Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Mod 'BALANCE GOALS'

29 Apr 2016, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:33 AMMyself

After stubbornly insisting in his proposal of double max DPS for pages, he finally sees the light...

Except the changes were much more generous then what I've suggested :snfPeter:

The upgrade is actually not worth 90 munitions (almost not worth it at all, maybe for 1 squad maybe in urban maps).

Its worth it, but its situational, not a no brainer, has its uses, but you don't want to have it on all squads at all maps, just like gren G43.
29 Apr 2016, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:10 AMHitman5

how can 4 stg lose to 6 svt 40 close range?

The exactly same way how 4stgs lose to 5 garands.

You don't teleport on top of them, but walk to them, take enough damage on approach, you'll lose.
Catch them by surprise near los/shot blocker, you'll win.
aaa
29 Apr 2016, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 22:57 PMaaa
After 1 game. Penals seems just a bs. Respective versions of them lose to lmg grens at long range and to pgrens at all range. While being more expensive than both of them.
Ppsh version have too low hp for melee unit like shocks and svt version have too low dps for long range unit.
Not much issue still best just ignore them.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 23:17 PMKatitof

I have a better idea!

Just ignore you and your whining and bitching.

If you fail with new penals, perhaps you should try easier RTS games?
Like candy crush or cut the rope?

I couodnt fail with penals since there is no automatch. I only tested units vs ai to see they are same as substance inside your head.
29 Apr 2016, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 12:10 PMaaa

I couodnt fail with penals since there is no automatch. I only tested units vs ai to see they are same as substance inside your head.

At least this one we can agree on.
They are really potent and do their job well! :romeoPro:
29 Apr 2016, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:57 AMNebaka

It was never a problem for SU-85 dealing with heavy armored vehicles. But with this patch SU-85 will too weak against Pz.IV, Panther and especially Jagdpanzer.

You've missed those penetration buff (improves performance against Panther) and accuracy buff (improves performance against JPz.IV)
29 Apr 2016, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 12:10 PMaaa

If you would listen to miragefla last stream and in every focking post he did about penals, you would understand that penals arent very tanky. They wont withstand much dmg, but this isnt their job. It is scheduled that you play them in combine with conscripts! Conscripts as meatshield and Penals on long range as dps dealer.

I know Combined arms isnt easy for everyone.
29 Apr 2016, 12:42 PM

my thoughts...
29 Apr 2016, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 12:00 PMKatitof

Except the changes were much more generous then what I've suggested :snfPeter:

No it was not...they got a price increase and the flamer upgrade was nerfed...

You also seem to finally realize why weapon that are good far and mid are op with flamers...
29 Apr 2016, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:10 AMHitman5

how can 4 stg lose to 6 svt 40 close range?

it's about balance they have 160 more hp , the damage is nearly the same do the math
29 Apr 2016, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 06:57 AMKatitof

So what excact unility SPs have early on aside from being main AI unit, untill obersts\call-ins? Like repairing non existing armor untill mid game? Not to mention that SPs role early is AI and mid\late is Support because they cant stand against vetted\upgraded inf.

Also what do you think about British Sappers then? Their ability to beat more expensive squads is fine? Or they hit the field later then SP so its fine :snfPeter:
29 Apr 2016, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 06:57 AMKatitof

OMG I was waiting for a comment like that for a LONG time and it finally is here!
I'm just overjoyed because I can FINALLY answer to it!
Most people will know.

So here it comes kids, fasten your seat belts, because it'll be a quick, but awesome ride!

Also, penals are fine, L2P or L2P like a true Hitman5 does, by making a nerf thread!

Seriously how did this get unnoticed?!?!?!?

Anyway....

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 19:35 PMcapiqua

Core Infantry/Small Team Weapon Spawn Points
Experimental
Developer Comments: We felt by allowing smaller team weapons and core infantry to spawn from corresponding base buildings, it could slightly speed up initial engagements, and allow for more meaningful base placements for Soviets, Wehrmacht, and OKW factions.

• All Core Infantry Squads and Core Small Weapon Teams now spawn from its corresponding building rather than from Off-Map.

I haven't gotten the chance to play the mod yet but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this means that units that spawn from Battlegroup Headquarters and Schwerer Panzer Headquarters spawn on the building itself? If that is then holy cow that could create some negative game play.
29 Apr 2016, 13:07 PM

I haven't gotten the chance to play the mod yet but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this means that units that spawn from Battlegroup Headquarters and Schwerer Panzer Headquarters spawn on the building itself? If that is then holy cow that could create some negative game play.

That is exactly what it means.
In Sov and Ost case, placing inf tiers closer to the boarder will allow you to get units on field even 30 sec faster then before.

This is especially huge for ost weapon teams and sov penals.
29 Apr 2016, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 12:04 PMKatitof

The exactly same way how 4stgs lose to 5 garands.

You don't teleport on top of them, but walk to them, take enough damage on approach, you'll lose.
Catch them by surprise near los/shot blocker, you'll win.

That's what I did, I didn't rush in the open. Their close damage is too strong.
29 Apr 2016, 13:22 PM

Their close range dps barely changed at all.
L2P, you basically fight against completely new units, its obvious that player of your caliber will struggle at first. :romeoMug:
29 Apr 2016, 13:29 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 13:22 PMKatitof
Their close range dps barely changed at all.
L2P, you basically fight against completely new units, its obvious that player of your caliber will struggle at first. :romeoMug:

Penals are fine and even Volks are ok without shrecks. I just had to change the way I played. But ia m so not cool with the spawning spot change
29 Apr 2016, 14:03 PM
Patrion 14

Love the patch so far. However there are 2 bugs I found so far.

1) the captain doesn't have a zook upgrade
2) the okw faust will always damage the engine regardless of the health of the tank (goes against the new mechanic that was introduced to promote medium tank usage)
29 Apr 2016, 14:06 PM

I appreciate the devs walking through their intentions.

Having to take Penals seriously is new and sort of weird. They are deceptively tough when they are down to 2 guys and can make really short work of a fight you thought was totally in your favor about 2 seconds ago.

Taking T34's seriously as well is also a bit of a change. Usually you can ignore them in favor of better targets but now they are much more of a priority. 2-3 T34's + an ISU is actually quite a good armoured force late game.
29 Apr 2016, 14:17 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The last changelog that has been deleted. I think it should have something upgrade, but could a matter of relic
29 Apr 2016, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 07:58 AMKatitof

Ppsh is what makes the package balanced really.

Flamer have longer effective range then ppsh, if there were no ppsh, it would be easier to smoke out of cover and gun down infantry(lesson from elite rifle learned here).

Moreover, penals are squishy squad, so going for the upgrade isn't really a no-brainer and is purely situational choice, its often better to not buy the package to utilize long range potential, which is completely lost with package.

Lets not forget that the upgrade is 90 Muni. If I had the choice between putting that upgrade on every one of my penal squads or dropping a couple of demo charges or mines I know what I'd choose. It's useful on maps with plenty of buildings but I can't see wanting it too often on open maps.
30 Apr 2016, 15:59 PM
Patrion 14

Love the patch so far. However there are 2 bugs I found so far.

2) the okw faust will always damage the engine regardless of the health of the tank (goes against the new mechanic that was introduced to promote medium tank usage)

3) for some reason rangers are bugged and do not heal at vet 2 when out of cover
4) airborne healing at vet 2 is also broken
(I tried vet 3 volks and their healing still works. It seems only vet based healing for usf is broken in the patch)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
Germany 18
unknown 18
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %