Login

russian armor

Red army - army of criminals?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
22 Apr 2016, 06:22 AM

That's about upcoming patch changes. As we all know, it will seriously buff Penals, give them PPSHs, increase damage and such stuff... Conscripts, as always, ignored.

So, I starting to think, that after that patch people will not use conscripts as mainline infantry, or will use them way more rare. Penals will change them on that position, equiped with such firepower.

And of course, CoH 2 is not about history, and different squads are just different models in game, nothing serious but... Do Relic know who were in Penal Batalions? And how they worked?

Penal battalions existed from 1942 to 1945 in USSR. In those battalions criminals, cowards, deserters, alcoholics in army could "serve out" their punishment and after that - come back to regular forces with all their ranks or be conscripted in them from working camps. Each penal battalion after creation existed only few mounths, maximum service period in those battalions was 3 mounths. Totally, through penal batallions passed only 1.24% of all Red army soldiers.

So... I don't get it - why Relic starting to buff Penals in game - criminals and cowards, instead of buffing clear regular army core - Conscripts? It's predictible, that people will start to use now Penals as mainline infantry, instead of forgoten Conscripts. It makes me think, that Relic see those bastards as real core of soviet army - that's sad, actually.

Maybe would be more reasonable to change Penals sqads in T1 to some other specific soviet infantry, like VDV or something like that. But save their stats and buffs. Or... buff conscrtips right after Penals. Cos otherwise, we will have to use Penals as main soviet infantry power, they are obviously more effective, than conscripts. And it will be veeery sad, cos Red Army's core were not cowards and deserters, but brave, full of hate and really skilful (in latest periods, when CoH 2 happens) soldiers.

I still beilve, that Call of Duty: World at War shown us more fair and correct portrait of soviet soldiers of late war, than CoH 2. Angry, brave and absolutelty unstopable.
22 Apr 2016, 09:15 AM

Again shitty topic by "best su player" in coh 2 community.:facepalm:

For those who wonder about rank here is player card: https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198062472736
22 Apr 2016, 09:19 AM

Again shitty topic by "best su player" in coh 2 community player card plz.:facepalm:

That topic was not about "balance" or "playercards". It's about historic correcton and simple logic!

And everyone saw my playercard already, it's not that big problem to find it.
22 Apr 2016, 09:35 AM

Totally agree on historic logic. But my friend, u cant espect from canadian company to fully understand eastern europe. Ffs no one further Germany understands East. :D My dream would be play game to around 43 timeline, without GodMachines - KT, Comets, IS2 and so on... Cause for now only gamemode i see normal is 1v1 (and to less extent 2v2), the only place u can have combined arms, what actually ww2 was all about. In higher modes game practicly turns on SuperMega tank fest + who has better abilities.

I would rather see more threads about strategies/counterstrats not whining nerf that boost that shits.....
22 Apr 2016, 10:00 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Off-topic posts invised, together with other posts citing the irrelevant comments.

Moving from the Library to the Lobby.
22 Apr 2016, 10:50 AM

Penal battalions existed from 1942 to 1945 in USSR. In those battalions criminals, cowards, deserters,...

Contrary to German Penal battalions most of them were not actually criminals, but had committed "military crimes" that might include repositioning in the face of annihilation...there also allot of officer among them and people who object Stalin's rule...
22 Apr 2016, 11:27 AM

Funny thing is that OP doesn’t know much about penals
Ballance wise i think cons would be useful as shield and merge donators for penals. Because penals don’t get high survaviability with vet. They can deal tons of damage, but vulnerable. In other hand cons get survaviability but can’t into damage.
22 Apr 2016, 11:49 AM

its funny how you always come up with history...

..and get disappointed by the game

so you come up with new history threads

and it all repeats over and over again
22 Apr 2016, 12:01 PM

penal was quite good now, buff works great, they still die like flies,but they can bring some destruction now! I like the changes
22 Apr 2016, 12:11 PM

Oh for fuck sake, STOP with this kind of threads.
22 Apr 2016, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 12:01 PMUGBEAR
penal was quite good now, buff works great, they still die like flies,but they can bring some destruction now! I like the changes

Noone argue with that, but is it normal, that good, disciplined and clear soldiers (conscritps) should be equiped and perform worse, than "milirtary crimes" and "real crimes". That goes against simple logic:

For my normal soldiers I will give... shitty old Mosins, if they want weapon - hire special commander, he will call in Moscow personally for that.

For my Penalty trash soldiers I will give... top of the line SVT-40s, Flamers and hell yea - PPSHs without confirming from HQ.

I guess it should be visa versa. All best for best soldiers of Motherland and all worse for dirty scums, cos you know - they are scums.

If there would be not Penals, but some other infantry group, like VDV soldiers, then OK, cos they were and still are elite. But now... it looks ridiculously illogical.
22 Apr 2016, 18:47 PM

why can't you be happy when soviets have all these neat infantry units to chose from with multiple skins for winter and summer.

Brits have a grand total of three separate infantry units (Tommies which are also recycled for weapons teams, sappers and commandos), usually with engineer spam and no unique winter skins.

Was the invasion of France spearheaded by welsh sappers? no, it's just the way the game is.
22 Apr 2016, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 18:47 PMRollo
why can't you be happy when soviets have all these neat infantry units to chose from with multiple skins for winter and summer.

Brits have a grand total of three separate infantry units (Tommies which are also recycled for weapons teams, sappers and commandos), usually with engineer spam and no unique winter skins.

Was the invasion of France spearheaded by welsh sappers? no, it's just the way the game is.
\

Well, problem here is, that UK's RESappers are not their mainline infantry - they are sappers. And mainline role given to TommyRiflemans. Everything right up here.

In USSR it will go wrong. People won't use conscripts, they will not be compareable with Peanls. So - Penals with their hell-firepower will become mainline, and Cons will be either "supports with AT-nades" or totaly forgoten.

And this is not right, cos... Penals as armycore is pretty shamy.
22 Apr 2016, 18:56 PM

Look, welcome to 2013. The campaign didn't build any bridges, and the overall design is a little dubious.

But hell, at least they are portrayed.
22 Apr 2016, 18:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So, I starting to think, that after that patch people will not use conscripts as mainline infantry, or will use them way more rare. Penals will change them on that position, equiped with such firepower.

Good, more diverse meta. Bring on the changes.
22 Apr 2016, 19:06 PM

Still waiting for famous axis thread
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment