Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
22 Apr 2016, 02:52 AM

pretty sure this was all done after i was gone haha but hell lets blame me for these changes too haha.

Sounds like to CoH2 community to me.
22 Apr 2016, 02:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

pretty sure this was all done after i was gone haha but hell lets blame me for these changes too haha.

Well I mean whatever gets your dick sucked, right?
22 Apr 2016, 03:05 AM

SU-85

• Accuracy from 0.05/0.0375/0.25 to 0.055/0.045/0.04
• Penetration from 200/190/180 to 240/230/220
• Reload increased from 3.8/4.2 to 5.4.
• Target size reduced from 22 to 18
• Rotation rate from 20 to 22
• Cost increases from 340 manpower and 120 fuel to 350 manpower and 130 fuel.
• Veterancy two -30% reload modifier replaced with +30% weapon penetration modifier.

Hmm. I'm definitely going to have to test these changes before I come to a conclusion. Seems like it could be interesting. I appreciate that Relic isn't doing their usual "BUFF EVERYTHING ABOUT IT BY TRIPLE!" approach.

M36 Jackson

• LOS from 35 to 45.

Not sure how necessary this is. Part of the fun of using tank destroyers is the challenge of trying to provide sight for them so they can utilize their long range.

Captain

• Captain no longer comes with free Bazookas. Must either grab them from the weapon rack or purchase them as an upgrade for 80 munitions.

But the free bazookas are all the captain is good for besides On Me!. What differentiates him from a lieutenant now? I don't see how this adds anything to the game. Does this at least mean I can give him BARs now if I want to? Because that would actually be nice.

60mm Mortar

• Added M1 60mm Mortar to USF Starting Building

Praise the gods!

Pioneers

• Can now construct sandbags.

PRAISE THE GODS!

OKW

Battlegroup Headquarters

• Medics must now be purchased as an upgrade. 100 manpower 15 Fuel.

Mechanized Headquarters

• Repair Pioneers must now be purchased as an upgrade. 100 Manpower 15 Fuel.

This seems completely reasonable.

MG34 HMG Team

• Available in the H.Q but requires a Battle Group H.Q or Mechanized H.Q.

Excellent.
nee
22 Apr 2016, 03:09 AM

so when can we try these out? cant find it in workshop
22 Apr 2016, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:09 AMnee
so when can we try these out? cant find it in workshop

I believe it will become available on the 27th.
22 Apr 2016, 03:36 AM

Is this some kind of joke? R.I.P. Axis
aaa
22 Apr 2016, 03:54 AM

Remove all changes to mines plz.
22 Apr 2016, 04:00 AM
Patrion 39

Why the captain and jackson changes?? Seems pretty arbitrary
22 Apr 2016, 04:04 AM
Donator 11

Why the captain and Jackson changes?? Seems pretty arbitrary

Its already pretty weak, if I remember right the jackson has a lower LOS compared to panther pre patch.
While I get the idea the Jackson should be a glass cannon, the low HP, armor, and poor pathfinding, makes using the Jackson very hard to use. Increasing the LOS gives you slightly more time to react oncoming threats and potential path finding issues (such as pop in tank traps)

22 Apr 2016, 04:05 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:05 AMKothre

• Hmm. I'm definitely going to have to test these changes before I come to a conclusion. Seems like it could be interesting. I appreciate that Relic isn't doing their usual "BUFF EVERYTHING ABOUT IT BY TRIPLE!" approach.

Think of the SU85 losing it's massive rof buffs with vet and gaining more pen, since pretty much all these changes are from the competitive mod, I like it. But yes it will be harder to hit but the pen difference is what is the noticeable change.

• Not sure how necessary this is. Part of the fun of using tank destroyers is the challenge of trying to provide sight for them so they can utilize their long range.

Personally I find the jackson somewhat needs it, since it has the lowest HP of all the TDs of it's class, firefly has the higher damage slightly,higher health pool and tulips, SU85 has self spotting but doesn't have a turret, apart from the higher rof the jackson has over the firefly(which is getting a rof buff) it doesn't offer much over the firefly apart from more mobility, but that's just my opinion.

• But the free bazookas are all the captain is good for besides On Me!. What differentiates him from a lieutenant now? I don't see how this adds anything to the game. Does this at least mean I can give him BARs now if I want to? Because that would actually be nice.

You can put duel bars on the Captain if you wish. Yes you still have to buy the zooks for 80 muni (still cheaper then dual zooks from the weapon rack) but whatever this is better or not can be argued, LT probably be the better unit since it uses Rifles as the models while the Captain uses REs

The mortar YES PLEASE, if it's the same stats from the mortar in the competitive mod I'm happy (less damage, less range, but higher rof and accuracy)

All my opinions here are coming from the competitive mod which pretty much all the changes come from.
22 Apr 2016, 04:05 AM

Why the captain and jackson changes?? Seems pretty arbitrary

Directly from Miragefla's balance mod, from which they've been copied

Captain
Removed the starting Bazookas on the Captain squad to allow for light vehicle play to be more effective against USF Captain tech when no Stuarts or 57mm have reached the field. On Me! Also no longer breaks suppression.
On Me! no longer provides suppression resistance to prevent negation of MGs or suppression based platforms, but will break suppression making it ideal for getting units out of suppression or beaking pin status.

-Captain no longer comes with free Bazookas. Must either grab them from the weapon rack or purchase them as an upgrade for 80 munitions.
-On Me! No longer provides suppression immunity for its duration, but will still break suppression.

Jackson
Increased LOS to allow the M36 to better kite, locate and hunt enemy armourwithout boosting its firepower any further.

-LOS from 35 to 45.

I'm assuming relic had a similar idea as Miragefla for the unit's direction.
22 Apr 2016, 04:16 AM

Sorry Brad if it's not your fault.

I'm pretty salty that the game balance feels like a community mod (because it is one) and not a professionally balanced game. It's like Riot games took over the balance.
22 Apr 2016, 04:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:54 AMaaa
Remove all changes to mines plz.

+1
22 Apr 2016, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:36 AMHitman5
Is this some kind of joke? R.I.P. Axis

My thoughts exactly.

Volks faust just like Gren one, that has no snare.
22 Apr 2016, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:05 AMKothre

But the free bazookas are all the captain is good for besides On Me!. What differentiates him from a lieutenant now? I don't see how this adds anything to the game.

You are full of praise for sideteching costs for OKW tech structures, yet you want the free double zooks for the captain when USF tech up.
What good is the battlegroup building without retreat or medics? At least the captain is an elite squad that can contribute to the war effort without any upgrades.
22 Apr 2016, 04:25 AM

Sorry Brad if it's not your fault.

I'm pretty salty that the game balance feels like a community mod (because it is one) and not a professionally balanced game. It's like Riot games took over the balance.

+1
WTF is this? Miragefla unable to ignite demand for his mod even by paying people in competitions, so he's talked his way into changing the whole game structure.
22 Apr 2016, 04:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:25 AMRappy

+1
WTF is this? Miragefla unable to ignite demand for his mod even by paying people in competitions, so he's talked his way into changing the whole game structure.
He probably payed Relic to include this into one of their patches. :foreveralone:
22 Apr 2016, 04:30 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:19 AMRappy

My thoughts exactly.

Volks faust just like Gren one, that has no snare.

You know what really helps? Learning how to read:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241299/april-27th-balance-preview-mod-release-notes#latest

:"Panzerfaust ability added which is unlocked after a truck is built. (Panzerfaust works just like the Grenadier Panzerfaust)"
22 Apr 2016, 04:30 AM

Why miragefla? I doubt 99% of CoH players have even heard of this guy. Hopefully this is the last time Relic does Community "Balance". It's one thing to take suggestions from community but to balance the game on some guy's mod is frankly retarded.
22 Apr 2016, 04:31 AM

I think these changes are worth testing before condemning this hard. Of course the community will never be pleased. The funny thing is a lot of these things are what people have been asking for. Some of these might be a bit overkill, but that is why it is a patch mod first, to test and refine.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS