"Posted by RE_Kyle Jun 2, 2016"
Ehm...
"The contest will run from May 19th to June 19th, 2016."
:snfPeter:

Them canadians are in different, tim... calendar zone? :snfQuinn:
2 Jun 2016, 17:36 PM

No, just late to the game as always.
2 Jun 2016, 20:01 PM

Seriously, isn't it enough with the anime skins?
Why not just make new camo skins instead of this bullshit
2 Jun 2016, 20:18 PM

To be fair, the ones Rita made were tasteful and respectful of the setting. If they stick to the same mindset for the contest, then we've got nothing to lose.

Anyways, either one of those example textures is better than the bloodsplatter skins.
2 Jun 2016, 20:22 PM

Relic tryna please dem weeaboo crowd Hans is pulling in by adding more dank anime skins to make some $$$
2 Jun 2016, 20:40 PM

Instead of fixing those unused commanders, unused abilities and unused stuff like german trenches and FlaK emplacement spread out those bullshit anime competition. Sure Relic - just....no
3 Jun 2016, 00:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why would we need others while we have rita's
3 Jun 2016, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2016, 06:04 AMwouren
:hansGG:

I am now honestly interested in seeing what the game would be like if it was owned and managed completely by .org.

Still love u relic, but cmon.

Semi-open source CoH2? That would be pretty great.

Gotta agree though, this whole 'anime' stuff is going a bit far. If you're into it, that's fine; but it really doesn't make any sense in a historically based WW2 game. If they need more skins, just do another one like the 'polycount' contest a while back; those skins were pretty great.
3 Jun 2016, 06:26 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2016, 17:24 PMkamk
"Posted by RE_Kyle Jun 2, 2016"
Ehm...
"The contest will run from May 19th to June 19th, 2016."
:snfPeter:

they fixed it to "june 2nd to july 2nd"

that is the only reason why you guys were upset right? because i cant find any other reason to condemn relic for this.

Instead of fixing those unused commanders, unused abilities and unused stuff like german trenches and FlaK emplacement spread out those bullshit anime competition. Sure Relic - just....no

yep. i am pretty sure that the one person(probably) who is overseeing this is also the sole balance developer responsible for all balance patches at relic.

EDIT: wait this is anime? but the sov and ost tanks with the skins look cool though. and i honestly had no idea. just dont add anime characters on pls :).
3 Jun 2016, 06:48 AM

EDIT: wait this is anime? but the sov and ost tanks with the skins look cool though. and i honestly had no idea. just dont add anime characters on pls :).

There is an anime, but that was made later based off the original game. The game was made in Japan though and features an anime art style.

The game takes place in a fantasy WW2 setting and has nations, events, and technology that parrellel the real WW2, which is why it does actually relate to coh2 a little. More importantly both games are owned by Sega and the Valkyria Chronicles remastered version just released hence this PROMOTION.

The promotion takes pretty much 0 money or effort from relic to run and is probably completely run simply by the community manager alone. It effects literally nothing being worked on by the game or taking up any of the actual developers time.

So either 1. You enjoy valkyria chronicles or like the skins or 2. You don't care about it and can ignore it and can even exclude them from your game.

Seriously nothing in this thread except stupid people complaining about shit they don't know anything about.
3 Jun 2016, 06:54 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The issue that I have is that rita's skins were fine and it seems a bit like a slap in the face to RitaRush, despite all the time and energy she put in. I may have over-exaggerated in my post a little, so I get your point.

I could town it down a few notches.
3 Jun 2016, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2016, 06:54 AMwouren

The issue that I have is that rita's skins were fine and it seems a bit like a slap in the face to RitaRush, despite all the time and energy she put in. I may have over-exaggerated in my post a little, so I get your point.

My comment wasn't really aimed at you specifically . Lots of others here making much worse comments then you.
3 Jun 2016, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2016, 06:54 AMwouren

I see it the other way around, Rita's great work lead Relic into organizing this event because many people are using her skins. I don't know if Rita has been retributed for the 2 first set of skin but she definitely can participate to the contest and win some.

That's a good thing to put in an artist book or CV, showing a company organizing a contest after your first release.
3 Jun 2016, 09:08 AM

I 'm working hard to realistic skins ... it could be a different contest...And present my work..
3 Jun 2016, 10:02 AM
Lead Artist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2016, 08:40 AMEsxile

I see it the other way around, Rita's great work lead Relic into organizing this event because many people are using her skins. I don't know if Rita has been retributed for the 2 first set of skin but she definitely can participate to the contest and win some.

That's a good thing to put in an artist book or CV, showing a company organizing a contest after your first release.

Pretty much this.

Thank you so much, guys, for worrying about me, I appreciated it a lot. But it's fine, really. Just another opportunity to create amazing skin sets in a friendly competition environment! And I LOVE competing! Already started my work on this, you guys may find work-in-progress threads here and here.

I understand, a lot of people do not like non-historical skins, but there's always an option just to turn them off. The previous contest was all about historical sets mostly, so, maybe it's time to get some colorful less-restricted fun in this one :D

p.s. I am working on my realistic skinpack for Ostheer too by the way, I hope I'll put it into the workshop via curated path soon enough :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★