Login

russian armor

The mortar pit solutions suggested by the fans

How to fix this unit without hindering or nerfing brits sole indirect option?
Option Distribution Votes
1%
15%
10%
0%
18%
4%
1%
3%
8%
39%
Total votes: 99
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 May 2016, 18:23 PM

Permanently Banned
IF we ask every CoH2 player "what is the most frustrating and broken thing that you are facing currently?" He will immediately say it is the Mpit. Why? Because you can hide it behind a building and vickers and then kill Ostheer. And there hasn't been any response by relic so far, aside from changing the brace slightly. Let's discuss to see how it could undergo some changes while still retaining the brits "flavor".
12 May 2016, 18:40 PM

If your opponent has build a mortar pit behind a building then all you need to do is get a flamer pioneer squad in that building and you win.
12 May 2016, 18:47 PM

If your opponent has build a mortar pit behind a building then all you need to do is get a flamer pioneer squad in that building and you win.

Did you skip the part of the text about the vickers (or bofors) in front of the mortar pit because you think they would stop you pretty quick along with any other infantry in the area and even if you get into the building its gotta take a lot of time to burn it down with its brace.
12 May 2016, 19:38 PM

Removing brace without doing anything is going to leave the british forces with no non-doctrinal bombardment options, apart from the 25 Pounders who can't kill anything and are slow to react. They would at the minimum need a HP and defence boost.

What I'd prefer is to make the Pit itself a defence with no inbuilt weapon, but the ability to deploy any on-the-field Support Weapon in it. The Pit can't be decrewed and takes damage before the support weapon does. Finally, add a Mortar. THEN Brace can be removed.
12 May 2016, 19:43 PM

Why can't we just leave it alone? Spread out your forces, build another wermact mortar, and don't blob attack it head on.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 19:38 PMDoggo
Removing brace without doing anything is going to leave the british forces with no non-doctrinal bombardment options, apart from the 25 Pounders who can't kill anything and are slow to react. They would at the minimum need a HP and defence boost.

What I'd prefer is to make the Pit itself a defence with no inbuilt weapon, but the ability to deploy any on-the-field Support Weapon in it. The Pit can't be decrewed and takes damage before the support weapon does. Finally, add a Mortar. THEN Brace can be removed.

+1 me thoughts exactly...thats how the British MG emplacement in the game works and its great

Well, either I'm not a CoH2 player, or I'm a liar, because I wouldn't say the mortar pit is the most frustrating and broken thing I am currently facing.
12 May 2016, 20:35 PM

I might consider a nerf but then i think about how you need a mortar pit to help bleed those volks blobs and super aggressive mg42s. Also. The pit only gets good when you sink another 250 mp into a reinforcement point to buff it. So thats like 650 mp in stationary defenses.

Okw flak base with double leig is way worse if you ask me.
12 May 2016, 20:55 PM

None of these suggestions (in OP) really work, since the MPit will become completely useless. The point is to make it less "set and forget", and more skill oriented.

My suggestion from a "patch wish-list" thread:
Brit Mortar Emplacement
Auto-fire attack damage bug fixed (iirc 2nd mortar does far less damage than 1st)
Auto-fire range reduced to match normal mortars; barrage keeps current range. This reduces the ability to "set and forget" this unit, and stops it from auto-attacking everything on smaller maps.

You could even reduce it's auto-fire to less than normal mortars, since it has the brace/HP advantage; and you could still manually barrage further...
12 May 2016, 21:20 PM

Did you skip the part of the text about the vickers (or bofors) in front of the mortar pit because you think they would stop you pretty quick along with any other infantry in the area and even if you get into the building its gotta take a lot of time to burn it down with its brace.

To counter combined arms, one must use combined arms.

If there is a building with a vickers in it and a mortar pit behind it, you could consider tactics such as dropping smoke using a mortar to nullify the vickers while you close in with flamer pioneers.
12 May 2016, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

Why there is no "increase pop" option?
12 May 2016, 22:54 PM

Really this topic again do we have to list the million counters/strategies again on how emplacements can be destroyed.
12 May 2016, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 22:54 PMRocket
Really this topic again do we have to list the million counters/strategies again on how emplacements can be destroyed.

Everything in the game can be destroyed, countered etc.

Doesn't mean it's feasible or balanced.
12 May 2016, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 23:43 PMDomine

Everything in the game can be destroyed, countered etc.

Doesn't mean it's feasible or balanced.

2 Mortars (520 Manpower, more mobility)

1 Mortar Halftrack (240 manpower, 30 fuel? More Mobility)

Panzerwerfer (300 Manpower, 85 fuel?, more Mobility)

Walking Stuka (300 manpower, 100 Fuel?, more mobility)

Any type of fire damage (Between 30 munitions and the flame hezter)

2 Support Guns (~600 Manpower, some mobility)

Jagdtiger (Overkill but long range, but 700 Manpower, 280 Fuel?, can also kill tanks)

Many Off map arty/abilities (Various costs in munitions)

That is alot of counters, and I bet there's more.
13 May 2016, 00:25 AM

Its not really a huge issue now that counterbarrage is no longer absurd. If it did need one though, increase the scatter on autofire, make the barrage retain the current scatter values so it has to micro for counter-fire.
13 May 2016, 02:47 AM

Mortar pits make sim city the problem it is because instead of emplacements being a resource sink that denies one small and avoidable part of the map, the ridiculous range (combined with decent firepower) of mortar pits turns them into effective micro-less offensive units over most of the map in 1v1 and 2v2.

This means that the opponent has little or no choice but to send their units into the emplacements to try and kill the damn thing, almost certainly losing far more than the pit is worth thanks to the bofors.
13 May 2016, 02:57 AM

One of the more stupid replies iv seen from you..

Don't forget that he can simply press a button for alien like technology giving ample time to flush out that pio squad... Oh and normally there is a vickers in that building that's in question
13 May 2016, 03:05 AM

I see average 2800 players on. (Weekdays around 5pm Pacific time)

As axis, it takes a long time to find a game, iv never had problems before, even when they changed the search priority.

It's no doubt. Emplacements are a cancer, and it's reached terminal. Next month it will spike after the patch yes, but soon after that it will go back down. Month after month that player count will go down and down

No units should have alien technology with a push of a button
No pits should have passwords to them
Simple.
Make the motor pits decrewable again, remove brace. So the micro free strats go away.

The amount of effort to defeat a bofers and a motor pit is insane.. and when you finally do. Your not met with relief, like you should be

I'm talking 2v2 here people..
13 May 2016, 03:28 AM

If anything should be done about brace it would be to decrease the bonus it gets for dmg taken. RN its 25%... 50 would be better imo
13 May 2016, 04:09 AM

I'm one of those players that like to play Brits aggressively cause why not? Strong main-line infantry, just move them from cover to cover and you are gold! Why bother sit back like a bunch of pussies!? That's why I would trade the pit for the normal one everyday!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★