Login

russian armor

Reduce Price of WC-51

25 May 2016, 02:44 AM

Having tested it at 10 fuel awhile back at 0cp, it's definitely not a good idea as you end up with a situation where you can effectively fight it in the first few minutes. If it goes down it price it should go up in CP and be given abilities to allow it to scale into the mid-late game. Or it takes longer to call more trucks in.

Maybe OKW can deal with it as they have raketens, but Ostheer trying to deal with 2 dodge trucks with a rifle riding onboard on the cut-off in the first minute or so of the game that can shuffle in and out for repairs is very difficult to deal with and this is the time when your 3rd Grenadier squad arrives and you may only have the munitions for one faust.

What about Transport Capabilities becoming available after USF having teched an officer cause 20 fuel is bad for what it does now
25 May 2016, 02:55 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Having tested it at 10 fuel awhile back at 0cp, it's definitely not a good idea as you end up with a situation where you can effectively fight it in the first few minutes. If it goes down it price it should go up in CP and be given abilities to allow it to scale into the mid-late game. Or it takes longer to call more trucks in.

Maybe OKW can deal with it as they have raketens, but Ostheer trying to deal with 2 dodge trucks with a rifle riding onboard on the cut-off in the first minute or so of the game that can shuffle in and out for repairs is very difficult to deal with and this is the time when your 3rd Grenadier squad arrives and you may only have the munitions for one faust.

but did you test it with a cooldown on game start like old rifle company vet1 rifles, so that you could create a sweet spot where you had plenty of t1 units as axis, but also a big enough window for the WC51? :snfQuinn:

while ALSO preventing the possibility of having 2 or more WC51 so early.
25 May 2016, 03:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

but did you test it with a cooldown on game start like old rifle company vet1 rifles, so that you could create a sweet spot where you had plenty of t1 units as axis, but also a big enough window for the WC51? :snfQuinn:

while ALSO preventing the possibility of having 2 or more WC51 so early.

How long would said cooldown be, however? The first part of the cooldown will probably be spent of the first rifle squad being trained.

A WC 51 only take takes 30 seconds to be off cooldown so I'm guessing if we were to go with that idea, around 50+ seconds.
25 May 2016, 03:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

How long would said cooldown be, however? The first part of the cooldown will probably be spent of the first rifle squad being trained.

A WC 51 only take takes 30 seconds to be off cooldown so I'm guessing if we were to go with that idea, around 50+ seconds.

yes. like a really specific time, that could be found through testing.
something even as crazy as 100-200-250 seconds even.

-You cant spam them
-You can then afford it, tech up and keep tempo, AND it has a balanced window
-You cant replace one if you lose it before a 222/or something can then arrive

It should not be expensive though, to me thats the worst solution possible.

no one that wants to win will buy wc51 for its cost unless they're fighting an equally non meta strat like ass gren spam or kubel spam.
25 May 2016, 04:34 AM
Donator 11

I feel like a 1cp 15 fuel WC-51 with changes to its pathfinding (possibly acceleration) wouldn't be bad. I could definitely see it shutting down OKW but with the pfaus change it might be mitigated.
nee
25 May 2016, 06:36 AM

I rather it just have a bunch of abilities that make up for its cost. At present it is simply a M20/ Halftrack hybrid that fails to be better than either in any way. That's of course my own opinion, but I do think a more objective fact is that in its current state it's largely a 1v1/ 2v2 sort of unit.
If it had something like an upgrade that makes it work like ambulance, then that might be something else. I personally would like some of the more bland units to feature some utility that makes them remotely useful in late-game, even if it's something like increasing sight range, locking down sectors and cloak and so forth. Being lacklustre combat units that are obsolete once tiers start being available, they're the most logical units to be used in that situation- no one wants to risk a tank for that sort of duty, right?
25 May 2016, 06:38 AM

I don't know why you want to decrease the fuel cost to 10, it would make it too OP vs OKW and Ostheer in its current state.

Two options:
-Increase its maneuverability and keep the same cost
-Remove the garrisoning option and decrease its cost to 10 fuel. The unit becomes more an early support/mobile unit.
25 May 2016, 06:58 AM
Patrion 14

Making the wc51 one CP will make it useless, it's all about the first precious minutes.

Would be nice if it had better mobility OR give it the same damage as the Soviet scout car, the rest is fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★