Login

russian armor

The mortar pit solutions suggested by the fans

13 May 2016, 04:10 AM

I'm one of those players that like to play Brits aggressively cause why not? Strong main-line infantry, just move them from cover to cover and you are gold! Why bother sit back like a bunch of pussies!? That's why I would trade the pit for the normal one everyday!
13 May 2016, 04:28 AM

My suggestion about it is connected with full reworking of UKF artillery. Make for UKF mortar lesser range of fire and damage by hit. Make in Royal Artillery doctrine passive ability "supercharge rounds for 25s and mortars", which will give them back thier today power.

With that for players, who play as UKF offenisvely will get mortar, which they will have to use offensively - put closer and risk more. For those, who want to play on support-deffensive they may take Royal Arty and use mortar pits with normal QF 25s and such stuff.
13 May 2016, 05:07 AM

Get rid of emplacements altogether, nobody like it in vCOH and Relic still like to stick with it.
13 May 2016, 06:30 AM

remove brace and rate of fire
13 May 2016, 06:57 AM

I voted for muni cost on brace, but I feel that ignores the thing that makes brace so good- and thats reducing damage while maintaining no bleed. I maintain that it should inflict a manpower penalty while active (and stack) exactly like Soviet crew repair does (but... On manpower)
13 May 2016, 09:16 AM

Tax payers can't spell m-o-r-t-a-r correctly and write it motor? Since when? Also, what alien technology are you talking about, missing your meds for a few days or something?

Some axis players seem to think that bracing (like infantry in entrenched positions actually did when under fire in WW2) is somehow mystic and alien.

Just another day with an emplacement whine thread really. Hence why it's about how to change something that's pretty fine overall. It seems people won't be happy until it's trivially countered and about as useful as the current Sexton.
13 May 2016, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 19:38 PMDoggo
Removing brace without doing anything is going to leave the british forces with no non-doctrinal bombardment options, apart from the 25 Pounders who can't kill anything and are slow to react. They would at the minimum need a HP and defence boost.

What I'd prefer is to make the Pit itself a defence with no inbuilt weapon, but the ability to deploy any on-the-field Support Weapon in it. The Pit can't be decrewed and takes damage before the support weapon does. Finally, add a Mortar. THEN Brace can be removed.

I love the UKF faction but this is a brilliant idea. It would be so much more flexible too.

13 May 2016, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 09:16 AMtenid

Some axis players seem to think that bracing (like infantry in entrenched positions actually did when under fire in WW2) is somehow mystic and alien.

Just another day with an emplacement whine thread really. Hence why it's about how to change something that's pretty fine overall. It seems people won't be happy until it's trivially countered and about as useful as the current Sexton.

You can say that I also classified as an OKW fanboy before the Brits since they were the only Army that I felt suited me but hell, that's just taking it too far if you ask me, whining about everything else. The only thing I whined about was the lack of a non doc MG but that's it, and maybe a few tweaks here and there but never did I encounter something on the other side that uncounterable or not fun, yeah alright there's the emplacements but I kinda like a bit of a static trench wayfare from time to time as well, brings back that nostalgic CoH feel as well as the feeling of WW1.
13 May 2016, 11:05 AM

There are some on these fourms who constantly look out for others words, I feel sorry for those people. Especially those who thinks it shows intelligence to auto correct others words on a video game fourm. Let me guess, your dad can beat my dad up too?

See what I did there? I used intelligence. Oh gawddd
13 May 2016, 11:35 AM

Alien like technology as in brace, as in trenches that can't me manned yet OH trenches can. Hmmmm...

Please don't start this again......The UKF pays for their trench. That is why enemy units cannot enter it.
13 May 2016, 11:39 AM

Okw flak base with double leig is way worse if you ask me.

exactly
13 May 2016, 11:43 AM

13 May 2016, 11:56 AM

said the guy with 0 OKW games

Because people complaining the most here have hundreds of games as brits...

Oh wait, most of them haven't even played a single 4v4 as brits, let alone any competitive mode as their PCs state.
13 May 2016, 12:39 PM

Some of us care to re read our text some of us dont. And I dont. So here n there I miss a word due to auto correct on my phone silly.

Alien like technology as in brace, as in trenches that can't me manned yet OH trenches can. Hmmmm...

I never had someone on my nuts like you. I knew your name looked familiar

Ah, I got auto correct as well but don't have your problems, maybe the user input has more fault here but whatever.

Also yeah, I'd probably need a microscope to see them but take me as an extreme Axis (OKW in your case) fanboy hunter, I try thinking of ways to embarrass you so you stop actually posting bull.
13 May 2016, 14:03 PM

said the guy with 0 OKW games

lel u are a terrible liar.. not 0 but maybe 20 i guess B-)
13 May 2016, 14:46 PM

I dont know if in the preview mod the barrage ability has been removed or not. Thats the only thing i have problem with... the rest is fine.. including the brace.

Its a stationary pit, it feels really expensive too... needs somekind of protection.

To be fair, i would add brace for PAK43 too.. because it suffers for the exact same problems that the pit would have if brace removed.
13 May 2016, 15:26 PM

I love this that emplacemnts take no micro. To actually beat two liegs you have to have two mortar pits and go royal engineer doctrine most of the time and then it can be tricky. You have to constantly use the barrage ability or attack ground on the liegs why microing your infantry/vehicles. People who are not dumbasses will move the liegs around and not put them right next to each other (like most morons do).

Any good player can counter them there is a million options/combinations to counter emplacements. Just because I am smart enough not to brace when the stuka bombards because I see that it was probably just to get me to brace so they can rush volks in or what have you. The trick is to just rush them with everything you have before they get vet 3 then they get a huge durability bonus. You take them out early its probably gg for them you just have to think out of the box other than wondering why my volks with shreks and incendiary nades can't win the war all by themselves.
13 May 2016, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 23:59 PMGrittle

2 Mortars (520 Manpower, more mobility)

1 Mortar Halftrack (240 manpower, 30 fuel? More Mobility)

Panzerwerfer (300 Manpower, 85 fuel?, more Mobility)

Walking Stuka (300 manpower, 100 Fuel?, more mobility)

Any type of fire damage (Between 30 munitions and the flame hezter)

2 Support Guns (~600 Manpower, some mobility)

Jagdtiger (Overkill but long range, but 700 Manpower, 280 Fuel?, can also kill tanks)

Many Off map arty/abilities (Various costs in munitions)

That is alot of counters, and I bet there's more.

Yeah and now read again what I wrote, I think i'm running out of crayons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★