Login

russian armor

Update on the 27th preview

PAGES (7)down
22 Apr 2016, 23:16 PM

My opinion:

Heavies should be tough when they are properly facing their enemy and are engaged in a slug-fest. They should however, be vulnerable to mediums flanking around and getting rear shots as mediums are risking more by diving in and trying to circle around a heavy tank which leaves them open to snares and rear-line AT.

Good work with the new SU85, im just saying of the ISU gets a 30% pen buff at vet 2 would be all it needs but just my opinion.
22 Apr 2016, 23:17 PM

Russian guns penetrating Kruppsteel! Witchcraft!

ugh the terror of meeting u guys will be even stronker :drool:
22 Apr 2016, 23:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

More great changes, keep 'em coming.
22 Apr 2016, 23:36 PM

sexton buff is very welcome! land mattress small cost increase is needed.
22 Apr 2016, 23:37 PM

As if German lategame wasn´t overnerfed enough. :hansGG:
22 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM

now greyhound left. heavy arty need to be changed somewhat.
22 Apr 2016, 23:46 PM

Holy crap.. Now that Soviets get a kv8 and an emporer tiger in the same doctrine, maybe hetzer should be brought up to spec? Or is that too fair?
22 Apr 2016, 23:53 PM

Now if we can just get 100 range units to come back :foreveralone:
23 Apr 2016, 00:43 AM

some good ideas but many absurd. i dont want this balance update, pls relic do your own work!.

# NO MORE NINJA CHANGES!!!
23 Apr 2016, 00:51 AM

Does rear armor also account for half the side armor? That means they don't necessarily have to go all in as you say...
Vez
23 Apr 2016, 01:05 AM

some good ideas but many absurd. i dont want this balance update, pls relic do your own work!.

# NO MORE NINJA CHANGES!!!
What are you talking about ninja changes, do you even know what those are... :romeoPls:
23 Apr 2016, 01:09 AM

Personally, I'm a fan of them reducing the Rear armor on heavies one of my biggest gripes with heavies is that bad RNG can really wreck you (especially a mass T34/Sherman dive versus a Tiger or KT). The fuel cost is equal but the so-so penetration on these units means a few rear armor bounces is GG for you. A penetration buff doesn't make sense because then they over perform against their medium counter-parts therefore a rear armor reduction is the next logical step.

In that way I agree with Miragefla - its a more fun game if players are rewarded for good tank micro rather than just being able to stall for a heavy then then be able to be bit more reckless due to rear armor being fairly sturdy. Besides, I'm pretty sure IRL rear armor was pretty weak and couldn't take much if any punishment.
Vez
23 Apr 2016, 01:12 AM

Personally, I'm a fan of them reducing the Rear armor on heavies one of my biggest gripes with heavies is that bad RNG can really wreck you (especially a mass T34/Sherman dive versus a Tiger or KT).
+1
23 Apr 2016, 01:18 AM

Command tanks need changes

they are unstoppable in teamgames
23 Apr 2016, 01:19 AM

Besides, I'm pretty sure IRL rear armor was pretty weak and couldn't take much if any punishment.

To be fair, it's better not to bring IRL in tank battles in video games. Most fights ended in one shot battles, hence why some cannons were able to fire a few kms away rather than 200m engagements as we have in CoH, that last forever. If you take that into account, rear armor was in fact not needed most of the times, and the tanks were just moving cannons, sniping their counterparts with binocular spotting. Flanking was obviously a factor for western allied armor though, as most of their tanks were quite nimble.
23 Apr 2016, 01:19 AM

Heavies seem very unattractive now, especially first tiger.
23 Apr 2016, 02:41 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 01:19 AMJadame!

Are they unattractive because of the weaker rear armor, that area where enemy tanks shouldn't be? I don't think it changes anything. Just makes a flank more reliable. Look at Luvnest's assault on Hans in the final of ESL to understand how hard it is still to pull that crap off. We talk about all these stat changes but pathing and micro are still a bitch.
23 Apr 2016, 02:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 01:19 AMJadame!

Agreed. No use of getting a KT now since they didn't buff its frontal armor/side armor. Slow turret will make it so easy for 76, 85, Cromwell, etc spam to own it now. No shrek to protect it either unless you turtle a place with toy rockets around it. 2 panthers or 3 JPIV are a better choice.
23 Apr 2016, 04:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 02:49 AMClick

Agreed. No use of getting a KT now since they didn't buff its frontal armor/side armor. Slow turret will make it so easy for 76, 85, Cromwell, etc spam to own it now. No shrek to protect it either unless you turtle a place with toy rockets around it. 2 panthers or 3 JPIV are a better choice.

On the bright side they are reducing the fuel cost of KT which I think most would agree is overpriced right now - so they are getting that right at least. As much as I am for getting rid of Volks blobs I really do think they need SOME kind of hand-held AT... its basically a core mechanic of the game and needed to protect OKW's expensive tanks. Assuming most of the preview patch goes live eventually I'd be happy with going with some people's suggestion of giving OKW a new Tank-hunter team unit, something with really terrible AI but fills that role well. Either that or giving Volks a second upgrade package with PTRS-like weapons to let you diversify your force as needed.
23 Apr 2016, 04:20 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 02:49 AMClick

What are you talking about?

• Side armor doesn't exist in the game, but you knew that.
  • SHould the medium tanks be punished from an inability to even pen the rear armor when attacking a flank?
  • The pen values of the mediums were left unchanged, so how do they affect the front armor any differently? If those values are changed, then a whole can of worms regarding balance is opened.

Maybe the viability of t-34s will require players to build a medium tank or td in response instead of waiting for a KT/Tiger. In that sense, the use of heavies may see a decline. Otherwise, straight up, I don't see how the relationship changes that much If a player pulls off a successful flank, they should be rewarded, not see their tanks unable to pen even the REAR armor of the heavy tank. Then again, we should try playing miragefla's mod or wait for the preview balance mod to decide.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS