Login

russian armor

Tiger Tank

14 May 2016, 06:38 AM

What has happen to the Ostheer Tiger tank, might as well call it a paper tiger, by the time it comes out, brit comets and fireflys grate it like cheese.
14 May 2016, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 06:38 AMiceman

What has happen to the Ostheer Tiger tank, might as well call it a paper tiger, by the time it comes out, brit comets and fireflys grate it like cheese.

First, here's a table I posted in the other Tiger thread:
jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 23:19 PMSvanh

The Tiger isn't much less durable than the IS-2.

StatTigerIS-2
Health10401040
Armour(Front/Rear)300/180375/140
Speed4.75
Damage160160
Range4540
Reload Time5.136.53
Cost (Manpower/Fuel)640/230640/230

Second, a Tiger is not the right unit against Comets and Fireflies. While both are weaker in a straight fight, they out-range the Tiger (Comet: 50 range, Firefly: 60 range).

If your opponent is using Comets and Fireflies, a Panther would be a better choice than a Tiger because it has better range and speed. Fireflies are also quite vulnerable to AT-guns and Panzerschrecks.
14 May 2016, 08:25 AM

Can we lock this?

Elaborated argumentation based on in-game situations leads me to believe this is just a QQ thread.
14 May 2016, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 08:25 AMKatitof
Can we lock this?

Elaborated argumentation based on in-game situations leads me to believe this is just a QQ thread.

Love to talk academics but practical is reality. Tigers are not what they used to be.
14 May 2016, 08:57 AM

Tiger is good heavy tank with everything on medium. Medium power, medium penetration, medium level of armor, medium speed... everything is medium. Just like Panzer 4, but heavy version.

Firefly problem core is not in Tiger, it's in Fireflys. Firefly is heavy AT, it suppoused to deal fast with enemy tanks, it costs a lot. It's obvious, that Tiger should lose to Fireflys.

It's same strange to whine, that Pershing dying from Panthers, Pershing sux. Pershing is awesome, but of course it will lose to AT. Same with Tiger.
14 May 2016, 09:11 AM

See how Ostheer handles Croc + Firefly and then come back and talk. Neither Panthers nor Tigers nor Paks are able to deal with that. For some reason the Brits are allowed to have a super armor combination yet Ostheer lacks any lategame means to counter that.

Just suggest one change about Ostheer lategame and you run against the wall of the same autistic forum warriors yelling "Krupp steehl".
14 May 2016, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 09:11 AMButcher
See how Ostheer handles Croc + Firefly and then come back and talk. Neither Panthers nor Tigers nor Paks are able to deal with that. For some reason the Brits are allowed to have a super armor combination yet Ostheer lacks any lategame means to counter that.

I guess, what you said here is reason to nerf UKF, not buff Ostheer... Otherwise, we will have to buff all factions to level of UKF, which will make that game impossible to play.

14 May 2016, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 08:39 AMiceman

Love to talk academics but practical is reality. Tigers are not what they used to be.

I'm not sure why you think its an issue.

Perhaps you forgot what tigers used to be?

Let me remind you:

Overpowered and overshadowing piece of armor, which made every single other armor irrelevant to the point where for well over one whole year we've had NOTHING but tiger spam meta.

Right not its just another tank with clear counters, like any other armor and you think its wrong somehow?

Wunderwaffe Zeiten have ended.
14 May 2016, 09:28 AM

British armour/Emplacements got you down?

"ayyyyy"
14 May 2016, 09:41 AM

"ayyyyy"
That is one doctrine (other one isn´t free). So if I have chosen another doctrine earlier or don´t have the Elefant in my outload I´m supposed to lose by your logic. For example if I´ve chosen a Tiger.
14 May 2016, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 09:18 AMKatitof

I'm not sure why you think its an issue.

Perhaps you forgot what tigers used to be?

Let me remind you:

Overpowered and overshadowing piece of armor, which made every single other armor irrelevant to the point where for well over one whole year we've had NOTHING but tiger spam meta.

Right not its just another tank with clear counters, like any other armor and you think its wrong somehow?

Wunderwaffe Zeiten have ended.

I usually dont discuss in forums but as coh2 fan i must reply to this post. I also see more threads about tiger but i ll respond to this one for now. I think people who complain want to say that tiger is just slightly underperforming for its cost and mostly cheaper units can counter it easily. I dont think it should be super tank,far from that,it should be countered,but if it is a heavy tank it should act like one. I consider it very fragile atm(and thats funny considering its size) and needs a babysitting a lot atm because of his bad frontal armour,whatever people,say it really is penetrated by everything. I think it frontal armour part(nerfing rear armour is good actually as it rewards flanking) should be increased as tiger is really slow and its hard to escape if it is damaged in battle.( combine arms battle i mean,i never go alone with it). And even when you do escape,it needs forever to repair it what is really annoying. It should be a little harder to take it down imo.
14 May 2016, 10:04 AM
Donator 22

I found a tiger, backed up with 2 PAK40 very strong. Whats the problem?

edit:
while I have to agree that Croc + Firefly combo are also strong :D
14 May 2016, 10:08 AM

In the same way as the Firefly doesn't counter a PaK the Tiger doesn't counter a Firefly. Therefore I see no major issue in the Tigers performance. Its often just more useful to get cheaper tanks than to wait for it. A tiny front armour buff(25 or so) could compensate for the rear armour nerf.
14 May 2016, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 09:58 AMNeo88

I usually dont discuss in forums but as coh2 fan i must reply to this post. I also see more threads about tiger but i ll respond to this one for now.

Welcome to .org then!

I think people who complain want to say that tiger is just slightly underperforming for its cost and mostly cheaper units can counter it easily. I dont think it should be super tank,far from that,it should be countered,but if it is a heavy tank it should act like one. I consider it very fragile atm(and thats funny considering its size) and needs a babysitting a lot atm because of his bad frontal armour,whatever people,say it really is penetrated by everything.

And for the reason of being slightly underperforming, it got recently considerable penetration buff and +5 range buff, which puts it far above all generalist tanks in game.

I think it frontal armour part(nerfing rear armour is good actually as it rewards flanking) should be increased as tiger is really slow and its hard to escape if it is damaged in battle.( combine arms battle i mean,i never go alone with it). And even when you do escape,it needs forever to repair it what is really annoying. It should be a little harder to take it down imo.

Thing with tiger is, it have 3rd best suitability(no generalist tank except IS-2 can take it on frontally, even equally expensive Pershing) with only KT and IS-2 having more, but it got also excellent firepower that only KT and vetted Pershing can rival with.

It feels weak, because allies, contrary to majority of axis players, actually do use tank destroyers, which are natural counter to Tiger. No medium stands up to it, all of them need to flank or use additional units or abilities to inflict considerable damage.

Repair issue is a whole another story and is a problem of both vanila armies, pios and CEs alone just don't cut it in comparison to all later armies repair speeds and options.

There isn't a problem with Tiger survivability, there is a problem with players mindset in this thread, who believe a tank should resist its hardcounter, tank destroyer.

There is no allied tank except for IS-2 that can go toe to toe with Tiger for the cost, TDs are sole counters and they will only be better against heavies(while less effective vs meds).

Thing is, in the past, players build armies AROUND the tiger.
Its not possible, because its not on godly level anymore, now you build your army with Tiger as addition, not the backbone.
14 May 2016, 10:32 AM

I don't know why people refuse the understand that the Tiger is just a call-in alternative to the Panther, with a couple of differences, like better AI. If you don't want to tech to Panthers, get the right doc and save for a Tiger. In real life the Panther outclassed the Tiger and was a much more versatile tank.
14 May 2016, 10:40 AM

Well all in all, i thinks it is a really good tank after all,and backing with some shrecks or pak makes it a serious threat to allies. I would like to see buff to his frontal slightly,but that s all :-)
14 May 2016, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 08:39 AMiceman
Tigers are not what they used to be.

1. MAKE TIGER GREAT AGAIN!
2. ???
3. PROFIT!
4. WEHRMACHT IS GREAT AGAIN!
14 May 2016, 12:10 PM

In real life the Panther outclassed the Tiger and was a much more versatile tank.

the tigers had still much more effective ace crews than the panthers had.
simple math: tiger > panther :luvDerp:
14 May 2016, 12:13 PM

but jokes aside, i still love the tiger. its still somewhat similar to what it was used to be in RL. a breakthrough tank. support it with 2 panzer 4 and you shall slay all infantry, and reck up some tanks with pak 40 support (especially with the stun shot ability)
14 May 2016, 12:16 PM

Didn't we have a thread like this last week? And another one before that, and another before that?

Use the Search feature before starting threads please.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★