Login

russian armor

elite troops stun nade

5 May 2016, 08:52 AM

i read the preview balance changes and no mention of this being fixed nor has relic even attempted to fix the nade

im guessing they think its perfectly balanced that the stun nade negates retreating entirely and causes your units to be unable to move long after the stun debuff has wore out, making them free easy kills

of course the solution is to just dodge it right, so if even 1 model gets hit, tough luck on you
5 May 2016, 08:57 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 08:52 AMjugg
i read the preview balance changes and no mention of this being fixed nor has relic even attempted to fix the nade

im guessing they think its perfectly balanced that the stun nade negates retreating entirely and causes your units to be unable to move long after the stun debuff has wore out, making them free easy kills

of course the solution is to just dodge it right, so if even 1 model gets hit, tough luck on you

I've experienced the same, 2 grenadiers, the first grenadier stuns and the second just murders the stunned models with a rifle nade.. Retreating not an option. Fix plz?
5 May 2016, 11:00 AM

Have you tried not getting hit by the nade?
5 May 2016, 13:12 PM

Isn't this the role of... a stun grenade?
5 May 2016, 13:34 PM

Isn't this the role of... a stun grenade?

cancel retreat???? no, it is not.
5 May 2016, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 13:34 PMFul4n0

cancel retreat???? no, it is not.

That is what I am wondering about, maybe it was intended.
5 May 2016, 14:04 PM

Its not that it cancels retreat its that it will bug out your squads and prevent you from retreating long after the lightning bolt stun symbol wears off. It's a pretty well known bug (multiple threads on it have been created). I think its safe to assume that Relic will fix it during next Patch as they don't typically list bug fixes in Preview mods until the "List of Changes" that appears a week or so before the patch once everything is finalized.

I'm pretty sure the intended functioning of stun grenades is

1. Prevent retreat while stunned
2. Do NOT cancel retreat already in progress

Does anyone know if the Vet 3 Strumpio grenades are also bugged or is it just Elite Troops?
5 May 2016, 14:20 PM

Well, I've tried the war spoils open beta and the AI went Elite Troops. I've seen the grenadiers throwing the nade and retreated my fellow conscripts back to base. However the nade exploded 0,1 s after i retreated my squad and I think it hit a model. The conscripts retreated and at the base as soon as they arrived a text popped up over them saying "Stunned!" and lie down to the ground. It was really strange o.O
5 May 2016, 14:22 PM

Relic has already attempted to fix stun nades halting retreats. 1 or 2 patches ago they released a patch that addressed it yet apparently that fix bugged itself.
5 May 2016, 14:22 PM

Have you tried not getting hit by the nade?

If I could select my retreat path before I retreated then yes I could avoid getting hit by the stun nade while I am retreating.
5 May 2016, 14:23 PM

Relic has already attempted to fix stun nades halting retreats. 1 or 2 patches ago they released a patch that addressed it yet apparently that fix bugged itself.
5 May 2016, 16:34 PM
Patrion 27

yup. Unfortunately the person who used to help us with these kinds of things got fired so... OH WELL :foreveralone:
5 May 2016, 19:45 PM

Does anyone know if the Vet 3 Strumpio grenades are also bugged or is it just Elite Troops?

Yes they are. You can't retreat or move in like 30 seconds.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★