Should it still require switching?
YesHell no
Option Distribution Votes
81%
19%
Total votes: 31 (Locked)
27 Apr 2016, 13:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Is it just me or does anyone else find the shell switching mechanism stupid and unnecessary. With the AOE/Spacing changes last year I find the HE to be just average and the AT on par with the T34. Thje reason they added the switching was for the fact that it was to potent against 4 man units.

It isn't the case anymore and it arrives to late thanks to the teching overhaul. The minumu which can be done to help improving it\s effectiveness is removing the switching micro.
27 Apr 2016, 14:05 PM

T34 is 10000% worse than the Sherman. I buy the Sherman for its amazing flanking performance and anti infantry power it has similar to the cromwell except the cromwell is a more mobile tank thus it is more powerful.
27 Apr 2016, 14:06 PM

oi lad also Sherman used to be a wipe machine on steroids without the shell switching mechanic. The community lobbied to have it added in.
27 Apr 2016, 14:08 PM

Permanently Banned
oi lad also Sherman used to be a wipe machine on steroids without the shell switching mechanic. The community lobbied to have it added in.
So you ignored %90 of the text inside my post:nahnah:<444>3
27 Apr 2016, 14:12 PM

Can't you just condense all your mental outpourings into one thread?

Name it "FalseAlarm's woes and worries"
27 Apr 2016, 14:14 PM

So you ignored %90 of the text inside my post:nahnah:<444>3

Oh I read it. You're just acting retarded.
27 Apr 2016, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Ok I think some fellas are confused by the options. They perhaps confusing the question for "Do you think the sherman needs buffs?" or "Do you think the switching should be removed?"

So they said yes to those questions.
27 Apr 2016, 14:21 PM

There is no reason to remove switching shell. Actually AP rounds are quite good vs infantry, HE are simply better.

HE shell is an option no actually necessity when fighting infantry.
27 Apr 2016, 14:21 PM

Yea, tiny little Sherman that hampers any infantry attack with its .50 Cal and HE shells(already AP is somewhat decent though), can smoke AT guns and instantly repair its frigging engine in the blink of an eye, render any armor below PZ4 useless and can rek PZ4 with some good micro despite costing much less overall. Same AP stats afaik.
You good sir, wrong in your argument.
TLDR:I want my PzGr40 for my PZ4.
27 Apr 2016, 14:40 PM

Can't you just condense all your mental outpourings into one thread?

Name it "FalseAlarm's woes and worries"
27 Apr 2016, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

Would just decrease the price of major and it should be fine for its costs.
27 Apr 2016, 14:59 PM

Answer is hell yes of course, it is an awesome tank as long as you aren't using it to charge Panthers. I only played a few game as USF since I never got used to rifleman, but the Sherman is easily a favorite of mine.

27 Apr 2016, 15:06 PM

Your text..

Can you play the game before entering the balance section again

And can you provide a playercard so that there is proof that you play the game (let alone play the game well enough) to comment on the state of balance?

The shell switching is fine, and honestly I prefer the feature as a USF player. It's not hard to reverse out of battle to switch shells and come back in after the switch, and the option to use HE shells allows me to shit on infantry even more than I would if I only had AP shells.
27 Apr 2016, 15:07 PM

HE Shells are still the best tank AI in the game (aside from ISU/KT obviously). They exist for a reason - so the Sherman isn't an "effective against everything all the time" unit. If you want to merge the two shells then it would effectively be a nerf because the AI would have to be nerfed accordingly because no way in hell does it make sense to have that effective AI/AT combo for the cost of a Sherman.

Also, it seriously takes like 4 seconds to switch the shells. That minuscule amount of micro makes up for itself several times over given how useful HE shells are.
27 Apr 2016, 15:13 PM

The mechanic is quite interesting and surely require skill in micro and situational awarness.

In my opinion it should stay.
27 Apr 2016, 15:29 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Do you primarily play USF? I have a dare for you. Play 10 matches Wehrmacht and see if you change your mind about any of the threads.
27 Apr 2016, 15:49 PM

Ok I think some fellas are confused by the options. They perhaps confusing the question for "Do you think the sherman needs buffs?" or "Do you think the switching should be removed?"

So they said yes to those questions.

Are you being sarcastic or are you upset that 24 people(as of this post) have voted "Yes" to your question of: "Should it still require switching?" compared to 6 that voted "No"?

If you only want people to validate your own opinions then the internet is the wrong place for you or at the very least these forums are.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment