Login

russian armor

Bofor Barrage

26 Apr 2016, 12:33 PM

Agreed retarted ability in my opinion.

Maybe as Brad suggested remove barrage and let it suppress infantry with its normal firing mode.
26 Apr 2016, 12:34 PM

Historically it shouldn't be able to. I mean, who the hell barrages with 40mm rounds?
26 Apr 2016, 12:35 PM

Then again there we never Boys .50 cal snipers in WWII either... so why the hell did I bring up being historical?
26 Apr 2016, 12:39 PM

Maybe as Brad suggested remove barrage and let it suppress infantry with its normal firing mode.

That sounds ok since you have to retreat from it anyway since troops = dead

Why does it exist? Because unlike the okw flak HQ which has quite a bit of range and can suppress, the bofors has rather low range and can't suppress.

This means that once the bofors is seen an enemy would have to be rather stupid to actually get within it's range again and the bofors would become mostly useless.

So to help the bofors be able to actually have more then a one time effect on the game, they gave it a indirect ability so it can also still contribute to the game outside of it's measly range.

The Bofors costs 30 fuel and isn't a tech building...
26 Apr 2016, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 12:30 PMEsxile

So use other counters. Those between Tier1 units and KT/Tiger.

The only thing being talked about here is Ostheer vs Emplacement pretty much.

OKW got Leig, Ostheer have to use mortar or doctrine, or wait until something else. A quick Emplacement on a cut off can end games.
26 Apr 2016, 12:52 PM

When was the last time anyone complained about 2CM Flak Emplacements from Fortifications? Never. They are Terrible. Why do these not have Brace, cannot be sniped/decrewed, etc?

And don't give me that asymmetrical balance garden.
26 Apr 2016, 13:00 PM

everyone complaining about bofos when its the mortar pit that needs to be looked at.
26 Apr 2016, 13:31 PM

What alot of people are neglecting here is that okw in the balance patch get smoke via isg.

Smoke the Bofors, apply nades/Faust. People tend to use them as hard points and if it's not firing people usually don't have enough AI around it to stop you.
26 Apr 2016, 13:33 PM

i remember times when axis rule in gamemodes 3vs3+ but sweet Jesus bring us brits, thank u lord now axisboys feels my pain when i was USF before brits
26 Apr 2016, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 13:00 PMDAZ187
everyone complaining about bofos when its the mortar pit that needs to be looked at.

Mortar pit is a huge target and easily countered with Leig, puma, Stuka, or tank. Mortar pit does not need a nerf. It's a big investment and stationary. If UKF get a mobile mortar too then we can talk.
26 Apr 2016, 13:58 PM

The only thing being talked about here is Ostheer vs Emplacement pretty much.

OKW got Leig, Ostheer have to use mortar or doctrine, or wait until something else. A quick Emplacement on a cut off can end games.

Mortar from T1 softcounter the bofors. it forces brit to permanently repair the bofors, same with its barrage ability which barely kill a mortar or you've been sleepy. Next nothing in T2 can face the bofors except pak outrange it.
Then T3 Stugs rape bofors for breakfast. build 2 of them and you counter 90% of brit late game units. Build 3 of them and you reach 100% brit late game.
26 Apr 2016, 14:28 PM

Because it's a garrison bonus. You already need to invest in either a forward assembly or garrison the bofors with another unit in order to use the ability.

At least make it so the unit has to STAY IN THE BOFORS for it to work. At this point you only need a garrisoned unit to activate the barrage. Once its active the dude can just hop out and keep fighting. Retarded.
26 Apr 2016, 15:21 PM

When was the last time anyone complained about 2CM Flak Emplacements from Fortifications? Never. They are Terrible. Why do these not have Brace, cannot be sniped/decrewed, etc?

And don't give me that asymmetrical balance garden.

I see complaints about 2cm flak emplacements regularly. The complaint is always that the unit sucks balls, which it does.
26 Apr 2016, 18:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reduce range by 5-10.
26 Apr 2016, 18:46 PM

Why does it exist? Because unlike the okw flak HQ which has quite a bit of range and can suppress, the bofors has rather low range and can't suppress.

This means that once the bofors is seen an enemy would have to be rather stupid to actually get within it's range again and the bofors would become mostly useless.

So to help the bofors be able to actually have more then a one time effect on the game, they gave it a indirect ability so it can also still contribute to the game outside of it's measly range.

this right here exactly... i was gona post this same shit but didnt have to. u have to buy a upgrade/tech just to buy the bofors and its not cheap and it cost pop alot od pop. then u have to throw a unit in there to use the ability which is dangerous cus u have more to lose and ur unit is not capping or fighting or planting mine. the best thing to do is get more then one type of thing to kill it. like not just mortars maybe atgun guns to and early tanks
26 Apr 2016, 22:11 PM

I see complaints about 2cm flak emplacements regularly. The complaint is always that the unit sucks balls, which it does.

I see what you did there.
26 Apr 2016, 22:55 PM

+1. Remove it alltogether

At least make it so the unit has to STAY IN THE BOFORS for it to work. At this point you only need a garrisoned unit to activate the barrage. Once its active the dude can just hop out and keep fighting. Retarded.

I've noticed this too.
You can use the ability AFTER it has been garrisoned only once as well.
26 Apr 2016, 22:57 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

remove the bofors barrage, its a no brainer
26 Apr 2016, 23:01 PM

It's because Relic is a grossly incompetent developer. They don't playtest patches and they don't have any guy behind the scenes that has a high-level understanding of the game or that actually knows how to make fun, interactive games.

They just create their bullshit sim city design and expect us to swallow their shit.
26 Apr 2016, 23:13 PM

It's easily dodged if you are paying attention. All the shells get fired into the air long before they hit the ground. I could see an argument for it getting a munition cost of like 30 though.

The reason it exists is because the bofors has a pitiful combat radius and the barrage gives it some extra utility for putting a unit inside it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★