Jagtiger (range or HE rounds)
WC51
Pathfinders
Greyhound
Possibly t1 M-42
Possible t0 57mm after tech
Ostwind and Centaur cost reduction possibly reduce them by 10fuel
Possible normalization of sniper cloak times
Possibly increase price for Rekten but increase pin or move again to a tier building.
Otherwise people calm down on the salt and tell relic what things need looked at.
22 Apr 2016, 03:22 AM

No, it isnt. OKW is meant to be agressive. If you take that from them, there goes the bite.
If you do take that from them, apply same nerf to UKF

I think it would only be fair to remove forward retreat abilities from all factions, but I would hesitate to apply that change in this impending update, with so many other variables being affected.
22 Apr 2016, 03:24 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:22 AMDaciaJC

I think it would only be fair to remove forward retreat abilities from all factions, but I would hesitate to apply that change in this impending update, with so many other variables being affected.

certainly would be a good idea, Gotta find out what to do with the major, possibly treat him as a sturm officer or something like that.
aaa
22 Apr 2016, 03:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 19:44 PMspajn
anyone who is not even top200 1v1 should not bother posting tbh

+1 Im top 200 with brits now. And brits is not so good faction probably worst one.

22 Apr 2016, 03:37 AM

And USF.

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 01:47 AMVuther

Jason_RE said it'd be all tech tree units. https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/242839/#Comment_242839

""core units" means tech tree units. Not doctrine just to clarify :)"

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!

Assault gun deployed on the front lines EXACTLY when and where I need it?
YES PLEASE :D

Zook/AT Threatening your Schwere Panz Truck?
Queue Obers for some protection!
22 Apr 2016, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 02:58 AMHikuran

I fear such buff wont live till release, it's like a joke to buff Penal like this

Even the wildest thoughts of MissCommissar is still more humble than this....

You know when I first played miragefla's mod I thought the same thing. It was a pretty big shocker to find out that penals can beat grenadiers at long range. o_O

I've played the mod a bit more, and I've gotten around to the idea of penals being better than mainline inf. Early game is their power spike, but at the same time as soon as they're on the field the axis player knows to beeline light vehicles. Despite the buff they still lose to upgraded inf at long range, and thus the assault package turns them into cqc building clearers. At this point they are hardier flamethrower engineers who can wipe squads yet still lose in cqc to dedicated cqc squads and at long range to long range infantry squads. (who would've thought :hansWUT: )

Not to mention going penal route basically forces soviet player to delay tier 3-4 in order to pick up antitank nades or at guns.

Another nice side effect of penal buff is less maxim spam, since now there's an alternative.
22 Apr 2016, 03:52 AM
Donator 11

You know when I first played miragefla's mod I thought the same thing. It was a pretty big shocker to find out that penals can beat grenadiers at long range. o_O

I've played the mod a bit more, and I've gotten around to the idea of penals being better than mainline inf. Early game is their power spike, but at the same time as soon as they're on the field the axis player knows to beeline light vehicles. Despite the buff they still lose to upgraded inf at long range, and thus the assault package turns them into cqc building clearers. At this point they are hardier flamethrower engineers who can wipe squads yet still lose in cqc to dedicated cqc squads and at long range to long range infantry squads. (who would've thought :hansWUT: )

Not to mention going penal route basically forces soviet player to delay tier 3-4 in order to pick up antitank nades or at guns.

Another nice side effect of penal buff is less maxim spam, since now there's an alternative.

I agree, its going to be pretty hard to hold on till you get to those light vehicles but I think its manageable. Stick close to you new mg42 for okw and the standard mg42 for ost and you should be alright. Should be interesting to see them as an almost riflemen squad.
22 Apr 2016, 03:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:52 AMMittens

I agree, its going to be pretty hard to hold on till you get to those light vehicles but I think its manageable. Stick close to you new mg42 for okw and the standard mg42 for ost and you should be alright. Should be interesting to see them as an almost riflemen squad.

Adding MG42 to OKW as stock made me get a boner.
They were seriously lacking in crowd control, and I'd always lose to a grouped oraaa'd Conscripts.
Looks like tables have turned now
22 Apr 2016, 03:57 AM

Adding MG42 to OKW as stock made me get a boner.
They were seriously lacking in crowd control, and I'd always lose to a grouped oraaa'd Conscripts.
Looks like tables have turned now

Sorry, but it looks like the (buffed) MG34 is now stock, not the 42. The 42 is just in place of the 34 in Defensive and Luftwaffe Ground forces doctrines.
22 Apr 2016, 03:59 AM

OKW is gonna suck so much if these changes are implemented.

... So I lose Shreck and have to pay 15 fuel for Medics and in exchange I get a slightly buffed MG34 that arrives, if I go Mechanized, 60 fuel into the game. Yeah. That's real smart. And this is coming from someone who wants to Shreck to go.
22 Apr 2016, 03:59 AM

Sorry, but it looks like the (buffed) MG34 is now stock, not the 42. The 42 is just in place of the 34 in Defensive and Luftwaffe Ground forces doctrines.

If OKW now have their own Mg42, will it be new Vet 4 and Vet5 bonus for them?
22 Apr 2016, 04:02 AM

Since we are changing OKW to Wehr can we give them T2 Pak40 as well?
22 Apr 2016, 04:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 03:59 AMHikuran

If OKW now have their own Mg42, will it be new Vet 4 and Vet5 bonus for them?

I would assume so, unless relic decides to be really lazy and just copy the Ost 42. They might just mimic the MG34 veterancy and apply it to the 42. I'm not sure exactly how it would work out, but it would be a decent stopgap at least.
22 Apr 2016, 04:08 AM
Donator 11

I don't think OKW need a pak40 but a change to the reketen would be pretty nice. Its accuracy seems to be pretty bad up close but at range should still have a slightly hard time. Its stock pen could be increased but the camo already gives you an insta pin.

Its a weird unit to balance as the vet itself makes up for all of its disadvantages it starts with, ROF, accuracy, pen, and even range. Im not rly sure what to do with it tbh

Its a tough thing to fix but shreks cant stay on volks and everyone agrees.
22 Apr 2016, 04:09 AM

Not everyone, only people who don't play OKW like yourself Mittens.
22 Apr 2016, 04:12 AM

These changes are unbelievable. As if the Allies weren't buffed enough they dump a whole lot more on us with an update to the "balance" preview.

WTF USF get mortar AND Pak Howie? Explain to me why they need this?
Let's just give them sniper, emplacements and maybe even schreks too.

How can they nerf Axis so much when they fair so poorly in 2v2? The two factions who do best, SOV and USF are being given a HUGE buff.
22 Apr 2016, 04:13 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:09 AMRappy
Not everyone, only people who don't play OKW like yourself Mittens.

I mainly played OKW in the 4 ESL turnys I played in. While I play a lot of allied AT that by no means makes me out to be unable to provide decent balance feed back.

As I said before the reketen is hard to buff as its stats are fixed with vet and its camo fixes its first shot pen but it needs to be more reliable as an at weapon.

EDIT: First off its not a finished patch.
Second,: the USF mortar (if its the alpha mortar) wont rly do much damage but is there to drop smoke and be a light mortar.
Third:You haven't played this patch and have only seen what they are changing
The changes

EDIT EDIT: Allied tanks are by no means "cheap" they come out around the same time as axis tanks but have opposite benefits such as better AI(hence why the game uses "asymmetrical" balance). OKW doesn't lack hand held at, they still have the pfaust like OST have and they don't get bulldozed as you make it sound, it will require a different way to play and a different state of mind.

Pls stop getting so upset and instead provide other possible changes that could help fix your issue you see with the changes.
22 Apr 2016, 04:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:13 AMMittens

I mainly played OKW in the 4 ESL turnys I played in. While I play a lot of allied AT that by no means makes me out to be unable to provide decent balance feed back.

As I said before the reketen is hard to buff as its stats are fixed with vet and its camo fixes its first shot pen but it needs to be more reliable as an at weapon.
\

To make up for lack of handheld hard AT for OKW, and the constant hoards of cheap allied tanks, the raketen will need to have laser guided missiles as an upgrade. Just don't think anyone has thought this through very well.
22 Apr 2016, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 04:15 AMRappy
\

To make up for lack of handheld hard AT for OKW, and the constant hoards of cheap allied tanks, the raketen will need to have laser guided missiles as an upgrade. Just don't think anyone has thought this through very well.

It's what happens when Relic decides to copy directly out of a balance mod.
22 Apr 2016, 04:25 AM

PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight