Login

russian armor

Update on the 27th preview

PAGES (7)down
23 Apr 2016, 04:24 AM

More Axis nerfs. Keep up the good work. Soon they can fight with sticks.
23 Apr 2016, 04:50 AM

have relic gone insane..??? first of all they buff mediums and td in driectly or indirectly especially penetration buffs and now the nerf rear armour even more wihtout buffing front armor or even their offensive power...cromwelll spams even more viable and its not like their is side amror its means the half behind armor so side shot just are counted as rear armor GG FUCKING GG relic....i would like to know who personally made this adjustments in relic......becasue he/she seems more biased than AAA and katiof
23 Apr 2016, 05:02 AM

What are you talking about?

• Side armor doesn't exist in the game, but you knew that.
  • SHould the medium tanks be punished from an inability to even pen the rear armor when attacking a flank?
  • The pen values of the mediums were left unchanged, so how do they affect the front armor any differently? If those values are changed, then a whole can of worms regarding balance is opened.

Maybe the viability of t-34s will require players to build a medium tank or td in response instead of waiting for a KT/Tiger. In that sense, the use of heavies may see a decline. Otherwise, straight up, I don't see how the relationship changes that much If a player pulls off a successful flank, they should be rewarded, not see their tanks unable to pen even the REAR armor of the heavy tank. Then again, we should try playing miragefla's mod or wait for the preview balance mod to decide.

Proper flank can still destroy most tanks. What happen in team games is not a flank but spam. 3-4 t76 (getting a decent buff and will cost less), Cromwell rush at your KT and while KT turret is slowing slipping into coma, it gets destroyed. At-least with panther, I stand a chance to hold against the spam of cheap tanks. Now it is like 2 volks with shrek, one panther and 1 KT can move around capturing points. With no shreks and reduced armor and without any buff to other parts (turret esp) means waste of 310 fuel for me. Use one to block the tank from reversing, put one right in front of it for lul and one more to jerk around it. Also I can assure you that allies fanboys will come here say- lul 76? l2p...jackson? l2p...std routine on coh2.org.
23 Apr 2016, 11:28 AM

Some people need to start playing Allies and Axis more evenly. Too much bias.
23 Apr 2016, 12:30 PM

If the lack of rear armour kills your heavy armour play it's very likely that it wasn't very good in the first place. Yes t34s can rush behind you and win..but that's why you have support units. Too often bad players rely on a deathstar of super heavies soaking up damage until their friends super heavy can get over there. This won't work anymore.

From the front p4/t34 have no chance of fighting a heavy, 3v1 or not. They continue to not have this chance.
23 Apr 2016, 12:43 PM

Sexton buff is welcomed :clap: Now royal arty will not anymore be the only UKF doctrine without an effective indirect fire :thumbsup:
23 Apr 2016, 12:49 PM

have relic gone insane..??? first of all they buff mediums and td in driectly or indirectly especially penetration buffs and now the nerf rear armour even more wihtout buffing front armor or even their offensive power...cromwelll spams even more viable and its not like their is side amror its means the half behind armor so side shot just are counted as rear armor GG FUCKING GG relic....i would like to know who personally made this adjustments in relic......becasue he/she seems more biased than AAA and katiof

23 Apr 2016, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 12:49 PMKatitof

Are you happy Axis is "finally" being nerfed into the ground?
23 Apr 2016, 13:14 PM

Oh?

Ost is getting plenty of buffs.

The nerfs to heavy armor hit all armies with heavies equally.

If you didn't see that coming for OKW from a mile away, you must've been deaf, blind and in denial on top of that.

Side grades and shreckvolk cancer was a matter of time, everyone expected that. Time to use AT gun, like all other armies have to. Deal with it.

I'm very sorry you can't stall to KT with volk cancer anymore, I really am, just look at me crying :snfBarton:
23 Apr 2016, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 13:14 PMKatitof
Oh?

If you didn't see that coming for OKW from a mile away, you must've been deaf, blind and in denial on top of that.

Side grades and shreckvolk cancer was a matter of time, everyone expected that. Time to use AT gun, like all other armies have to. Deal with it.

I'm very sorry you can't stall to KT with volk cancer anymore, I really am, just look at me crying :snfBarton:

Too bad Ost will suck donkey balls vs maxims (-33% nade range).

Grens <<< penals and maxims, so good luck figthing with MG-42s only.

T3 will be rekt by Su-85 + T34 combo.

The only thing left for them is Sniper, Osttruppen and Pak.

So yeah;. gl playing Ostheer.

PS: OKW did deserve the nerfs, but STG volks even get demolished by Cons.

But atleast he is happy.

23 Apr 2016, 13:23 PM

Oh?

Translation: Yes
23 Apr 2016, 13:25 PM

Are they unattractive because of the weaker rear armor, that area where enemy tanks shouldn't be? I don't think it changes anything. Just makes a flank more reliable. Look at Luvnest's assault on Hans in the final of ESL to understand how hard it is still to pull that crap off. We talk about all these stat changes but pathing and micro are still a bitch.

You're right in a 1v1 sense. The problem for Luvnest was that he didn't focus the Tiger, he had several tanks stunned by the support guns and stopped to take out Hans' StuG III e and the pak guns supporting the Tiger while only one T34 continued to shoot at the Tiger's frontal armor. A rear armor nerf wouldn't have saved him that battle.

If anything this'll make Germans in team games even weaker.
23 Apr 2016, 13:32 PM

I'm just curious as to what is the overall plan for OKW. How is OKW going to handle these rear armor nerfs with only Raketenwerfers to support them? They have 0 dedicated AT infantry now.
23 Apr 2016, 13:44 PM

Snares are as good as shrecks, or better, in helping to protect a heavy. The heavy can just keep backing up and put the flankers back in front of it.
WHO
23 Apr 2016, 13:55 PM

I'm so excited for the direction of this balance preview. Aggression, flanks, unit preservation, and combined are becoming more rewarding.

The days of blobbing until heavy tank are coming to an end. The heavy tank should be a tool in an arsenal with risks and rewards, not just "the best tank you can buy" for each faction.

Think of how dynamic and interesting this game could be when all those formerly "worthless" doctrines without call-in tanks are on even footing with those without. When the "meta" is SOLID FUCKING PLAY instead of "XXXXX unit" spam or crutching around a particularly strong unit, that's what I'm looking forward to.
23 Apr 2016, 14:30 PM

There are far too many moving parts in this patch to possibly speculate on whether or not Axis have been overnerfed, so people should keep their knickers from getting into a twist until the test-patch goes live. Then, in actual gameplay, people will be able to see what the new lay of the land is, balance wise, and make further tweaks before going live to the main build.

Note that this involves playing the game, i.e. not just posting about it on the forums and theorycrafting. I know that's a new concept to some.
23 Apr 2016, 14:46 PM
Donator 11

i want further increase of frontal armor of heavies but also reduce their speed and acceleration. Compared to vcoh heavies they are still very fast.

On ostheer side i want decrease of shrek max range accuracy and buff to pgrens health. Make them start with kar98 and be able to upgrade to shrek or mp44. Ostheer lacks infantry that can stand up to elite infantry. With nerf to shrek max range should be enough to discourage pgren shrek blobs.

Just copy vcoh that got all of these things right.
23 Apr 2016, 16:14 PM

Oh?

+ 1
23 Apr 2016, 16:23 PM

There are far too many moving parts in this patch to possibly speculate on whether or not Axis have been overnerfed, so people should keep their knickers from getting into a twist until the test-patch goes live. Then, in actual gameplay, people will be able to see what the new lay of the land is, balance wise, and make further tweaks before going live to the main build.

Note that this involves playing the game, i.e. not just posting about it on the forums and theorycrafting. I know that's a new concept to some.

Exactly what i thought, everyone losing their minds on how OKW is dead or those who enjoy too much numbers.

Fact is, not all of this is going to be in the final patch
23 Apr 2016, 16:41 PM
Donator 11

OKW

Volksgrenadier

• Panzershrek Package removed.
• Added StG 44 Package. Grants the squad two StG 44s that improve short-mid range combat for 60 munitions.
• Panzerfaust ability added which is unlocked after a truck is built.

BIG misstake of coh history about this change.

so now why would any one call in the panzerfuiller?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS