropping the ball he has no support ready.

The puma is simply cost ineffective for what it is doing ,their better units in the okw flacktruck hq and you can tech straight to obers.
14 Jun 2016, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 11:04 AMZyllen

That bolded part? get that shit out of here. the okw doesnt need the mech truck either so by comparison i can say that the okw puma cost 610 mp and 125 fuel?

No, because the puma is not the sole and exclusive item mechanized HQ provide.
AEC side grade on the other hand is and unless you plan to spam it, the side tech cost needs to be added to AEC as it provides no additional benefits, unlike hammer/anvil tech.

Also you are looking at the close range stats not the far range stats because the penetration is less then 50 % at long range and i cannot hit bbroad side of a barn.

Puma accuracy is exactly the same as your average medium tank, don't move and shoot, because on long range it doesn't work for any vehicle since a looong time now.
14 Jun 2016, 20:05 PM

I can literally see little reason why anybody would ever field a FlakHT, when they have access to MG34.

Only to counter molo style m5s or m20 or universal carrier spam if you want to go fast flakHQ aftewards (medic tier is cheaper than mechanized so you can rush tank faster).

So to sum it up, troll unit that counter other troll units play :D
14 Jun 2016, 20:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 10:09 AMSvanh

The Puma has 50 range and out-ranges every allied vehicle except for the Comet, Pershing, and allied TDs.

actually the puma out range the pershing by 5 meters
14 Jun 2016, 20:17 PM

Not as if this would really help Puma in any way.
14 Jun 2016, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 01:03 AMZyllen

Last 3 times i played against you you lost all 3 matches im not really impressed with your assessments

If that's true you really shut up that guy, congratulations. I don't understand him, besides bias he has nothing valuable to bring into discussion, always simply making fun and saying that whoever dares to state a problem that axis has he must just L2P.
14 Jun 2016, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 01:03 AMZyllen

Hardly since I dont play 1v1 often (and during last 2 months Ive won like 80% of my 1v1s) while 2v2 random (my favourite) is not any basis.

Tho I wonder why you havent uploaded any replay ever and hide PC :luvDerp:
14 Jun 2016, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 20:21 PMJohnnyB

If that's true you really shut up that guy, congratulations. I don't understand him, besides bias he has nothing valuable to bring into discussion, always simply making fun and saying that whoever dares to state a problem that axis has he must just L2P.
His attitude somewhat reminds me of Alladdin.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 20:17 PMJohnnyB

Not as if this would really help Puma in any way.
True, it has a small chance to penetrate the m26.
15 Jun 2016, 00:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 11:04 AMZyllen
That bolded part? get that shit out of here. the okw doesnt need the mech truck either so by comparison i can say that the okw puma cost 610 mp and 125 fuel? Also you are looking at the close range stats not the long range stats because the penetration is less then 50 % at long range and it cannot hit broad side of a barn.

The teching cost only unlocks the AEC (and delays the Cromwell) and you are unlikely to build more than one or two. Compare this to the Mechanized Headquarters, which unlocks the Puma, Luchs, Stuka, Panzershrecks, Incendiary Grenades, and allows you to build the Schwerer Panzer Headquarters.

Additionally, the AEC has the same penetration profile as the T34/76 (N/M/F 120/100/80) while the Puma has N/M/F penetration values of 160/120/80. Both the AEC and Puma have the same main gun accuracy.

This isn't to say that the AEC is under-powered or that the Puma is over-powered; both are quite useful. I think we can safely say that the Puma is better against vehicles though. :)

Ah, USF. :D
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment