Login

russian armor

The Balance Preview Mod has been temporarily delayed

28 Apr 2016, 14:00 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Why delayed?
Relic has done more than test stress the mod mirage?
The boss did not like copy a mod?
Something more than balance or only mirage mod?
Since December nano-patchs

Many questions, few answers
28 Apr 2016, 14:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 13:43 PMsquippy

They won't be in the preview, as I understand things. However the discussion was abut the state of affairs prior, and why its a good idea (supposedly) to remove shrecks from volks.

Yes they will. They will be added to volks. Read the mod notes Relic released before you theorycraft.
28 Apr 2016, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 14:30 PMTobis

Yes they will. They will be added to volks. Read the mod notes Relic released before you theorycraft.

You have misunderstood. I was saying they will not be doctrinal any more in the mod patch.
28 Apr 2016, 14:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 14:32 PMsquippy

You have misunderstood. I was saying they will not be doctrinal any more in the mod patch.

Right, sorry about that.
28 Apr 2016, 15:02 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I don't care if it is temporarily delayed. I am already happy enough that it will come #miragefla you are the best :clap:
28 Apr 2016, 15:48 PM

I believe in miracle again... Relic finally deals with the shreck spam noob tactic... Allies could not do a move with any vehicles cause shrecks kill them in a second... Even IS-2...

Think of that every Volk squad had 2 shrecks and I often saw 5 squads blobing that are 10 shrecks and if there are 4 OKW Players there are up to 40 Shrecks on the field... try to make a move with a tank then...

Maybe OKW is too weak without them but then they need to change other things but I hope we will never see that shreck blob tactics again

Here is an experienced player making a special point of the outrageousness of each volks squad having 2 shrecks. It's laughable.
But this kind of shoddy understanding is typical of a paranoid obsession with volks blobs which possesses many players.
They have blown the whole issue up out of all proportion to the extent that a kind of superstition has developed which paralyses their play and results in a stubborn refusal to use the multiple available counters which verges on the masochistic.

Other than the bitching about it and the resultant decision by relic to react this is a non-issue in the context of the game and most definitely l2p.

28 Apr 2016, 16:01 PM

Here is an experienced player making a special point of the outrageousness of each volks squad having 2 shrecks. It's laughable.
But this kind of shoddy understanding is typical of a paranoid obsession with volks blobs which possesses many players.
They have blown the whole issue up out of all proportion to the extent that a kind of superstition has developed which paralyses their play and results in a stubborn refusal to use the multiple available counters which verges on the masochistic.

Other than the bitching about it and the resultant decision by relic to react this is a non-issue in the context of the game and most definitely l2p.

Yea, that dudes post made me laugh.

1x shreck is OP, but 2x bazookas are fine?!

One can't be okay and the other not.
28 Apr 2016, 16:20 PM

Tbh, and I say this as a fan of the Volk schreks, the bazooka is garbage compared to the schreks when going against anything bigger than a Pz IV.
28 Apr 2016, 16:32 PM

Tbh, and I say this as a fan of the Volk schreks, the bazooka is garbage compared to the schreks when going against anything bigger than a Pz IV.

Yea, Axis armor is a bit tougher no doubt. Bazooka blobs still chase armor away, but it is less likely to kill than a shreck blob. But honestly, you throw in Brits and their armor is quite tough and can stand up to shrecks.

Bottom line, if there is a nerf needed, then reduce the effectiveness. Don't just remove the weapon. That is a cop out.
28 Apr 2016, 17:10 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 13:52 PMGnars
Ugh... Relic needs to do they own work and leave the disgusting mod alone.

Relic has failed at doing it themselves for three years.
28 Apr 2016, 17:10 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/helpinghans/v/63313027

At 02:12:30 HelpingHans says the patch is coming today.
28 Apr 2016, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 12:20 PMKatitof

With a pair of puppchens, mines and fausts, pretty much the same way soviets handle first P4.

That's one way.
28 Apr 2016, 17:33 PM

Did you ever spam 3+ Rear Echelons with double zooks? Cheap to reinvorce, 100 ammunition, 5 men with vet. Your opponent can kiss his tanks goodbye...

To the topic: I always tried to rely on Püppchen, since I like to plant a lot of mines or use the doctrinal abilities. But they are just too squishy and not that much of a threat, that you can scare a real tank away. Against light vehicles they are fine.
28 Apr 2016, 17:40 PM

Did you ever spam 3+ Rear Echelons with double zooks? Cheap to reinvorce, 100 ammunition, 5 men with vet. Your opponent can kiss his tanks goodbye...

To the topic: I always tried to rely on Püppchen, since I like to plant a lot of mines or use the doctrinal abilities. But they are just too squishy and not that much of a threat, that you can scare a real tank away. Against light vehicles they are fine.

6 zooks at 80 damage per penetrating hit only equals 480hp damage to a 640hp tank like Panzer 4, add to the fact that a zook only has a chance to penetrate a P4 from the front at close rage is 72%, mid range at 60% and at long range about 50% i think the chances of "kissing" your tank good bye" is extremely seldom.

oh and its much less with heavier armor and to top it off german tanks get a armor increase at vet two so you can drop those chances even less.

With panzershrecks its a guarantees hit and penetration of a constant 120 damage so yeah zooks and shrecks are not even close to be similar in any way shape or form.

The only thing that is really changing in the new patch is instead of relieing on massive skill blobs to LOL-everything in sight, the OKW will have to use combine arms like every other faction. No more easy skill blobs.

On topic: Mines win games
28 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM

Yea, that dudes post made me laugh.

1x shreck is OP, but 2x bazookas are fine?!

One can't be okay and the other not.
a shrek is like 2 zooks and thats a maybe cus zooks get deflected a ton, and shreks hardly ever get deflected. and if u get 2 zooks u cant kill inf no more volks on the other hand just need to get higher rank and those shreks start killing single entitys frequently and are hard to kill even with shermans with HE shells or IS2 with its decent splash and bad acc
28 Apr 2016, 18:00 PM

the way i see it is how many shots does it take to kill a usa tank with shreks and how many shots it takes to kill a okw tank with zooks. LOL!!! just makes me laugh how a the few of u think thats its fine. zooks need like 3-4 times the shells to kill a panther then a shreks to a E8
28 Apr 2016, 18:11 PM

Assuming they penetrate, which is doubtful vs Panthers, no chance vs KT's. The Schrek can easily pen any allied tank.

In any case, I am against removing schreks. But I don't agree that bazookas are equivalent.
28 Apr 2016, 18:24 PM

the way i see it is how many shots does it take to kill a usa tank with shreks and how many shots it takes to kill a okw tank with zooks. LOL!!! just makes me laugh how a the few of u think thats its fine. zooks need like 3-4 times the shells to kill a panther then a shreks to a E8

So balance them, don't remove them. Decrease range, descrease pen. Problem solved.
28 Apr 2016, 20:11 PM

I have said it before, the STG volks are so much more fun to use than volkshrek blob, and I say this as a top 20 2vs2 OKW player. The Vet bonuses are powerful, and Volks can now be used as mainline infantry, rather than shrek carriers.

Volk Shrek blobs simply resulted in boring, predictable and cheesy play. Now with the STG upgrade they can still perform as a meat shield for better infantry (Jaegers, Falls, Obers etc) yet actually do a decent bit of DMG themselves, while also able to snare. (Not to mention can be used in synergy with MGs) Whats not to like?

The Racketten certainly needs a look at, given its crucial role in the proposed OKW change. (I would be happy if they made it less squishy and more consistent)

If I went really experimental I would suggest a Shrek upgrade on the sturms as an alternative to a racketen buff.
28 Apr 2016, 21:05 PM

...or counter your REs with a single ober squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★