Login

russian armor

Tiger Tank

14 May 2016, 12:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 09:41 AMButcher
That is one doctrine (other one isn´t free). So if I have chosen another doctrine earlier or don´t have the Elefant in my outload I´m supposed to lose by your logic. For example if I´ve chosen a Tiger.

Then you made a mistake. And btw the fact that it is in a stock & free doctrine makes it so accessible that nobody has right to complain. Its like saying "USF has no LMGs" (they have, in 2 doctrines, one is stock and free) while everybody is spamming lmg blobs.
14 May 2016, 12:52 PM

Then you made a mistake. And btw the fact that it is in a stock & free doctrine makes it so accessible that nobody has right to complain. Its like saying "USF has no LMGs" (they have, in 2 doctrines, one is stock and free) while everybody is spamming lmg blobs.
You are arguing that people should lose the game for not choosing Elefant. People not wanting to go for that doctrine in 90% of all games have every right to complain about a boring and shit game experience.
14 May 2016, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 12:52 PMButcher
You are arguing that people should lose the game for not choosing Elefant. People not wanting to go for that doctrine in 90% of all games have every right to complain about a boring and shit game experience.

It's A counter, NOT the only one counter. To be honest, going into a match 2v2+ with not atleast 1 JT or Ele in your teams loadout seems just stupid to me.
14 May 2016, 15:54 PM

That is one doctrine (other one isn´t free). So if I have chosen another doctrine earlier or don´t have the Elefant in my outload I´m supposed to lose by your logic. For example if I´ve chosen a Tiger.

No, but it is an often overlooked solution to a tactical problem. cc. ferwiner, RedT3rror
14 May 2016, 15:59 PM

stugs, Stugs, STUGS!!!
14 May 2016, 16:18 PM

No, but it is an often overlooked solution to a tactical problem. cc. ferwiner, RedT3rror
US player should lose the game if a Tiger Ace is fielded and they didn´t choose the Pershing doctrine. Flawless.

To be honest, going into a match 2v2+ with not atleast 1 JT or Ele in your teams loadout seems just stupid to me.
There are players that want to have fun. Don´t you agree it´s bad design you are forced into a heavy TD each and every game and Tigers aren´t as viable? Thus the meta is stuck with the same doctrines over and over again. Nobody is asking to make the Tiger unbeatable but a small buff is needed, seeing how much its counters are going to perform better versus it (T-34/76, Su-85, Firefly if you will) and seeing that it also gets some nerfs (deflection stun removed, less rear armor).
14 May 2016, 17:13 PM

alternatively, ostheer repair speed can be buffed so that tiger can stay on frontline more. just my 2 cents
14 May 2016, 20:21 PM

I find it funny that Comet has only 10 less frontal armor than Tiger and the same rear armor :D SOOOO TROOOOLLLL.
Comet Armor Front/Rear: 290/180
Tiger Armor Front/Rear: 300/180
Comets are also smaller which means harder to hit (22 compared to 26)

Tiger can only be considered a heavy tank because it has 1080 HP compared to premium mediums which have 800 HP. This is a difference of 2 ATG shots.

Tigers are slow AND have bad armor. IS2 has 375 as does the KT.
14 May 2016, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 17:13 PMSmaug
alternatively, ostheer repair speed can be buffed so that tiger can stay on frontline more. just my 2 cents

+ 100
14 May 2016, 20:25 PM

Tigers frontal armor wasn't as amazing as people think...

There was a reason why Tigers were advised not to engage IS-2 tanks for example.

And what do you think is wrong with comet?
Maybe you should bring Churchill, which had GREATER frontal armor then Tiger and in game we have 240 only?
14 May 2016, 20:32 PM

Im just saying, ppl complained about churchill having low armor and high HP therefore having long repair times. Ostheer has it even worse with tiger since Pios<REs
14 May 2016, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 16:18 PMButcher
US player should lose the game if a Tiger Ace is fielded and they didn´t choose the Pershing doctrine. Flawless.

Mot precisely. The way to beat the ace has always been to bleed the rest of your opponents army. Disabling it with m20 mines and pio sniping has always been a persomal favourite, but there are other better options, p47s m36 for instance even m10 spam can ensure hilarity. My do you come up with some rather insiduous and asinine conclusions.
14 May 2016, 23:21 PM

My do you come up with some rather insiduous and asinine conclusions.
I´m not the one saying players should lose the game if they didn´t chose that one doctrine. I simply put the shit you said into a different perspective to show how ridiculous it is.
15 May 2016, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 17:13 PMSmaug

+1, this should happen whether or not the Tiger is buffed directly. :)

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 23:21 PMButcher
I´m not the one saying players should lose the game if they didn´t chose that one doctrine. I simply put the shit you said into a different perspective to show how ridiculous it is.

If we're still talking about the Firefly/Croc scenario from the previous page, wouldn't one or two Panzer IVs and a Stug be better than a Tiger? The Croc can't actually threaten your tanks (Cromwell penetration, longer reload time, half the damage) so flanking and killing the Firefly with the Panzer IV(s) before bringing up the Stug to kill the Croc quicker is what I would do. It really depends on map design and how well supported the Croc and Firefly are though.

I wouldn't have thought the Tiger was a good choice against UKF in general. UKF simply has too many anti-heavy weapons (PIATs, 17 Pounder, Firefly, Tulips) for the Tiger to be as much use as an equivalent cost in medium vehicles.
15 May 2016, 02:57 AM

l2p problem then.

if you chose your commander quite early, its your fault then not the game.

#adapttoyourenemy
15 May 2016, 04:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 23:21 PMButcher

No, what you did was create a straw man insinuating that players should lose if they don't chose ONE option. Whereas I simply suggested, albeit rather facetiously, that there were more viable, and often more useful late game options available than some people realize.
15 May 2016, 08:21 AM

real world question:

Did IS-2s have better protection than the Tiger? I noticed it does not have sloped armor, unlike the IS-2.

seems odd.
15 May 2016, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 08:21 AMpoop
real world question:

Did IS-2s have better protection than the Tiger? I noticed it does not have sloped armor, unlike the IS-2.

seems odd.

IS-2 had much better armor, yes, it was significantly better then Tigers, had Soviets came up with a gun similar to 88 or panthers 75mm, IS-2 would be the most superior WW2 tank for the cost(sure, KT was pimp, but it was anything but efficient).
15 May 2016, 09:24 AM

1. MAKE TIGER GREAT AGAIN!
2. ???
3. PROFIT!
4. WEHRMACHT IS GREAT AGAIN!

CANT STUMP THE TRUMPGER
16 May 2016, 01:51 AM

The only problem with a tiger 1/ tiger 2 is now counters exist for them.

Another L2P issue folks time to move on
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 15
United Kingdom 47
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias