Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
nee
2 May 2016, 05:48 AM

The change to Volks was not to stop an AI blob... it was to stop an AT blob. The problem was a rolling wave of 6 Shreks, with 5 men for retreating and surviving and with 5 levels of Vet, for the loads of Allies' medium tanks. The change was in no way to stop the Volks blob (all factions can blob right now with at least one of their units), but it was to give Allies tanks in all game modes(especially team modes) a better chance against OKW.
I cannot fully agree on this. It seems from reading the dev comments, that the intention was to reduce or eliminate Volks blobbing in general, but with the design changes it implies they were directed to reducing AT blob.

Or put simply meant to do A but instead did B.
2 May 2016, 06:46 AM

*ROFL ROFL* -header

That's what you get when you say what I am about to say but the fact is-
Rifleman blob is more cancerous than volks blob esp with all those cheap ass zooks (which are deadly in mass) and bars.

Again, ROFL.
2 May 2016, 16:26 PM

Can you guys stop giving your stupid opinion on things and actually discuss the bugs?

I found out that the brummbar have the "breakthrough" ability on all the time, even if you don't pick any commander.

make werhmatch late game super OP
2 May 2016, 16:44 PM

Can you guys stop giving your stupid opinion on things and actually discuss the bugs?

I found out that the brummbar have the "breakthrough" ability on all the time, even if you don't pick any commander.

make werhmatch late game super OP

You mean it can cap points?
2 May 2016, 18:27 PM

I really don't see the problem of removing shreks off the VGs. To be honest, I prefer VGs with anti infantry upgrades for early-mid game to compete with heavily armed allied infantry.

As OKW, I really don't have a problem handling Allied infantry late game at all, what matters most is the early and mid game. By removing shreks and adding Faust, OKW is somewhat like Wehrmacht with combined arms approach for early game Allied light vehicle game play.

I think people are generally being lazy about OKW shreks, most players just want easy one click upgrade to solve all their AT needs.
2 May 2016, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2016, 21:39 PMnee

I actually think that, if I had a blob and given two upgrade options- one AI and one AT- the result would be more diverse and versatile, but not in a blobbing way.

Take for example a blob of four Volks squads- either four schrecks or four STGs, they are pretty powerful. 2x of each may make them more versatile but also means that they are less effective against clumps of either.

You have just described riflemen. Maybe a blob of rifles with all bazookas backed by Shermans with HE is more effective than the current strat of BARs and AP Shermans.
3 May 2016, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 22:51 PMSlaYoU

Welcome to the uninstall bandwagon :)

Ah, the drama! :)
3 May 2016, 10:38 AM

A general comment on Brit tanks: the comet and churchill are tough and almost as hard to deal with as Panthers, mainly due to the amount of firepower than can absorb while falling back for repairs.
3 May 2016, 10:42 AM

A general comment on Brit tanks: the comet and churchill are tough and almost as hard to deal with as Panthers, mainly due to the amount of firepower than can absorb while falling back for repairs.
The British fucked up Coh big time. A Comet that has similar characteristics to a Panther while it´s pretty much a Cromwell with a bigger gun is retarded. So is the health pool on the Churchills. The latter should get the HP of other heavies but a lot more armor.
3 May 2016, 11:06 AM

The British fucked up Coh big time. A Comet that has similar characteristics to a Panther while it´s pretty much a Cromwell with a bigger gun is retarded.

Why? Comet has lower armor, lower penetration, higher cost.

Your comparison makes as much sense as comparing T34/76 to M10.

So is the health pool on the Churchills. The latter should get the HP of other heavies but a lot more armor.

Except that is the design of the churchill, low RNG dependent damage sponge. High RoF TDs are its counter, not slow firing high pen units like panther.

There is nothing wrong with them if you use RIGHT counter, panther isn't the ultimate cure for every allied tank.
3 May 2016, 19:11 PM

The Tiger is in a really poor spot when compared to the Britt's armor. I think the Tiger either needs a cost decrease of the turret speed for rotation needs to decrease.
3 May 2016, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2016, 19:11 PMNapalm
The Tiger is in a really poor spot when compared to the Britt's armor. I think the Tiger either needs a cost decrease of the turret speed for rotation needs to decrease.

They do much more to the vanilla heavies and I'm going to be yelling about power creep

Plz just nerf UKF armour instead.
3 May 2016, 20:03 PM

Looks like every fanboy got what he asked for :D
It's the the factions finally are getting their last fixes, with DoW 3 knocking on the door.
3 May 2016, 20:08 PM

Looks like every fanboy got what he asked for :D
It's the the factions finally are getting their last fixes, with DoW 3 knocking on the door.

ded game u mean brah? :sibDZ:
3 May 2016, 20:23 PM

ded game u mean brah? :sibDZ:

No, people still play coh1 and people will also play coh2 once DoW 3 is out. The community will just get smaller.
3 May 2016, 20:44 PM

Your comparison makes as much sense as comparing T34/76 to M10.

Except that is the design of the churchill, low RNG dependent damage sponge. High RoF TDs are its counter, not slow firing high pen units like panther.

There is nothing wrong with them if you use RIGHT counter, panther isn't the ultimate cure for every allied tank.

Yeah the SU-85 is totally the best counter for Churchills. :foreveralone:
3 May 2016, 20:46 PM

Yeah the SU-85 is totally the best counter for Churchills. :foreveralone:

Damn, if only axis had a similar tank destroyer, with high rof and pen that would be mobile and cheap... it could even come out of T3 :snfPeter:
3 May 2016, 21:10 PM

Higher cost? Its 10 more mp and 15 less fuel. Fuel is a more restricted resource in this game.
Also you conveniently forgot faster ROF and cool down, better moving accuracy, better AOE. 60% more rear armour. Grenades. Etc etc
3 May 2016, 21:14 PM

all this talk of pathers and comets...

and im just sittin here...

with t34/76
3 May 2016, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2016, 21:10 PMRappy

Higher cost? Its 10 more mp and 15 less fuel. Fuel is a more restricted resource in this game.
Also you conveniently forgot faster ROF and cool down, better moving accuracy, better AOE. 60% more rear armour. Grenades. Etc etc

the wehr panther is still cheaper than the british comet.

the okw panther have superior mg in exchange for the higher fuel cost.

both panther will also win against the comet with no problem.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight