Login

russian armor

(preview mod) m8a1 scott

4 May 2016, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 18:18 PMBurts
Hint

The m8A1 was horribly ninja nerfed a few months ago. The AOE buffs only buff it to it's prenerf state.

The only buff to it is the 400 health, which IMO due to the increased cost for major is more than acceptable.

/thread
4 May 2016, 19:35 PM

You do realize that its USF stock equivalent to other factions rocket arty, right?
Why do you think T4 USF indirect fire unit should not perform well?

the scott is not the usf equivalent to rocket arty.

the USF equivalent of rocket arty is the major's artillery. Similarly, the UKF's equivalent to the rocket arty is the tommy arty.
4 May 2016, 19:47 PM

the scott is not the usf equivalent to rocket arty.

the USF equivalent of rocket arty is the major's artillery. Similarly, the UKF's equivalent to the rocket arty is the tommy arty.

True, though that applies only post patch.
4 May 2016, 19:56 PM

Fighting against and with Scott and it seems to be a good spot. I've never felt the Scott was wiping things left and right but more along consistent damage over time during engagements. Given it is in the MJR tier and its cost, it's in a fine spot. The HP buff is welcomed but is it possible to make it two shotted by enemy medium tanks and still not get one shotted by enemy paks and such? As any respectable USF player can reasonably escape with his Scotts from enemy vehicles with mine coverage, bazooka's and AT nade, or smoke.
4 May 2016, 20:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 18:18 PMBurts
Hint

The m8A1 was horribly ninja nerfed a few months ago. The AOE buffs only buff it to it's prenerf state.

The only buff to it is the 400 health, which IMO due to the increased cost for major is more than acceptable.

+1
4 May 2016, 20:53 PM

I don't see how the AOE buffs made it too powerful. It was to make the Scott actually be a tad more damaging outside of direct hits.

Let's look at the stats here for the Preview:

AOE Radius: 4

Damage: 100

AOE Mid: 2
AOE Far: 3

AOE Mid Modifier: .25
AOE Far Modifier: .10

While the drop-off is not as steep, the M8's profile still drops off incredibly harsh past 1m to 25 damage at 2m with a further drop-off to 10 at 3m and beyond.

If anything, upon reflecting on this, the M8 Scott should be modified where its OHK radius is smaller but its AOE is much higher at mid and far so it can cause more consistent and noticeable damage outside of direct hits.

the ability to deal noticeable damage outside of direct hit is what push the m8a1 over the line. The m8a1 fire pretty fast, allowing it to accumulate damage from those near hits.

at the least, the m8a1 should be more expensive. 260 mp 75 fuel is pretty cheap for what it offer. Turning into a "proper" t4 units also mean getting a "proper" t4 price. 280 mp 85 fuel should be a good price for it.
5 May 2016, 06:41 AM
Donator 11

This dude is trying to argue with THE Mr Smith. The one guy who's bias is so nonexistant its baffles me.

I think the Scott changes are needed. For how late it comes and comparing with other units such as the Kat,pwerf,ect. Its performance is warranted.

The damage might need reduced slightly by even still, you are paying 80 fuel for a tier 3.5 unit that is your late game anti infantry blob counter.

5 May 2016, 07:02 AM

i think it's fine. I haven't seen it take out more then 3 guys at once unless they were low on health. And it's terrible at hitting moving targets.

This thing should be on par with katys, and wherfers. It's already a ton more micro-intensive and vulnerable thanks to how it needs to consistently be close to the front. I can't see the damage/aoe going down unless it's range is increased a bit to make it fire more consistently with less risk because it's all it's pears are far less risky and can wipe entire armies.
5 May 2016, 07:35 AM

I don't understand the purpose of this unit ... it's supposed to be a Pack Howitzer on tracks, but why do I actually need that?

Long story short: the Scott is pointless and always will be.
5 May 2016, 14:33 PM

I don't understand the purpose of this unit ... it's supposed to be a Pack Howitzer on tracks, but why do I actually need that?

Mobile indirect fire that is imune to small arms fire. Asking why you need it is the same as asking why you need the mortar halftrack which isn't even immune to small arms fire.
aaa
5 May 2016, 14:49 PM

Mobile indirect fire that is imune to small arms fire. Asking why you need it is the same as asking why you need the mortar halftrack which isn't even immune to small arms fire.

Mortar truck is needed since itz better version of stock mortar thats all. Its insanely retarded and OP unit light version of OKW mortar.
Idk if scott>isg. If not its useless
5 May 2016, 15:44 PM

Banned
*2 Far AOE buffs would be understandable if we were dealing with 12 man volkgrenadiers with 4 shrecks.

But now? What were you thinking?!
5 May 2016, 15:48 PM

The whole reason why Scott was no where to be seen in the current meta is because of the shrek blobs. I think since the new mod has updated VGs with AI capabilities we will see more Scott game play. That being said, I think Scott will be very potent in late game against infantry.
5 May 2016, 17:03 PM

The Scott should provide highly mobile AI with artillery. It should be the go to when the Pak howie is at risk of being decrewed from indirects or the American player is seeing a heavy investment in Wehr T2 after purchasing T4. It was not useless when it initially came out, it was too good at drive by wipes through the FoW.

Scotts fit the American need for rapid light artillery support for advancing infantry pushes.
5 May 2016, 20:08 PM

Scott is very mobile light artillery support. It's very cost effective imho, but it lacked durability. Now it will be fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 7
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment