Login

russian armor

Relic: Week 1 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (10)down
5 May 2016, 20:27 PM

Eh, I think the Goliath change is pretty meaningless - any Sim City worth its salt is going to have a Bofors that'll make it impossible to have the slow ass Goliath close distance. If a Goliath can reach the Brit's emplacements then that generally means you've already got it countered barring some insane maneuver on your part to creep it in close. (Never mind that's its still in a pretty meh commander overall). It's a nice gesture though.

Simcity isn't that potent in 1v1, and in teamgames you can ask an Ostheer ally to cover the approach with smoke for your goliath. Could bring forth some interesting gameplay moments!
5 May 2016, 20:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

• On Me! no longer effects weapon teams.

THANK YOU!

No longer will using this make you look really silly with your weapon teams out of contact range running over to your Captain to crowd them with their big guns.
5 May 2016, 20:52 PM
Patrion 14

so when is the patach?
aaa
5 May 2016, 20:52 PM

Dont they feel that okw unit unlock is 33% cheaper than even su with worse units in general?

Developer Comments: Overall we like how the Penal Battalion is performing right now but we didnt really like seeing the upgrade package overtake the role of the Shock Troops. We are reverting the flamethrower upgrade changes on the Penal Battalion.

Right now means current patxh? Now they perform as a useless unit. Do that mean that it will be 300\150 mp squad with buffed slightly rifles for early game only?

Update: maybe if im getting this right - all changes stands except those listed. I like this chnages then long range unit with 1 flamer its good
5 May 2016, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 19:18 PMnigo
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/244608#Comment_244608

*Panzershreck upgrade package added to STpios

Wuuuuutt?! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
5 May 2016, 20:58 PM

thought this would please you of all people XD
5 May 2016, 21:05 PM

Anyone know how many shrecks sturmpios get? Is it just one or two like pzgrens?
5 May 2016, 21:06 PM

but where is the m-42 and valentine buff
5 May 2016, 21:08 PM

Mortar pits are toast. If the opponent goes for the pit first you can actually kill it now.

As for the Bofors: Distract the Bofors with a squad. Usually there are a lot of craters around you can hide in. I recall being very frustrated that my Goliaths didn´t kill emplacements when blowing up in their face before. So I must have gotten them there somehow.

I appreciate that they took a step in the right direction with this. At least now you know that the emplacements left without Bofors support go down quicker.

I never had a problem with getting rid of mortar pits on most maps. You can just walk up to them and chuck flame grenades in them, or even over a hedge or fence where they are usually badly placed.
5 May 2016, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 20:52 PMaaa
n Right now means current patxh? Now they perform as a useless unit. Do that mean that it will be 300\150 mp squad with buffed slightly rifles for early game only?i

leave please

It's nice. OKW doesn't have real option on spam tanks. it's only one schrek on very expensive unit so it should be nice
5 May 2016, 21:20 PM

It could be a good idea. Would make the shreck more niche instead of something that you would always get.
aaa
5 May 2016, 21:28 PM

I'm skeptical on the changes to the Penal flamethrower.

I don't see the overlap with Shocks given Shocks have armour, two kinds of grenades, and more SMGs while also being doctrinal.

This also means we could a return to a sort of Rifle flamer where the flamethrower smokes you out of cover then the regular firearms will pick you off at range. At east with PPshs you needed to close the distance or have another unit to support.

For me 3 ppsh for this fragile unit was an obnoxious idea. But svt buff if it still stands is definately a good. Flamer grade if its not removed is gonna scale them to mid-late game. With out allowing to get more than 1 squad in most games
For me this ass package was definately downgrade from just flamer since it negates long range dps.

If i get right what it is then its perfect penals now
5 May 2016, 21:33 PM

Rifles flamers were way more powerful than Penals will ever be.

Pinapples, smoke, snare, veterancy, no tier.
Penals will never become as effective as old Rifle flamers blob.

Good change. I really like semi-auto weapons.

I don't get tho why they reverted 280MP cost for T34/76
5 May 2016, 21:42 PM

It'll be ok so long as getting a Panzershreck is as big a liability as getting a PIAT. If not, OKW is gonna have the most access to tools among any faction in the Early game: Fausts, Panzershrecks, STG44, Flame Grenades, MG34, Rakken...

Not counting Doctrines either.

The nerf on the range of the Artillery grenade is doing nothing to make Base Howitzers viable.
5 May 2016, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 20:58 PMGrim

thought this would please you of all people XD

All you guys just won't get it, do you? Remember, I said it first:

You WILL REGRET the "shreck blob" times. You thought that "shreck blob" is the worst thing because you cannot spam your allied tanks being jalous on effective and good loocking german armor.

I am an axis fanboy, worst, an OKW fanboy but I want a fair fight.

Before, you had your early game. OKW had weaknesses - you could use riflemen, shocks, guards, commandos, and dominate the infantry battles because the tank battles were much to difficult to win. Guess what, now all your advantages are gone and transferred to OKW. STG volks are pushing rifles of the field and kill them on retreat. And rifles are your best core infantry. Hell, with special operations or scavange doctrine I will engage even a shocks squad with my stg volks head on! Later, you will have even smaler chances against OKW armor.

Faust + raketen were a fragile combo and that was your chance in the game, that moment when OKW had only these. Do you think you will be able to defeat faust + raketen + shreck with your available vehicles (mainly light and medium tanks) ?!

Through your complaints against the shreck blobs you made Reic operate these changes that are fantastic for me because I love OKW but are disastrous for balance, I am verry surprised none of you complained about the new volks! Are you sure you really tested the patch? Are you happy with the changes? Then is clear that you wanted OKW transform into even more noob friendly faction.
OKW has infinite posibilities and combos, because now the doctrines help even more. Did you see what panzerfusliers + stg volks + sturmoffitzier give, for instance? No? Then you should try it a bit. it will erase the smile on your faces.

Your only hope is, ironicaly, the thing you hated most: coming back to shreck upgrade on volks.
5 May 2016, 21:51 PM

Can you make such value for rear armor that if enemy just look at it vehicle will explode? Isn't it what "heavy armor" mean? Thank you.

Pure penals. All those "OP" shouts buried them like any sov buff. Don't you think maxim still OP? Scream louder, it should cost 600 MP!!! Cost effective!

Raketen need fire rate, not arc. You should check your stuff for dyslexia. But with new RE zookblobs pioshreks not necessary. Just undone unit as many others.

5 May 2016, 21:53 PM
Patrion 26

So now OKW can shrek blob again, but now with sturmpioneers. And heal faster at the medic truck - as well as being able to drop medic crates once they reach tier 1.
It sounds like the next stage of evolution for the ultimate blob.

Isn't this a case of making the same mistake all over again but with a different unit?!
5 May 2016, 21:57 PM

It would just be nice to give soviets non-doctrinal PPsHs in some way since it is such an iconic weapon.

hmg34 cost increase seems reasonable.

Lastly, I hope the sturmpios WILL NOT use their panzerschreck-specific voice lines... because those are "bugged" in that their voice changes in tone.
5 May 2016, 21:58 PM
Donator 33

So now OKW can shrek blob again, but now with sturmpioneers. And heal faster when they need to repair their blob?

Isn't this a case of making the same mistake all over again but with a different unit?

Sturms cost more, take more pop cap and have 4 men. People that blob them will bleed a lot. And Sturms with shrecks will suck vs infantry.
5 May 2016, 22:01 PM
Patrion 26

Sturms cost more, take more pop cap and have 4 men. People that blob them will bleed a lot. And Sturms with shrecks will suck vs infantry.

MP isn't a problem if all you are doing is blobbing, and up close sturms are going to be a lot more deadly than grens were. automatic weapons laugh in the face of bolt action rifles.

Time will tell, but I can see this leading to a superior all conquering terminator blob.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight