Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
22 Apr 2016, 06:26 AM

still has the thompson +4 rifles, so thats not too shabby.

and he can become a makeshift ranger later; 1 zook 1 thompon and a bar :romeoHairDay:

If I'm not mistaken the Captain squad is composed of 2 rifles, 2 RE, and the Captain with a heavily nerfed Thompson. The captain Thompson doesn't have the same weapon profile as a para or ranger Thompson because the Captain used to be too good at close combat.
22 Apr 2016, 06:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 06:26 AMCabreza

If I'm not mistaken the Captain squad is composed of 2 rifles, 2 RE, and the Captain with a heavily nerfed Thompson. The captain Thompson doesn't have the same weapon profile as a para or ranger Thompson because the Captain used to be too good at close combat.

Pretty sure his REs uses the same Garands as Riflemen. Also pretty sure his Thompson is in fact worse the Para/Ranger ones, but it ain't too bad. It's still better than an AG MP40 :foreveralone:
22 Apr 2016, 06:31 AM

wtf at those side tech costs you already pay for trucks thats enough and the actual tier costs are also high ..???? do usf have any penalty for free repair crew with each tank or soviets have extra durable team weapons and can act as arty peice then why the fuck okw gets screwed over.?? they dont eve nget caches mortar or sniper for fuck sake and every units is overpriced and get those 5 vet are just showpiece either you dont reach even vet 3 or the vet 5 units just get destoryed by allied vet 3 units......SO WHY THE FUCK IS OKW = much worse ostheer...???

this is the tech cost of all four factions currently in game, note the faction with the lowest manpower cost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g5csCZt9UrVnNy-k9w8DRh1F6Rzeu7hMCLXZoxSdNRk/edit#gid=0

this is the tech cost of all four factions in the preview. Note who is still the faction with the lowest manpower cost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XzA2COrqCsnBD1kn1PClzUnN6rxr1cOt2sJxZnK3Oss/edit#gid=0
22 Apr 2016, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 05:02 AMHitman5
OKW = dead faction. It's pretty much an inferior version of Wehr with worse doctrines, worse AT gun and no panzerschreks.
Lelic

+1000000000000.
Why Relic try so hard to make OKW completely rip-off from Wehr? OKW already has suppression platform - 251/17 AA Halftrack, why Relic put two units with SAME role in one building tier (M2HB and M17A1 suffers the same)?
Same about panzershrek removal and faust-STG44 addition.
22 Apr 2016, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 06:30 AMVuther

Pretty sure his REs uses the same Garands as Riflemen. Also pretty sure his Thompson is in fact worse the Para/Ranger ones, but it ain't too bad. It's still better than an AG MP40 :foreveralone:

Had a look at the stats and was surprised to discover you're right. The REs use rifleman Garands and the Captain Thompson only does ~4 dps less than a para Thompson at close range so the squad will definitely have some decent combat value. That said I'm not sure I'd ever want to trade Rifle vet, smoke/nades, and an AT snare for Captain vet, On Me!, and slightly cheaper zooks.
22 Apr 2016, 06:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 06:38 AMCabreza

Had a look at the stats and was surprised to discover you're right. The REs use rifleman Garands and the Captain Thompson only does ~4 dps less than a para Thompson at close range so the squad will definitely have some decent combat value. That said I'm not sure I'd ever want to trade Rifle vet, smoke/nades, and an AT snare for Captain vet, On Me!, and slightly cheaper zooks.
Iunno man, On Me! and Supervise are pretty good abilities which have no resource cost. I'd still prefer him over his subordinate "Might as well be Rifle clone but with free BAR and no AT nades". Gawwwwwwddddddd the LT's so boring.
22 Apr 2016, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 06:38 AMCabreza

Captain still has his management certificate ability (don't remember the exact name), really useful to pump out units really fast.
Now you can go 3RM/BARs+Zooks/captain + fast stuart/pak/Atgun and equip BARs on your captain if you don't see any light/medium vehicle.
Let's be honest that´s a nerf for sure but with HMG.50 getting better softcounter to lights and mortar to take out position, you´ll less need dual zooks to do the early heavy damage stuff RMs+BARs can´t do.
Mortar alone open a wide area of possibility to counter aggressive OKW H.Qs

I like USF and those changes are nice, at least on paper.

What I can't get is why OKW fanboys are still crying while getting what they were asking for.
22 Apr 2016, 06:56 AM

Interested as to how useless the Volks STG will be.

It becomes a long range unit that sucks at long range, a short range unit that sucks at short range, and a mid range unit that still isn't that good at mid range. All for the price of extra ammo to be spent.

--------------

Then the medic truck....

Ost pays - 150 mp, 60 ammo (Medical bunker)
US pays - 250 MP, 10 fuel (Movable)
UK pays - 60 ammo (Medical supply on infantry)
USSR pays - 250mp (HQ upgrade)

OKW - 100mp + 15 fuel (For truck) + 200 mp + 25 fuel (tech up) + 100 mp + 15 fuel (medics) for a total of 400mp, 55 fuel. Later than all other medic options which are tier 1.

BALANCED ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
22 Apr 2016, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 06:47 AMVuther
Iunno man, On Me! and Supervise are pretty good abilities which have no resource cost. I'd still prefer him over his subordinate "Might as well be Rifle clone but with free BAR and no AT nades". Gawwwwwwddddddd the LT's so boring.

We'll just have to get hands on and see how it works out in game I suppose.

Amen to the LT btw. Imagine if instead of "meh" free units officers were specialized elite squads USF players wanted to purchase.
22 Apr 2016, 07:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Sorry Brad if it's not your fault.

I'm pretty salty that the game balance feels like a community mod (because it is one) and not a professionally balanced game. It's like Riot games took over the balance.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:25 AMRappy

+1
WTF is this? Miragefla unable to ignite demand for his mod even by paying people in competitions, so he's talked his way into changing the whole game structure.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:30 AMHitman5
Why miragefla? I doubt 99% of CoH players have even heard of this guy. Hopefully this is the last time Relic does Community "Balance". It's one thing to take suggestions from community but to balance the game on some guy's mod is frankly retarded.

No need for insults. If you're going to be salty by changes you have never played with even when they have been active for months in the CE mod and refuse to provide that feedback in the upcoming balance mod when we do get to test more extreme changee and ideas, then how can we ever decide what's good or bad when we base it off our sole bias. It's why when I do play and stream the mod I ask for community feedback.

I'll give the in-depth reasons in another post for why I went with certain changes.
22 Apr 2016, 07:02 AM

The additions don't seem... that bad?

SU85 is a bit better, USF finally gets some early-game indirect fire, Ost gets sandbags (and flamer HT isn't a "lose 120muni" button anymore), OKW faust is preemptively fixed... Patch seems to be decent?

Still, things which MUST be addressed:
1. USF rifle blobs. The amount of AI power these can bring is absolutely insane. They need to be brought at least closer to 'in-line'.

2. UKF bofors 'barrage' ability. It hard-counters what is supposed to be a hard counter (AT gun). It needs to go, or get a range nerf so that it can't take out max-range AT guns.

3. UKF Engineers 'half price' vet 3. Prices should never change with vet.

4. OKW FLaK. It gets destroyed by a single shot.

Other than those changes, I'm actually looking forward to testing this out. The OKW changes will be interesting (not sure if good or bad...), but the rest seem to be quite good.
22 Apr 2016, 07:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1. USF rifle blobs. The amount of AI power these can bring is absolutely insane. They need to be brought at least closer to 'in-line'.

The reason they added the higher veterancy bonuses was to counteract USF having a high MP bleed later in the game from all the Riflemen not fighting effectively enough, and I would think it would be far better to just reduce their reinforcement cost with vet without instead of the current RA bonuses making them super tough as we all know instead.
22 Apr 2016, 07:12 AM

Interested as to how useless the Volks STG will be.

It becomes a long range unit that sucks at long range, a short range unit that sucks at short range, and a mid range unit that still isn't that good at mid range. All for the price of extra ammo to be spent.

--------------

Then the medic truck....

Ost pays - 150 mp, 60 ammo (Medical bunker)
US pays - 250 MP, 10 fuel (Movable)
UK pays - 60 ammo (Medical supply on infantry)
USSR pays - 250mp (HQ upgrade)

OKW - 100mp + 15 fuel (For truck) + 200 mp + 25 fuel (tech up) + 100 mp + 15 fuel (medics) for a total of 400mp, 55 fuel. Later than all other medic options which are tier 1.

BALANCED ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Better get these spios to vet1 and use med crates.

Its not like you'll need all that muni for shrecks or anything :sibHyena:
22 Apr 2016, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:06 AMVuther

The reason they added the higher veterancy bonuses was to counteract USF having a high MP bleed later in the game from all the Riflemen not fighting effectively enough, and I would think it would be far better to just reduce their reinforcement cost with vet without instead of the current RA bonuses making them super tough as we all know instead.

It's not just the veterancy bonuses; it's that they have those incredibly high bonuses AND can get a ton of AI upgrades. If they were limited to one AI upgrade, it probably wouldn't be a problem. But once late game rolls around you see multiple Vet 3 Dual BAR squads roaming around (yes, even in a close game) wrecking everything.

On top of that due to their large squad size and relatively low reinforce cost, most of the usual counters don't really work. Snipers don't fire fast enough (6 man squads), mortars won't get a wipe since they're too spread out (6 man squad), MGs need a lot of micro/support (smoke), and even vet 3 grens w/ LMGs don't trade well (even at range), despite having a higher base AND reinforce cost while also being having 2 less models.

I would even be fine with them in their current state if it wasn't just so effective to blob them. Give them negative zeal like CoH1's pios and you'd get a much more interesting dynamic (and possibly reduce item slots).
22 Apr 2016, 07:14 AM

The additions don't seem... that bad?

SU85 is a bit better, USF finally gets some early-game indirect fire, Ost gets sandbags (and flamer HT isn't a "lose 120muni" button anymore), OKW faust is preemptively fixed... Patch seems to be decent?

Still, things which MUST be addressed:

2. UKF bofors 'barrage' ability. It hard-counters what is supposed to be a hard counter (AT gun). It needs to go, or get a range nerf so that it can't take out max-range AT guns.

3. UKF Engineers 'half price' vet 3. Prices should never change with vet.

4. OKW FLaK. It gets destroyed by a single shot.

Other than those changes, I'm actually looking forward to testing this out. The OKW changes will be interesting (not sure if good or bad...), but the rest seem to be quite good.

+1 to all these. The Bofors barrage ability is possibly the most ridiculous and blatantly OP thing I've ever seen in CoH. It needs to go full stop. It's funny how Bazooka + LMG (+ Possible Suppress) + Snare + Grenade + Smoke Riflemen blobs are totally fine but Panzerschreck blobs aren't....

22 Apr 2016, 07:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not just the veterancy bonuses; it's that they have those incredibly high bonuses AND can get a ton of AI upgrades. If they were limited to one AI upgrade, it probably wouldn't be a problem. But once late game rolls around you see multiple Vet 3 Dual BAR squads roaming around (yes, even in a close game) wrecking everything.

On top of that due to their large squad size and relatively low reinforce cost, most of the usual counters don't really work. Snipers don't fire fast enough (6 man squads), mortars won't get a wipe since they're too spread out (6 man squad), MGs need a lot of micro/support (smoke), and even vet 3 grens w/ LMGs don't trade well (even at range), despite having a higher base AND reinforce cost while also being having 2 less models.

..But Rifles are 5 man.
22 Apr 2016, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:12 AMKatitof

Better get these spios to vet1 and use med crates.

Its not like you'll need all that muni for shrecks or anything :sibHyena:

So you are telling me other factions can heal easily, with 0 micro at all by leaving a bunker, HQ, unit/ activating an ability at base while OKW must either/ or/ and

A) Get Sturmpio to tier I
B) Continuously bleed ammo to heal
C) Face "soft" tech restrictions to access healing (Fuel is limited :/)
D) Pay significantly more for the same healing
E) Have healing arrive later than every single faction

Yeah, no, will not agree with you here.

22 Apr 2016, 07:19 AM

Seems good but just remove the mine change :/
22 Apr 2016, 07:22 AM

So you are telling me other factions can heal easily, with 0 micro at all by leaving a bunker, HQ, unit/ activating an ability at base while OKW must either/ or/ and

Well, UKF can't heal with 0 micro :snfPeter:

Seriously, if you didn't seen side tech for OKW coming, you must've kept your head in your rear.

Plus, it was NEVER an issue up until now. What about all the people going mechanized first?

You'll just have to

I'm really sorry, but OKW can't be the special snowflake forever, especially now that all the penalties are gone.

Time to make choices instead of rush and spam certain shit :snfPeter:
22 Apr 2016, 07:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

All the healing methods save for UKF seem pretty proportionate to me.

USF: 250 MP, 10 FU
UKF: 30 MU on a unit that you will always have (granted it costs field presence to use by putting the squad out of the fight)
SU: 250 MP
Wehr: 150 MP, 60 MU
OKW: 100 MP, 15 FU

OKW Medical Supplies could probably still use a cost boost though.
PAGES (21)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS