Login

russian armor

Buff for storm officer (OKW)

7 May 2016, 15:57 PM

hey guys,

I think that the storm officer in the jagdtiger-doctrineokwokw needs a serious buff. I mean, every officer of the Americansalliesallies or whatever has a vet system (even the major!), why not the storm officer?:mellow: Also it is the only officer which causes the retreat of the troops if he dies, I understand it because he is kinda strong but it is underpowered for the price because no vet and that he is causing retreat by dying. Think about it. RELIC PLEASE!

7 May 2016, 16:14 PM

It gives constantly accuracy buff and has few pretty useful abilities. He worth he's money right now, actually. Not sure, that he needs to be buffed or nerfed.

Btw, I think we should get Commissar squad first, before we can discuss about buff or nerf of other officiers.
7 May 2016, 16:23 PM

It gives constantly accuracy buff and has few pretty useful abilities. He worth he's money right now, actually. Not sure, that he needs to be buffed or nerfed.

Btw, I think we should get Commissar squad first, before we can discuss about buff or nerf of other officiers.

The accuracy buff has little to no effect on OKW units cause they have already high accuracy.
And the abilities are near useless/very situational, one of them doesn't event work properly.

Until relic fixes this unit don't build/bother with it. ( which means never :lolol:)
7 May 2016, 16:26 PM

well, its good enough now, 1CP obers op
7 May 2016, 16:34 PM
Donator 33

The accuracy buff has little to no effect on OKW units cause they have already high accuracy.

I don't quite get that point. Doesn't a unit with high base accuracy benefit more from a percentual buff than a unit with lower base accuracy?

Volks, for example, have a base accuracy value of 0.68 at max range. AFAIK the storm officer buffs accuracy by 11%. So, 0.68 x 1,11 = 0.75. That's 7% more accuracy.

Conscripts have 0.54 accuracy at max range. 0.54 x 1.11 = 0.60. An increase of 6%.

The difference is kinda small but units with high accuracy values definitely benefit more from such a buff than units with low values.

7 May 2016, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 15:57 PMThoris
hey guys,

I think that the storm officer in the jagdtiger-doctrineokwokw needs a serious buff. I mean, every officer of the Americansalliesallies or whatever has a vet system (even the major!), why not the storm officer?:mellow: Also it is the only officer which causes the retreat of the troops if he dies, I understand it because he is kinda strong but it is underpowered for the price because no vet and that he is causing retreat by dying. Think about it. RELIC PLEASE!

It's a very big double-edged sword. I'd agree with the accuracy bonus being increased slightly just to compensate a bit for the instant retreat, but otherwise, it's a good unit that requires good management to make sure that it doesn't cause an instant retreat of an infantry assault (ex. don't put him on the front lines, but instead slightly behind the infantry force).
7 May 2016, 16:54 PM

When every aura unit and ability is getting a nerf, there comes a clueless lowbie who demands buffs.

Why not sturmofficer you ask?
Because its NOT combat unit, its powerful buffbot with firepower of 3 ober models thats why.
7 May 2016, 16:56 PM

Except it matters a lot when enemies are in cover or have received accuracy buffs due to vet, which they pretty much always are. The officers aura buff only has very little effect when you are fighting vet 0 conscripts squads out in the open or other infantry in red cover.
7 May 2016, 16:56 PM

He's fine now, like Ultrek said he's a 1 CP Ober Squad. I find his accuracy buff to be noticeable as well... long as you micro him to any degree and keep him screened he's effective.

Besides, some OKW players will use him exclusively to blob... it's easy enough to counter but it's still very obnoxious to play against and for that reason alone I'm hesitant to buff him at all and promote that.
7 May 2016, 17:10 PM

This makes me laugh cause only people I see using him throw him in a massive fusilier blob and try to abuse the on-the-move accuracy of the G43 coupled with the aura buff. This of course fails when you kill the officer and everything retreats, but always leaves me shaking my head anyway. The officer is actually pretty useful if carefully placed, he does not need a buff.
7 May 2016, 17:27 PM

The officer is not used competitively.
7 May 2016, 17:35 PM

The officer is not used competitively.

The whole doctrine isn't.
Competitively you have falls, scavenge and spec ops only.

That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.
Many valid commanders aren't used competitively, because its not how meta developed.
7 May 2016, 17:37 PM
Donator 11

And the abilities are near useless/very situational, one of them doesn't event work properly.

Until relic fixes this unit don't build/bother with it. ( which means never :lolol:)

So this vet3 allied infantry buff so many players whined to remove is not a problem any more? The offizer is exactly the counter you need for it. And if you keep it behind main blob it won't get shot.
7 May 2016, 17:45 PM

officer can have a reduction in popcap i guess
7 May 2016, 17:55 PM

I don't quite get that point. Doesn't a unit with high base accuracy benefit more from a percentual buff than a unit with lower base accuracy?

Volks, for example, have a base accuracy value of 0.68 at max range. AFAIK the storm officer buffs accuracy by 11%. So, 0.68 x 1,11 = 0.75. That's 7% more accuracy.

Conscripts have 0.54 accuracy at max range. 0.54 x 1.11 = 0.60. An increase of 6%.

The difference is kinda small but units with high accuracy values definitely benefit more from such a buff than units with low values.

there is even a bulletin of +2% buff to offizier's aura. x3 and 17% and that's huge! But isnt it 20% aura?
7 May 2016, 18:02 PM

Isn't this unit supposed to be vet 10 veteran of many battles since 1914 from start?
7 May 2016, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 18:02 PMNEVEC
Isn't this unit supposed to be vet 10 veteran of many battles since 1914 from start?

Probably, but he still can die.
7 May 2016, 19:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nah, that's the targeted accuracy ability on a enemy unit which is an additive +0.5 accuracy boost, which is largely redundant on units out of cover due to, as mentioned, the already high base accuracy of OKW units.

The aura alone won't put OKW units to 100% accuracy against units out of cover and so works fine without any diminished returns.
7 May 2016, 19:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Meh, i feel like it's just lazy job of not giving it a proper veterancy.

Nerf vet0 aura and make it scale with vet levels. At some vet level, consequences of officer dying could be changed to pinned/suppressed instead of retreat.

7 May 2016, 20:03 PM
Donator 33

there is even a bulletin of +2% buff to offizier's aura. x3 and 17% and that's huge! But isnt it 20% aura?

There's a bulletin, yes. And no, the default aura is not 20%. It's defintely not higher than 13%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS