Login

russian armor

(may preview) jackson sight buff and veterancy bonus

1 May 2016, 09:17 AM

right now the jackson's increased native sight (45m) stack with its vet2. This means the jackson get a ~58meter sight radius at vet 2, allowing it to sight for itself.

This combination of sight and range is too powerful. Either the sight buff should be reverted, or the veterancy bonus should be removed.
1 May 2016, 09:27 AM

Command Panther - 55sight.
Vet 2 JPIV - 60 sight.

Just saying...
1 May 2016, 10:02 AM

Vet 2 JPIV - 60 sight.

Just saying...
Command Panther is a unique doctrinal tank (which you know) and JPIV uses cone-sight (which you also know). Besides, nobody was complaining about the performance of the Jackson anyways. It really didn't need a buff.
1 May 2016, 10:14 AM

Jackson needs the Range but the stacking is a bit too much, maybe change vet 2 but thats All, God forbid allies Have a good tank for once
1 May 2016, 10:55 AM

Jackson needs the Range but the stacking is a bit too much, maybe change vet 2 but thats All, God forbid allies Have a good tank for once
Allies already have good tanks. Now they will have better tanks throughout the game. Self spotting Jacksons, Buffed Fireflies and buffed SU-85s versus weaker German heavies. Mark my words. There is going to be no reason to go for German armor but Panzer IV. Typical nerf + buff bullshit Relic did every patch.
1 May 2016, 11:15 AM

Command Panther is a unique doctrinal tank (which you know) and JPIV uses cone-sight (which you also know). Besides, nobody was complaining about the performance of the Jackson anyways. It really didn't need a buff.

Also, the Jp4 doesnt 3 shot T3 Ostheer vehicles
aaa
1 May 2016, 11:24 AM

Also, the Jp4 doesnt 3 shot T3 Ostheer vehicles

That are spamable as shit on top of better oh economy (since they have 1-2squads advantage early = more map). Cheapest mediums in game to abuse that. I remeber game when there were 6 p4s and ostwinds before my single medium.

Few days ago there was a game there were full hp jackson failed to pen 99% dead KT and died to it. And this is the best AT unit available.
1 May 2016, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 11:24 AMaaa

That are spamable as shit on top of better oh economy (since they have 1-2squads advantage early = more map). Cheapest mediums in game to abuse that. I remeber game when there were 6 p4s and ostwinds before my single medium.
Dear fellow coh2 Player The Jackson cost Less than jp4 rotating turret better pen and the p4 cost more t34 and has less damage tan jack.......
Oh wait is AAA yea yea nerf German allyforlive (psss mod where is the ban)
1 May 2016, 11:40 AM

Vet 2 JPIV - 60 sight.

Just saying...

Command Panther is not a TD.
JP4 doesn't have turret and is not very mobile like Jackson is.
aaa
1 May 2016, 11:59 AM

Jackson is the anti-heavy unit.
Allied late game TDs are such a crap that is beyond any logic.
40-70 secs is needed for double su85 to kill KT. While they can be killed in 3-5 secs by anything.

Axis dont need good TDs since they dont face heavies most of the games but they have a lot of them.
1 May 2016, 12:01 PM

Allies already have good tanks. Now they will have better tanks throughout the game. Self spotting Jacksons, Buffed Fireflies and buffed SU-85s versus weaker German heavies. Mark my words. There is going to be no reason to go for German armor but Panzer IV. Typical nerf + buff bullshit Relic did every patch.

So I marked some of your words:

Its not exactly that they were buffed straight away, it is more like a rework.

If you take SU-85 it is a lot worse versus mediums now and will struggle to defend itself if attacked directly because of its lower ROF. You will need combined forces to protect it versus aggressive play.

Although it will shoot faster the Firefly is a similar case. It can't oneshoot mediums anymore. This was something many axis player postulated. Instead it has a 2,5 second snare plus 8 second blind. This means that a firefly on its own is worse because it lost its high alpha strike, its higer ROF wil not make up for that damage loss. Hell with 2x Firefly + 2x Tulip strike I could basically oneshot a Kingtiger! This was way too much and weird, so the change was needed. But if you combine the new Firefly with various AT-troops that can fire at the snared tank the firefly will be valuable addition to your tank force.

This means both tanks get better in combined forces and worse on their own, I personally appreciate changes that encourage combined play.
1 May 2016, 14:39 PM
Patrion 14

This means both tanks get better in combined forces and worse on their own, I personally appreciate changes that encourage combined play.
+1

Jackson is an open-topped vehicle and it makes sense for it, thematically, to have a larger sight radius than tanks. Balance-wise, maybe a self spotting turreted TD at vet2 would be a bit too much in the hands of any other faction. But considering that the US have no equivalent of Panthers or Kingtigers, no heavy tanks whatsoever (lol Pershing), no equivalent of Schrecks, and a rather inferior AT gun, maybe it's okay to cut their premiere tank destroyer unit some slack. I mean, the JP4 gets fucking CLOAK and huge sight, and and that is perfectly fine. But Jackson? Oh, no, see, it would be unbalanced because... turret. Really?

Incidentally, I expect this change to have less impact on AT work and more on increasing survivability against Schrecks (spotting Schreck squads from a larger distance) which is sorely needed.
1 May 2016, 14:43 PM

it works like one, considering you can two shot a jackson for 40muni

It's the most solid counter to heavies OKW have, the MG's and vets buffs are just the icing on the cake
1 May 2016, 14:45 PM

JPIV an CMD panther don't deal 200-240 damage and the latter is much more expensive.
1 May 2016, 14:45 PM

+10
1 May 2016, 14:48 PM

Also on the subject of sight range 222 spotting scopes, UC recon and vet T-70 provide game winning recon on certain maps like crossing.

In the grand scheme of things I think this matters very little for a vet 2 paper TD, it will have nothing on the above options
1 May 2016, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 11:59 AMaaa
Axis dont need good TDs since they dont face heavies most of the games but they have a lot of them.

Yes Axis doesn't need to destroy any tanks

Btw, Heavy Tanks:
Axis - 6 (KT, JT, Sturm, Tiger, Ele, TA)
Allies - 9 (Pershing, ISU, IS2, KV1, KV2, KV8, Churchill, Croc, AVRE)
1 May 2016, 14:58 PM

JP4 doesn't have turret and is not very mobile like Jackson is.

If CPV with insane "mark target" is not TD then what it is?

And JPIV has predator's camo so...
1 May 2016, 15:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes Axis doesn't need to destroy any tanks

Btw, Heavy Tanks:
Axis - 6 (KT, JT, Sturm, Tiger, Ele, TA)
Allies - 9 (Pershing, ISU, IS2, KV1, KV2, KV8, Churchill, Croc, AVRE)

If we call KV 1 & 8 heavies, the Panther is too because it has about the same armour as a KV-1 and same health as the KV8.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 14:48 PMRollo
Also on the subject of sight range 222 spotting scopes, UC recon and vet T-70 provide game winning recon on certain maps like crossing.

In the grand scheme of things I think this matters very little for a vet 2 paper TD, it will have nothing on the above options

How so when USF have none of those?
1 May 2016, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 15:17 PMVuther

How so when USF have none of those?

I think his point is that most factions have some kind of Recon that mitigates any LOS limits that their TDs might have, ergo a Vet 2 self-spotting Jackson isn't a big deal.

I haven't tried the new Jackson extensively myself - I imagine the best thing to do is compromise like relic did with the Tiger when it was buffed a while back - buff the Vet 0 LOS and reduce the Vet 2 bonus by a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
unknown 21
Germany 509
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %