Login

russian armor

The Essential Infantry Balance

30 Apr 2016, 13:32 PM

The goal of this topic is to propose some infantry changes,currently the meta is mostly blobbing of standard infantry with anti-infy firearms or with anti tank weaponry...leaving the so called elite pretty underwhelming and undesired.part reason being the elite being not so effective against already vetted mainline/standard infantry.ALthough the minaline infantry can be made a ai powerhouse only by only picking doctrinal weapons.
Also the goal is to scale some units late game better like conscripts,ass gren..etc and bring some of the units back in strategy that have fallen out of meta for some time.
Also these changes are according to current patch not balance preview mod.

ALLIES

USF

1) Assault Engineer Squad :

Bringing back the unit in the meta...almost nobody uses it nowadays..problem is poor late game scaling.
Additional bonuses added at vet 3 on top existing one

• VET 3 : Adds a 5th member,1.5 x repair speed.

2) Pathfinders and I&R pathfinders :

Pathfinders are pretty decent at what they do but also can have devastating ai power if they manged to pick up a lmg..but still late game perfomance leaves to be desired

• VET 3 : 20 % accuracy bonus changed to 40 % accuracy now.

3) Rangers and Paratroopers :

• Thompson upgrade cost reduced from 90 muni to 60 muni.
• browning lmg upgrade to 90 muni.
• Both have 8 popcap down from 10 popcap.

4) Rifleman :

The main problem by far in the game infantry balance wise is their extremely potent late game vet coupled with their large squad size and available arsenal of bar and m1919 makes them overpowered...even vet 3 obers have hard time against them and in some situation they outright beat them..not only the rifles are easy to blob and variety of tools like smoke and at grenade...they become all in one package excelling at everything..so players going for doctrinal elite units is very unlikely as they accomplish everything.. pretty much they can.also the initial reason from them getting buffed was them bleeding late game which were unfounded then and due to many changes to game since then it also holds true no more

• VET 3 : -20% received accuracy bonus changed to -40% reinforcment costs
OR

• VET 3 : removing the 30 % accuracy bonus while bumping the received accuracy bonus from 20 to 25 %.

5) Rear echelon :

Problem is the huge bazooka and bar blobs.

• Weapon slot from 2 to 1.
• Vet 3 : extra 50 % repair speed

6) Major :

• same changes as balance preview.

SOVIETS

1) Conscripts :

Goal is to improve their ai perfomance which would also translate to good late game performance due to their high received accuracy bonuses.

• NON-doctrinal assault package same one as doctrinal posh for 60 muni unlocked at T2.
• The doctrinal ppsh package replaced with dual dp light machine guns for conscripts costs 100 muni.

2) Guards and Shocktroops :

• Increased capping speed by 50 %.

3) Combat engineers :

Vanilla factions lacking in repair speed compared to WFA factions.

• VET 3 : additional 50 % repair speed

4) Penals :

According to many people penals are underperforming which they are but that can be also largely due to complaints being related to when penals did not benefited from their 60 % accuracy bonus...that being said they need some buffs but the buffs in balance are over the top clearly so we have to settle in middle ground :

• SVT accuracy to .7/.65/.45
• SVT damage from 8 to 10.
• Squad cost increased to 300 manpower from 270 manpower.
• "Tripwire Flare" changed to "To The Last Man!" This ability is a passive that increases the power of the squad as they lose members. Modifiers are +4% accuracy, -2% weapon cooldown and -3% received accuracy per member lost.
• Flamethrower package remains the same only flamethrower and same cost and also build time and reinforcement time is unchanged

UKF

1) Tommys :

While tommys fully upgraded vet 3 in covercan mostly defeat anything except vet 4 or 5 obers...many users can find it a bit powerful but taking into account their poor moving perfomance and lack of long to medium range eilte units i think they are fine as they are now.
But they get constant ocver bonus late game due to being there a lots of yellow cover

• Optional : perhaps a little nerf to cover bonus in yellow cover

2) Royal engineers :

To cure the piat blobs

• Weapon slot from 2 to 1.
• Piat deflection dmg from 66% to 50 %.

AXIS

General

Right now the axis infantry are the ones with most bleed late game ..the recent changes to coaxial dmg boosts to aec,t34/76,allies usually having better full squad wipe machine tools,and General surviablility issues due to being a low number squads and being hugely vunerable to anything with aoe...due to recent changes to aoe by relic.

• Fix squad spacing for all the low squads make them spread out even in cover tommys squad spacing is much better in this regard.

OSHTEER

1) Grenadiers :

If the rifle changes are to go in hand then grens are fine where they are..although they can use a boost in late game perfomance.

• Optional vet 3 cooldown bonus from -20% to -25 %
BUt imo i m leaning towards letting them unchanged

2) Panzergrenadiers :

These squad clump up the second most...and they are usually quite underwhelming for their price and strike timing...mostly players opt them for just dual panzershreck not for their ai power.

• STG dmg increased by 33 %,so giving their old dps back.
• popcap from 9 to 8

3) Stormtroopers :

Same issues as panzergrens but are more expensive just for their infiltration abilities

• can only upgrade with stg or g43 package
• stg dmg increase by 33 %.

4) Pioneers :

Vanilla factions lacking in repair speed compared to WFA factions.

• VET 3 : additional 50 % repair speed
5) Assault grenadiers :

Very Very bad unit they are not good even early game only if they can catch units in open the dont even scale to mid game let alone late game.

• mp40 dmg increase by 40%
• VET 3 :additional -25 % weapon cooldown bonus
6) Artillery Field Officer :

• Popcap from 9 to 7.

OKW

1) Sturmpioneer :

They are the repair squad of okw and they have to construct structures they have less time for fighting especially mid to late game considering that they take a lot of popcap which is quite absurd.

• Popcap from 9 to 7.

2) Volksgrenadiers :

Volks blob yadadaa same old story.

• -20 % vet xp requirement
• Panzershreck removed
• Med truck unlocks 2 stgs for 60 muni
• mechanized unlocks dual anti tank rifles similar to ptrs
• can only choose one of the 2 upgrades.

3) Panzerfüsilier :

Some sensible changes
• Popcap from 6 to 8
• g43 dmg increase by little 10 % not as near good as ostheer g43 package dmg.

4) Fallschirmjäger :

Now the one m looking for the most disappointing and underwhelming unit coh history..not only The most clumped squad unit in the game..i like away for a second they are dead....such an expensive manpower unit not usefull at all aside from when they infiltrate first time and get molested by any late game upgraded allied squad....only glass no cannon..urggh sorry for the rant either buff them or change their name because in current state they dont deserve this title of elite squad.

• fg42 dmg increased by 33 %
• received accuracy from .87 to .8
• Now have the same vet bonuses as Jaeger Light Infantry Recon Squad so falls vet is like this
• VET 1 : Unlocks the 'Blendkörper 2H Frangible Smoke Grenade' ability
• VET 2 : -29% received accuracy, passive cloak
• VET 3 : +40% accuracy,Removed passive healing
• VET 4 : +14.3% weapon range
• VET 5 : -25% weapon cooldown, -29% received accuracy
• Cost From 440 to 480 maybe 500..?? manpower.

5 ) Obersoldaten :

This unit is the second most underwhelming unit...this unit have received three rounds of nerfs and is pointless now comes very late and the only reason u get this expensive low number squad is to fight infantry troubling u in the game especially the vetted mainline infy which currently rapes the obersoldaten even at vet 5...if ignoring supression they loss per pop cap to fully upgraded and vetted rifles.My suggestion is to Un-nerf the dmg nerf the second time they got which was unfounded and unnecessary...and also the official relic reason was that they were able to screen the panzershreck volks well now volks dont have panzer shreck so...

• lmg dmg back to 8 from 6
• infrared stg44 dmg back to 8 from 6
• reduced reinforcements time
• Popcap remains at 10 popcap so the highest popcap infy.
30 Apr 2016, 13:40 PM

Some good changes some cancer changes, Obers damage to 8 again hahahaha
30 Apr 2016, 13:43 PM
Donator 11

To many changes at once, would be much more imballanced that either current version or the preview one.
30 Apr 2016, 14:00 PM

Riflemans nerf, multiple okw buffs, gg thread.
30 Apr 2016, 14:03 PM

Fallschirmjägers need buffs:megusta:
30 Apr 2016, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 14:00 PMNEVEC
Riflemans nerf, multiple okw buffs, gg thread.

umm did you even read it fully..?? mutiple usf and soviets buff..??? and the only okw buffs are mostly falls and obers and even they are counter balanced by high pop and price and arriving late game generally.panzerfussie is overall a nerf.
30 Apr 2016, 14:11 PM

Forgot to add

Commandos
: popcap from 10 to 8.
30 Apr 2016, 14:20 PM

panzerfussie is overall a nerf.

That thread is even wose than i was thinking.
30 Apr 2016, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 14:20 PMNEVEC

That thread is even wose than i was thinking.

incresing popcap is quite a nerf..?? i maybe not a overall nerf but not a buff either.
Your hyperbole is even worse thank i was thinking,did you even looked t rest of my post..???

check post history..
oh yeah,dont feed the troll
30 Apr 2016, 14:31 PM

Grens are fine but need a late game buff? I'd say it's the opposite. Besides, 5% cdr? That isn't going to change anything.
30 Apr 2016, 14:35 PM

incresing popcap is quite a nerf..?? i maybe not a overall nerf but not a buff either.
Your hyperbole is even worse thank i was thinking,did you even looked t rest of my post..???

check post history..
oh yeah,dont feed the troll

Giving big list of radical changes, do you really think one of them will be realesed?
30 Apr 2016, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 14:31 PMGramses
Grens are fine but need a late game buff? I'd say it's the opposite. Besides, 5% cdr? That isn't going to change anything.

yeah thats why i said optional
i think they are fine
30 Apr 2016, 14:40 PM

PLS not pathfinder buff, i still have nightmares about pathfinder bar spam. I don't think that there are many changes necessary, assault engineer buff seems reaonable as well as the conscript upgarde. Everything else is already balanced as it is.
30 Apr 2016, 14:49 PM

I agree with Rifles needing a change.
30 Apr 2016, 15:51 PM

tl:dr Massive unneeded axis buffs + Allied nerfs (and a few unneeded buffs for the sake of appearing unbiased).

I agree that Ass. Engineers and Ass. Grens need some love and Eastern Front factions could use better Repair % on their engineers to bring them in line with WFA but that's about it.
aaa
30 Apr 2016, 15:56 PM

its a=just absurd that players without card or outside top 200 1v1 are allowed to make a balance threads.
2v4 heroes suggesting game changes thats above and beyond
30 Apr 2016, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 15:56 PMaaa
its a=just absurd that players without card or outside top 200 1v1 are allowed to make a balance threads.

Same goes for ppl who only play one faction :foreveralone:
30 Apr 2016, 16:17 PM

tl:dr Massive unneeded axis buffs + Allied nerfs (and a few unneeded buffs for the sake of appearing unbiased).

I agree that Ass. Engineers and Ass. Grens need some love and Eastern Front factions could use better Repair % on their engineers to bring them in line with WFA but that's about it.

..?? there's only mainly rifle nerf..?? rest are mostly buff except weapon slot restriciton.....axis buffs can be argues with bu ass gren,falls and obers are very underwhelming.
30 Apr 2016, 17:52 PM

When it comes to small arms weapons flat increase in DPS is all ranges are generally bad. Small arm weapons should have an optimal range where they perform better and also have range that do perform that good.

Buffs and nerf to weapon should also follow similar rules and buff the DPS at specific range.

Damage, accuracy and ROF should also follow similar rules with weapon for far range doing more damage but firing slower.
30 Apr 2016, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 15:56 PMaaa

puhh lucky that you are rank #197, close but your opponion seems legit:snfDevm: !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 11
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %