russian armor

Update on the 27th preview

PAGES (7)down
23 Apr 2016, 16:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

OKW

Volksgrenadier

• Panzershrek Package removed.
• Added StG 44 Package. Grants the squad two StG 44s that improve short-mid range combat for 60 munitions.
• Panzerfaust ability added which is unlocked after a truck is built.

BIG misstake of coh history about this change.

so now why would any one call in the panzerfuiller?

Rather than pointing out the obvious which is being discussed to death, you mind giving feedback?

Better fire on the move with G43s as there is no burst to limit*even if cooldown also gets lowered for AR/SMGs), better LOS with the upgrade, six man-squad, more damage output with the three G43s vs two StG, the fact they are still 6 pop-cap vs a Volk's 7, superior survivability by end-game via veterancy, relatively same damage output stock thanks to the sixth man and you even get para-flares with vet. Toss between self-healing and perma sprint. Their offensive vet are also nearly on par with each other. Volks do have more cooldown bonuses, but they also die faster.
23 Apr 2016, 16:55 PM

Many posts made me laugh, ppl playing a WW2 based game and didn't know that the rear of a tank are supposed to be vulnerable ? Especially this game have no side armor or slower reversing speed implemented, that's the biggest weakness of heavy tanks, relic already made heavies noob-proof, and ppl are still crying about rear amor nerfs even when it's for both sides....
23 Apr 2016, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 16:55 PMUGBEAR
Many posts made me laugh, ppl playing a WW2 based game and didn't know that the rear of a tank are supposed to be vulnerable ? Especially this game have no side armor or slower reversing speed implemented, that's the biggest weakness of heavy tanks, relic already made heavies noob-proof, and ppl are still crying about rear amor nerfs even when it's for both sides....

I think people generally understand that rear armor is weaker than frontal armor. It already was. Now it is even moreso the case. Would you still be laughing if all rear armor ratings were at 0 and kubelwagen spam could take out anything on the field?
23 Apr 2016, 17:04 PM
Donator 11

Rather than pointing out the obvious which is being discussed to death, you mind giving feedback?

Better fire on the move with G43s as there is no burst to limit*even if cooldown also gets lowered for AR/SMGs), better LOS with the upgrade, six man-squad, more damage output with the three G43s vs two StG, the fact they are still 6 pop-cap vs a Volk's 7, superior survivability by end-game via veterancy, relatively same damage output stock thanks to the sixth man and you even get para-flares with vet. Toss between self-healing and perma sprint. Their offensive vet are also nearly on par with each other. Volks do have more cooldown bonuses, but they also die faster.

VG is the core of the faction. they cant have at nade like british do.

core of faction cant be change.

telling me the data wont change anything.

if vg do not have Panzershrek , just get M5 and reket okw faction. is so EZ.

this is nothing personal miragefla.

I like you miragefla,as a big asian.

but I checked your rank, you only played as OKW in 1v1 like 81 times.

I played 950 time. does that show you anything?

also in your mod, no one pick OKW . maybe you can tell why?

my feedback is undo the change
23 Apr 2016, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

OKW and ostheer are different faction, they have different core.

I dont like okw have to play like ostheer.
23 Apr 2016, 17:08 PM

Ostheer is gonna be pretty interesting since they have been only had minor changes in all the balance previews. They have for a while been quite vulnerable early to mid game(especially light vehicle play) and the only major change to their first 2 tiers was the sniper nerf, which was a crutch unit for ost in most matchups.

The power creep of the of the WFA factions made ost quite average in many areas and power creep of these balance previews don't seem to be helping them much either. OKW will be much weaker which means ost probably won't be able to rely on them too much for map control and AT, whilst they build up to their stronger mid-late game.

23 Apr 2016, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

I uploaded this bug a month ago.

and relic wont fix the bug and keep changing the game.

I mean WTF???

can they fix the bug first. than move forward?
23 Apr 2016, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:03 PMNezmith

I think people generally understand that rear armor is weaker than frontal armor. It already was. Now it is even moreso the case. Would you still be laughing if all rear armor ratings were at 0 and kubelwagen spam could take out anything on the field?

150 rear is far from being penetrated by machine gun, stop weed
23 Apr 2016, 17:15 PM

Didn't you defend the SWS truck killing/pushing soldiers Paulad? :romeoHype: :luvDerp:
23 Apr 2016, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

Didn't you defend the SWS truck killing/pushing soldiers Paulad? :romeoHype: :luvDerp:

when SWS truck can kills, I never push.

I push SWS truck after they nerfed it.
23 Apr 2016, 17:17 PM

does okw have any viable infantry fighting option because obers and falls are far from bang for buck....not only that considerable amount of popcap for okw will be occupied by at now mostlt leaving infantry even more vunerable i tried stg volks they suck still get obliterated bye vet 3 rifles and tommys
23 Apr 2016, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 16:55 PMUGBEAR

KT in real life has 2x more armor in rear than T-34 front armor.
23 Apr 2016, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:14 PMUGBEAR

150 rear is far from being penetrated by machine gun, stop weed

That wasn't the question. The nerfs indirectly buffed every medium+ tank by guaranteeing they won't bounce on rear armor unless you're using t-34/76s at max range. For already useless vehicles in 1v1 matches like the Jagdtiger it's an unnecessary nerf. Team games are even further imbalanced in favor of allies due to the sluggish speed of heavies and the spammability of allied tanks.

I'm curious since the Jagdtiger has become so useless and people are calling for even more nerfs, why not just bring back the Jagdpanther? A speed buff with reduced damage, range, and hitpoints is pretty much the only way to make that unit competitive in more game modes.
23 Apr 2016, 17:40 PM

Since release German tanks have been pretty much hit constantly with the nerf stick. I thought we had reached the ultimate low. But Relic never ceases to amaze me.

Ostheer used to be about good tanks to compensate for their small squads and general fragility. Now we ended up with Panthers hardly being able to knock out Cromwells.

They continue with their famous nerf one thing + buff the counters attitude that failed so hard the last times. This time SU-85 and Firefly get a buff + German heavies get nerfed.

If you reduce the rear armor of German heavies please consider giving them something else. More HP or more frontal armor.

RIP German lategame.
23 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:40 PMButcher
Since release German tanks have been pretty much nerfed constantly with the nerf stick. I thought we had reached the ultimate low. But Relic never ceases to amaze me.

Ostheer used to be about good tanks to compensate for their small squads and general fragility. Now we ended up with Panthers hardly being able to knock out Cromwells.

They continue with their famous nerf one thing + buff the counters attitude that failed so hard the last times. This time SU-85 and Firefly get a buff + German heavies get nerfed.

If you reduce the rear armor of German heavies please consider giving them something else. More HP or more frontal armor.

RIP German lategame.

IS-2 rear armour nerf? Not sure why Comet's didn't follow with their rear armour of 180, but I don't get this rear armour nerf complaint. You should be puinshed if you're heavy tank is outflanked.

The mediums flanking already need to expose themselves to the rear-line AT that should be supporting the heavy.
23 Apr 2016, 17:54 PM

I don't get this rear armour nerf complaint. You should be puinshed if you're heavy tank is outflanked.

The mediums flanking already need to expose themselves to the rear-line AT that should be supporting the heavy.
This is a huge nerf. Since there is no side armor and only front and rear armor are in the game this directly influences shots to the side.

The Panther already is penetrated on a regular basis to the side and rear. This is getting worse now. Same for the Tiger and Tiger II.

The Panther is supposed to chase down tanks currently thus exposing its side and rear. This means pretty much instant death now.

The Tiger II is very slow and also going down way faster now. This means all an Allied player has to do is bumrush mediums, not take casualties and win. The front armor will get easily penetrated by the new SU-85 and Firefly in no time.

Pretty sure it´s the time of the year again to play Allies only.
23 Apr 2016, 17:55 PM

IS-2 rear armour nerf? Not sure why Comet's didn't follow with their rear armour of 180, but I don't get this rear armour nerf complaint. You should be puinshed if you're heavy tank is outflanked.

As well as Churchills and Pershings. The IS-2 may have been nerfed, but it still has more rear armor than any German vehicle (Even KT and Jagdtiger?). It was just a big, unnecessary nerf to Germans. Your punishment for being flanked is already hard-coded into the game, so it doesn't make sense to enhance the effect.

Edit: Churchills and Comets have more rear armor than the KT and Jagdtiger- this is a problem.
23 Apr 2016, 17:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:55 PMNezmith

As well as Churchills and Pershings. The IS-2 may have been nerfed, but it still has more rear armor than any German vehicle (Even KT and Jagdtiger?). It was just a big, unnecessary nerf to Germans. Your punishment for being flanked is already hard-coded into the game, so it doesn't make sense to enhance the effect.

Edit: Churchills and Comets have more rear armor than the KT and Jagdtiger- this is a problem.

Well, there's hitting the IS-2 with another rear armour nerf along with the Allied heavies that were unaffected. Pershing, if I remember correctly has the rear armour of a Panther at 110 and doesn't have the 1040+ health pool other heavies have in exchange for speed.
23 Apr 2016, 18:00 PM

Comet should get its rear amor nerfed to 100, in fact only KV series should keep their rear protection (which is an out-dated design)

BTW, have you ever consider giving soviet a REAL tier4 tank aka make T-34/85 a stock unit while make a scaled downed t-34/76 back to tier 3? Soviet T4 is quite expensive(and even more expensive with cons' side upgrades) , T-34/76 is outmachted when it's came out, and flanking is equally if not more suicidal since panzerfaust available to volks now
23 Apr 2016, 18:07 PM

removing shreks was the biggest mistake ever.
Hats off to whatever idiots made that happen .
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak