They have 3 weapon slots so yes.
11 May 2016, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2016, 01:43 AMGumboot

They have 3 weapon slots so yes.

>: )
11 May 2016, 03:39 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 16:04 PMRocket

In 4v4 before I saw a guy take 3x rangers with 3x zooks each, it was pretty hilarious they could one volley panthers at once.

They actually can't. Bazookas do 80 damage on a penetration. 3 Rangers with 3 bazookas each make a total of 9 bazookas, with 9*80 = 720. Panthers have 800HP. This is also ignoring the fact that Panthers have a front armor of 320 vs. a bazooka's penetration value of ~120.

Basic math people, use it wisely.
11 May 2016, 03:41 AM

Yup, if they had 2 zooks each and picked up a couple of schreks though and caught it out of position and flanked it... now we are talking.
11 May 2016, 06:55 AM

Basic math people, use it wisely.

Math, meth, no difference for some people when they make calculations :romeoHype:
11 May 2016, 06:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2016, 06:55 AMKatitof

Math, meth, no difference for some people when they make calculations :romeoHype:

Not even once.
13 May 2016, 16:41 PM

Ok he couldn't really one volley them but almost he also had rifles in his blob that might of had zooks too but he basicly took out the panther on approach before it could even reverse away. He was a one man axis tank wrecking crew which something like that can only work in 4v4. USF version of volk blob.
13 May 2016, 20:14 PM

Thats why everyone should have access to demo charges... Blobbing would 110% be done
13 May 2016, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 16:41 PMRocket
Ok he couldn't really one volley them but almost he also had rifles in his blob that might of had zooks too but he basicly took out the panther on approach before it could even reverse away. He was a one man axis tank wrecking crew which something like that can only work in 4v4. USF version of volk blob.

If a player goes with 3 zooks on rangers you should thank them. Not only are they very vulnerable to weapon drops, but they are also not going to have any respectable AI power, which is what I find them good at. On top of that if a Panther is letting rangers close that's its own fault. It is both faster, has longer range, and nice frontal armor to deflect occasional shots. Also Rangers ain't cheap to reinforce.

If you find yourself fighting large blobs of heavy AT infantry then get MGs you have no reason not to. Feel free to get 2 or more to really put the hurt on them. Or if you feel like your micro is up to it, get a sniper or two and start the bleed. Or if you see he has lots of infantry maybe you should not be getting Panthers. Panthers have a very specific job, they are not generalist tanks.

Zooks feel fine to me.
15 May 2016, 18:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Strategic Gameplay:

and

running back to mabulance, after wrecking the PIV:

Is that range normal? What the hell.
15 May 2016, 21:21 PM

axis player complaining about handheld AT?

15 May 2016, 21:27 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Strategic Gameplay:

If you squint at it just right, you can almost see a Sherman.
15 May 2016, 21:28 PM

Eh maybe i could see the argument if the weapon was performing much btter then it is now, but seeing it only causes about 66% of damage of a panzer shreck about roughly around 1/3 chance of pentration its honestly a non issue
15 May 2016, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 21:21 PMArclyte

I'm quite sure its not axis player, but walking bucket of tears judging by the QQ threads/day ratio.
Whops, confused OP with falsealarm :romeoHype:
16 May 2016, 09:11 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 21:21 PMArclyte

who are you reffering to? because im playing as much allies as axis

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 22:23 PMKatitof

I'm quite sure its not axis player, but walking bucket of tears judging by the QQ threads/day ratio.
Whops, confuse
d OP with falsealarm :romeoHype:

I'm quite sure its not pro player, but walking bucket of useless posts judging by the quality posts/day
Whops, confused poster with Katiof :romeoHype:
and playercard pls!

on a sidenote: i tested zooks vs panther and tiger some days ago with a buddy in a custom and amassed, they are quite deadly, especially when sightblokers enable you to come close

16 May 2016, 15:28 PM
Donator 11

Zooks are fine, their low pen means the basically 1/3 rounds will pen. If you lose to zook riflemen invest bleeds such as snipers, arty, or HMGs to reduce their accuracy.

Also, the changes to captain alone means you wont see a counter to the 222 as soon as it hits the field as well as one less zook on the field.
16 May 2016, 20:15 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Paintjob, people have bad threads every once in a while. I know I have. I honestly don't think that many people agree with you and things are getting a little heated. I think you have handled things with relative kindness up until now, so I wouldn't put you on my fartlist. I just hope you find a way out of the shitpost spiral of death before the thread dies.
16 May 2016, 21:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2016, 20:15 PMwouren
Paintjob, people have bad threads every once in a while. I know I have. I honestly don't think that many people agree with you and things are getting a little heated. I think you have handled things with relative kindness up until now, so I wouldn't put you on my fartlist. I just hope you find a way out of the shitpost spiral of death before the thread dies.

well, i admit that this thread is going the wrong way and that my last post was a little on the ironic side and not helpfull :D
but im still not a 100% convinced. zooks are fine at long range when kiting, but on a map with a lot of sightblockers (and there are quite a bit) i think they are a little too strong (a LITTLE). i tested it with my buddy and the damage is not bad actually. additionally you can also atnade the tank then, which means that it cant kite anymore. last but not least, with the incredibly short reload of 3 seconds, it is then actually quite potent (we tested with 7 zooks, which still leaves room for some BARs, so that you still have god AI).
now, i know that counters to a rifleblob exist in the WM arsenal, but i feel that all those counters are extremely bad on city/cqc maps (especially sniper/hmg). maybe its just bad mapbalance

just another example: the zook in vcoh had the same chance to penetrate a pz4 w skirts (0.337) at short range as it has in coh2 to penetrate a tiger from far (0.366). on top it had almost triple the reload time. now i know that zooks in vcoh were shit and only usable against the puma, but meeting it in the middle, so that zooks are halfway effective against mediums but not against heavies might be good. (on a sidenote: does the tiger have less frontal armor than the panther. if i read it correctly, the panther has 320 while the tiger has only 300)
16 May 2016, 21:58 PM

Thats why everyone should have access to demo charges... Blobbing would 110% be done

If everyone had access to mines (with out a doctrine), blobbing wouldn't be as bad. Players would have to be more cautious or always have a sweeper. Right now, playing the odds, Axis armies don't really have to worry about blobbing into a mine.
16 May 2016, 22:35 PM

who are you reffering to? because im playing as much allies as axis

Than please make a thread about handheld AT beeing a little bit to spammable/strong. When playing both sides you should know that bazookas fall behind shrek in their average efficiency versus tanks. At least you have to sacrifice more AI, what makes them somehow more balanced (especially when handheld AT damage will be reduced to 25% versus infantry). Overall looking at PIAT/Shrek/Zook I think last one is the most balanced one. Yes, you can still argue, but please refer to all AT handheld weapons by doing so.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak