Login

russian armor

Buff for storm officer (OKW)

8 May 2016, 08:40 AM

OKW and other units should be able to gain veterancy. Its aura buff should improve with veterancy similar to Command Panther. Then it would be allot easier to balance the unit.
In addition the player would get a choice of either keeping the low aura and not risk his officer or actually risk him in the front line to improve it.
8 May 2016, 09:51 AM

If the unit gets veterancy, it should get veterancy from near by units fighting. Because the unit it self isn't supposed to be in front line fighting.
8 May 2016, 09:53 AM

If the unit gets veterancy, it should get veterancy from near by units fighting. Because the unit it self isn't supposed to be in front line fighting.

I don't actually agree, auras that improves with veterancy should be risk reward. The player should either be content with the current aura and not risk hit unit or risk his unit for better bonuses.

I would rather see the PZIV aura work the same way...
8 May 2016, 10:44 AM

Why arguing over the Sturmoffizier (which is in a good state imo) when artillery officer cries in the corner?
8 May 2016, 13:49 PM

So first I want to say, I don't use him that much because he han't that much of an efffect and I am also not putting him directly into the frontline because of the insta retreat. I am also not saying to remove the insta retreat but asking for a simple vet system to buff his aura or the officer himself. I mean every command unit has a veterancy, why not this one, I don't get yor thoughts there.
8 May 2016, 18:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 13:49 PMThoris
So first I want to say, I don't use him that much because he han't that much of an efffect and I am also not putting him directly into the frontline because of the insta retreat. I am also not saying to remove the insta retreat but asking for a simple vet system to buff his aura or the officer himself. I mean every command unit has a veterancy, why not this one, I don't get yor thoughts there.

Because the other command units don't get a bunch of your infantry to retreat when a 80 health model dies.

So I'm seconding Airborne.
8 May 2016, 20:04 PM

The changes proposed to the Sturmofficer will not make a difference. I mean, removing the retreat thing might be a cool quality of life change, but in the end this unit will not rise from the tales of never-used

With veterancy for the OKW officer I'd be careful.
8 May 2016, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 20:04 PMDomine
The changes proposed to the Sturmofficer will not make a difference. I mean, removing the retreat thing might be a cool quality of life change, but in the end this unit will not rise from the tales of never-used

With veterancy for the OKW officer I'd be careful.

Why especially?
8 May 2016, 22:21 PM

The accuracy buff has little to no effect on OKW units cause they have already high accuracy.
And the abilities are near useless/very situational, one of them doesn't event work properly.

Until relic fixes this unit don't build/bother with it. ( which means never :lolol:)
it has no effect cuz there accuracy to high? lol
8 May 2016, 22:49 PM

Put the storm Offizier into a building and let the obers shoot and let him buff your surrounding troops. Good survivability and buff. Done it multiple times and then you have the possibility to wreck people.
8 May 2016, 23:29 PM

no buff needed, its fine
9 May 2016, 00:11 AM

Put the storm Offizier into a building and let the obers shoot and let him buff your surrounding troops. Good survivability and buff. Done it multiple times and then you have the possibility to wreck people.

+1. It always shit me that he has to be on the field in order for the bonuses to apply
9 May 2016, 03:56 AM

Give it 5 vet level like all other OKW unit.

That is the only thing it needs.
nee
9 May 2016, 09:43 AM

I'd rather have it nerfed down a few notches, with the veterancy levels slowly making it as potent as it is now (or more)? Having one of his abilities be a vet1 unlock would also help even it out.
The unit's early unlock and relatively cheap cost means it's a no-brainer unit but also one with relatively little micromanagement requirements. Yes you bleed manpower if you keep losing it and yes surrounding units retreat when the officer dies, but an iota of micro alongside other units and sticking it into surrounding buildings (or trench) prevents both from happening. Nerfing it also means you don't get an early Ober unit accumulate impressing number of kills but having nothing to show for it, it is not like it's a non-combat unit like medics or IR halftrack.
9 May 2016, 09:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2016, 09:43 AMnee
I'd rather have it nerfed down a few notches, with the veterancy levels slowly making it as potent as it is now (or more)? Having one of his abilities be a vet1 unlock would also help even it out.
The unit's early unlock and relatively cheap cost means it's a no-brainer unit but also one with relatively little micromanagement requirements. Yes you bleed manpower if you keep losing it and yes surrounding units retreat when the officer dies, but an iota of micro alongside other units and sticking it into surrounding buildings (or trench) prevents both from happening. Nerfing it also means you don't get an early Ober unit accumulate impressing number of kills but having nothing to show for it, it is not like it's a non-combat unit like medics or IR halftrack.

Vet coming should not equate a massive nerf that gimps it until vet 5 IMO.

It should be toned down a bit, but not to the point where vets merely bring it back to "usefulness".
9 May 2016, 09:55 AM

Does the sturm officers get affected by his own aura like Ostheer Command tank? would be fun do use it with 3x 2% accuracy bulletin
9 May 2016, 09:58 AM

Does the sturm officers get affected by his own aura like Ostheer Command tank? would be fun do use it with 3x 2% accuracy bulletin

nope he dont =(
9 May 2016, 14:52 PM

Meh, i feel like it's just lazy job of not giving it a proper veterancy.

Nerf vet0 aura and make it scale with vet levels. At some vet level, consequences of officer dying could be changed to pinned/suppressed instead of retreat.

I agree, and I like this idea. The unit should have vet because that is how COH plays.

I will say though that in team games this unit is quite effective. The commander is very potent, and the ability to buff allied units (mortars, MGs, etc.) at little to no risk is pretty good. If anything it encourages blobbing because you want to stay close to get the buffs.
9 May 2016, 15:57 PM

Maybe we should buff that Artillery officer...
10 May 2016, 05:15 AM

I think he is fine.

You can use the commander as an aggressive play style to take key areas then sandbag up and put him slightly behind everyone else to give good defensive edge. I liked keeping two obers with him late game to really mince advancing infantry to get Ober Vet up quick to counter bars/lmgs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment