Login

russian armor

Does the pak 40 really need a stun ability?

25 Apr 2016, 10:39 AM

Another fair weather argument. Things don't always go to plan, sometimes you have no choice but to be aggressive and that the pak shot. But its a long stun time and I think you can work it to be a double shot as well (quick reload) but i'm not sure about that.

No, you can't. TWP for Pak-40 is a "buff" for 4 seconds that gives stun effect to its shells.
So, basically it is "your next shot will do stun".

Tiger Ace on the other hand indeed do surpass cooldown of main gun, so it can instagib Jackson with triple shot in like... 4 seconds I think. Shot, TWP, shot. Done.

Look, I agree that it may smell like bad design - an ability that makes loss of control with no counterplay.
But I really feel that Wermacht need it.
25 Apr 2016, 11:08 AM

Next week,

-ambush cammo OP!
-hull down OP!
-Scout OP!

Don't fix what isn't broken.
25 Apr 2016, 11:24 AM
Donator 22

I like target weak point on paks, thats why I vote yes :)
It was OP on stugs/stug-e/tiger ace but now ist ok.
25 Apr 2016, 13:38 PM
Strategist Badge

Next week,

-ambush cammo OP!
-hull down OP!
-Scout OP!

Don't fix what isn't broken.

You don't seem to have grasped what a balance forum is.
25 Apr 2016, 14:34 PM
Strategist Badge

No, you can't. TWP for Pak-40 is a "buff" for 4 seconds that gives stun effect to its shells.
So, basically it is "your next shot will do stun".

Tiger Ace on the other hand indeed do surpass cooldown of main gun, so it can instagib Jackson with triple shot in like... 4 seconds I think. Shot, TWP, shot. Done.

Look, I agree that it may smell like bad design - an ability that makes loss of control with no counterplay.
But I really feel that Wermacht need it.

Why do they need it? They have faust's and they have the option for double shrecks. I feel that they don't need a long range stun ability which can shut down any kind of armored push. I have used the ability countless times to lock down an IS2 and just batter it from long range. I often didnt kill it but I basically kept it in perma-repair, and that's one of the toughest tanks in the game... Imagine ANY other allied tank.
25 Apr 2016, 15:44 PM

Why do they need it? They have faust's and they have the option for double shrecks. I feel that they don't need a long range stun ability which can shut down any kind of armored push. I have used the ability countless times to lock down an IS2 and just batter it from long range. I often didnt kill it but I basically kept it in perma-repair, and that's one of the toughest tanks in the game... Imagine ANY other allied tank.

Because how squishy 4-man squads are (both grens and pak). That's it.
25 Apr 2016, 17:32 PM

Guards' button - too OP, nerf if*
Target Weak Point - fine.

*Guards button could be countered by smoke, Guards did not inflict damage, you had to combine few different units to make full use of button while Pak40 simply stuns and snipes itself.

I dont think you understand, that was on a DOCTRINAL unit, so you saw it in every game, it required a 75mu upgrade to unlock then 40 mu to use so it was dirt cheap, that and it really complimented the nasty over the top pen values of Soviet AT. It also had the ability to be negated by abilities in very prominent doctrines at the time (smoke) and also made the guards completely vulnerable during use. But as ive said, relic is nothing if not consistent
25 Apr 2016, 17:38 PM

instead of stun it should be be a slow 50% or something cuz 2-3 shots kills ally tanks so 1 stun and gg? so yea it needs to be changed
25 Apr 2016, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 07:21 AMNEVEC
Such a ridiculous ability with 0 counterplay. Jackson can't survive this.

So you can't flank pak40s and they also kill infantry + immune to arty? About time this fucking op piece of shit gets nerfed!! RAGE

QUestion to op. Does the Zis really need arty ability?
25 Apr 2016, 17:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guards' button - too OP, nerf if*
Target Weak Point - fine.

*Guards button could be countered by smoke, Guards did not inflict damage, you had to combine few different units to make full use of button while Pak40 simply stuns and snipes itself.

We should replace Button with shooting flares to blind the vehicle crew :snfQuinn:
25 Apr 2016, 17:51 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 17:41 PMofield

So you can't flank pak40s and they also kill infantry + immune to arty? About time this fucking op piece of shit gets nerfed!! RAGE

QUestion to op. Does the Zis really need arty ability?

Relevance? It seems to me that you are being a bit rude. Anyway the pak40 gets such a strong ability tailored towards AT when it is already very good at AT, effectively stacking its AT power. The Zis barrage is firstly not very good and secondly fulfills a very different role than its primary function.
25 Apr 2016, 17:54 PM

Ok.
Imagine Commandos or Shock Troops with stunning nade which lasts few seconds.

How OP that would be?
25 Apr 2016, 17:57 PM
Strategist Badge

Ok.
Imagine Commandos or Shock Troops with stunning nade which lasts few seconds.

How OP that would be?

Imagine STG grens with stun nade that broke retreat... how OP would that be Kappa
25 Apr 2016, 18:00 PM

PaK fine. Leave PaK be. Don't mess PaK. Love, PaK.
25 Apr 2016, 18:05 PM

PaK fine. Leave PaK be. Don't mess PaK. Love, PaK.
the pack is decent i love it also but the stun ability is to good. as a allied army if u are running in with a tank and a pak sees ur tank and shoots u.. after the first hit u gonna try to run cuz ur already about to die. so if next hit stuns u and ur stunned for 5 seconds ur tank is dead. if the stun shot is the first shot it still does damage and u need 2 more shots to kill the tank. and it usually always dies. maybe if the stun did no dmg just stun only?
25 Apr 2016, 18:15 PM

the pack is decent i love it also but the stun ability is to good. as a allied army if u are running in with a tank and a pak sees ur tank and shoots u.. after the first hit u gonna try to run cuz ur already about to die. so if next hit stuns u and ur stunned for 5 seconds ur tank is dead. if the stun shot is the first shot it still does damage and u need 2 more shots to kill the tank. and it usually always dies. maybe if the stun did no dmg just stun only?

I don't have this problem most of the time. I use a lot of recon abilites and usually screen with infantry. At a plus, at my skill level, people just forget TWP. No problem for me.
25 Apr 2016, 18:16 PM

as axis u feel like the allies are running around with light tanks even tho there mediums. if u think of it axis tanks only have to shoot at a allies tank a few times to kill it 2 if its light usually 3-4 for mediums. this is the number of times shooting. a allies tank have to shoot sometimes 10-15 shots because for a mediums axis tank 5 shots will kill it BUT deflections always gonna be a factor. allies tanks are always gona have to hope and pray shots penetrate unless u take chance to flank axis dont need to tank chances game changing chances that allies take... its very true anyone who dont agree ur wrong and dont know the game. So to where i was getting to, why do u need stun for these weak tanks? and some allies tanks dont have smokes or smokes not as good as axis. u would think allies would have that stun ability to hold the axis tanks from nitro run and insta smoke, but they dont. its not like allies mediums are much faster then axis mediums, seems close to same speed maybe super small difference.
25 Apr 2016, 18:22 PM

I don't have this problem most of the time. I use a lot of recon abilites and usually screen with infantry. At a plus, at my skill level, people just forget TWP. No problem for me.
as allies sometimes theres just no hiding or staaying away from the packs u have to break through and gain territory no matter wat. so ur gna take some pack hits plus other at spam inf and tanks no matter wat. so theres gna automatically be some stunning and tanks die spamming vs another good axis players almost every player i play vs use it. i dont see wat kind of players ur playing. i have like 4500 hours on 2 different accounts and i been 300lvl since first first few months game came out i play alot of good ppl in ranked even tho im not to high ranked cuz i have 2 brothers and friends that i let play my accounts
25 Apr 2016, 18:34 PM

It's easy to see what players I'm playing - they are good enough to get used to the game, but lack the dedication to up their game with hotkeys, control groups, better map awareness and don't come up with all-enclosing strategies, either with or without commanders. When I'm getting better, I scratch those limits and get hit hard by those overall better players.
25 Apr 2016, 18:37 PM

It's easy to see what players I'm playing - they are good enough to get used to the game, but lack the dedication to up their game with hotkeys, control groups, better map awareness and don't come up with all-enclosing strategies, either with or without commanders. When I'm getting better, I scratch those limits and get hit hard by those overall better players.

i want u to tell me how and why u think this stun is balanced or should be in this game. its waaay better then old and new school button. u can smoke a button u can move out of button range and u can hit corner to end button.can u smoke or move out of range or hit a corner from a stun ??? no
edited to make more sense
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS