Login

russian armor

Another OKW Rework Idea

20 Apr 2016, 10:46 AM

Because OKW remakes are in vogue:

HQ & General:

Increase Kubel fuel cost to 5
Kubel capture rate normalized
Remove Panzershreck from Volksgrenadiers.
Give Volksgrenadiers Panzerwurfmine anti-tank grenades (unlocked at building T1). Can be used at close range to do significant damage to enemy vehicles. Not a snare. Not a heat-seaking/homing weapon.
Sturmpioneer Concussive Grenades unlocked at vet 1 (previously vet 3)
Raketenwerfer cost reduced to 240MP
Sturmpioneer medical supplies munitions cost decreased from 70 to 50
Volksgrenadiers can now build medical supplies
Sturmpioneers no longer require vet 1 to build medical supplies
Decrease Sturmpioneer popcap to 7 from 9
Scavenging crew weapons now gives 15 munitions as opposed to 5 fuel (and more with Improved Salvage)

Battlegroup HQ:

Increase cost of Battlegroup Headquarters to 50 or so fuel
Basically remove Flak Halftrack setup time
Flak Halftrack damage against units in buildings significantly increased
Flak Halftrack accuracy less affected by terrain
Flak Halftrack fuel cost reduced to 40 from 55
Sd.Kfz 251 halftrack added to Battlegroup headquarters. Cannot be upgraded with flame projectors.

Mechanized HQ:

Walking Stuka damage against buildings moderately decreased

Schwerer HQ:

Jagdpanzer IV can now only camouflage while not moving
Decrease Jagdpanzer IV popcap to 12 from 14
Panzer IV back to 135 fuel

Doctrinal:

Increase Panzerfusilier popcap to 7 from 6
Buff MG34 HMG damage and suppression
Buff Flak Emplacement
Buff Assault Artillery
Buff Flammhetzer
Panzerfusilier squad manpower cost increased to 330MP from 290MP
Panzerfusilier G43 package no longer gives increased sight
Fallschrimjager squad spacing increased
Scavenge Artillery can no longer be used in the enemy base sector

New Commander: Assault Infantry Doctrine

0CP - Improved Infantry Weapons: Volksgrenadiers can now be upgraded with MP40 submachineguns and/or Panzershrecks
1CP - Infiltration Grenades
1CP - MG34 HMG Team
3CP - LeIG18s can now fire smoke shells to cover your infantry
8CP - Infantry Assault Artillery. Duration: thirty seconds. While active, all enemy units close to your infantry squads are targeted by an off-map artillery barrage.
20 Apr 2016, 10:48 AM

I have better idea, how about we take kubel off and replace it with MG34 in HQ, which will be unlocked after building T1\T2 and after that we dont touch OKW what so ever.
20 Apr 2016, 10:50 AM

I have better idea, how about we take kubel off and replace it with MG34 in HQ, which will be unlocked after building T1\T2 and after that we dont touch OKW what so ever.
What are you going to do to Luftwaffe and Fortifications then?
20 Apr 2016, 10:52 AM

What are you going to do to Luftwaffe and Fortifications then?

Give it better version of kubel, with damage comparable to US jeep for 10-15 fuel. So it would become harrasment and support unit early on.
20 Apr 2016, 10:55 AM

So in a nutshell

Buffs

- Sturmpio gets abilities earlier, insignificant pop cap change
- Raketenwefer now 240mp
- Flak halftrack buffed in terms of damage and accuracy
- Insignificant reduction in pop cap for Jgdpanzer IV
- Unknown increase to MG-34's power
- Unknown buff to flak emplacement which is normally totally worthless, never used, and will remain useless as long as stupid decrew mechanic which the Brits never suffer from remain

Nerfs

- No more volk shreck
- Kubel cost fuel
- AT nades that does not even home, making it literally useless in 99% of game situation
- Salvage no longer gives fuel
- BG HQ cost increase
- Nerf to Stuka
- Nerf to Jagdpanzer IV
- Blanket nerf to Fusiliers from vision to cost with worthless decrease in pop cap cost

You also want to return shreck to volks in the form of a pay to get doctrine.

HMMMM No thanks?
20 Apr 2016, 10:59 AM

The only and single good way to relace schrecks - give volks 2x panzerbushe upgrade, with 60 damage against armor and 40 damage against inf.

It wont destoy OKW at capabilities against lite armor, but at the same time will make them much less IWIN against tanks. And at the same time, they wont suck ass so badly against inf, because it will increase their AI aswell. Its the easiest and at the same time the safiest change, which would solve a lot of problem, without breaking faction AT capabilities.

Also raketen should be MUCH cheaper or it should stop sucking ass so badly.
20 Apr 2016, 11:07 AM

Why you writing so much about "reworking OKW". Is it really needs reworking so much? It performs well, all units are more or less useful, new tier system is also OK.

Better find in your minds ideas how to rework real broken faction - USSR. T1 - useless, T4 - useless... Something should be done about them first.
20 Apr 2016, 11:08 AM

Why you writing so much about "reworking OKW". Is it really needs reworking so much? It performs well, all units are more or less useful, new tier system is also OK.

Better find in your minds ideas how to rework real broken faction - USSR. T1 - useless, T4 - useless... Something should be done about them first.

Hey miss about the famous axis post you promised?
20 Apr 2016, 11:13 AM

Hey miss about the famous axis post you promised?

I can't find something really specific in axis, that needs threads about. Give me an idea maybe? I wrote about few things of axis already, like Hummels for OKW.
20 Apr 2016, 11:19 AM

I can't find something really specific in axis, that needs threads about. Give me an idea maybe? I wrote about few things of axis already, like Hummels for OKW.

Panzerschreck ,4 man squad ,side tech,vet
20 Apr 2016, 11:26 AM

Panzerschreck ,4 man squad ,side tech,vet

What's wrong with all of that things? Panzerschrecks are awesome. Non-doctrinal, destryoing all possible tanks. Way better than PTRS of USSR, lol. 4 man squads are also not such a big problem. 4 men grenadeers with their combat stats have way bigger firepower, than 6 men conscripts without accuracy and lowest rate of fire. What for axis need also side tech? And veterancy? 5 stars for OKW, ok?

Whatever problem of axis we take - it is not a problem at all, compared with problems of USSR, really.
20 Apr 2016, 12:43 PM

What's wrong with all of that things? Panzerschrecks are awesome. Non-doctrinal, destryoing all possible tanks. Way better than PTRS of USSR, lol. 4 man squads are also not such a big problem. 4 men grenadeers with their combat stats have way bigger firepower, than 6 men conscripts without accuracy and lowest rate of fire. What for axis need also side tech? And veterancy? 5 stars for OKW, ok?

Whatever problem of axis we take - it is not a problem at all, compared with problems of USSR, really.

I did not mean only buff I meant remove sherck from volks revisit vet for werrnacht and volks
Side tech for okw
20 Apr 2016, 13:01 PM

I did not mean only buff I meant remove sherck from volks revisit vet for werrnacht and volks
Side tech for okw

I don't sure, that schreck should be removed from volks... Since OKW's tanks cost a lot and coming too late, OKW needs some AT power for to hold until cavalry arive. Puphen AT is not powerfull enough and suffers from same problems, that Maxim have - platform on wheels. So, let them have schrecks.

Vet for wehrmacht? I don't know, it's well done, I should say. All abilities are useful, bonuses are also good. Something should be changed here you think?

And what side teches OKW needs? I only see possible side teches unlocking flame grenades and schrecks for volks. And not sure, that it can be realised well. What more?
20 Apr 2016, 13:05 PM

I don't sure, that schreck should be removed from volks... Since OKW's tanks cost a lot and coming too late, OKW needs some AT power for to hold until cavalry arive. Puphen AT is not powerfull enough and suffers from same problems, that Maxim have - platform on wheels. So, let them have schrecks.

Vet for wehrmacht? I don't know, it's well done, I should say. All abilities are useful, bonuses are also good. Something should be changed here you think?

And what side teches OKW needs? I only see possible side teches unlocking flame grenades and schrecks for volks. And not sure, that it can be realised well. What more?

Give volks new at give pupchen gren cover
New vet 1 for wer inf (fuck the overpriced useless heal)
Side tech 50 mun for heal flack and repairs
20 Apr 2016, 13:08 PM

I kind of like the doctrine suggestion at the end of the original post.

Reasons:
  • MP40s for Volks are sweet. Plus, OKW has no MP40s at all currently.
  • It adds the HMG34 to another doctrine. If it has to remain doctrinal, than at least it should be in ~33% of doctrines IMO (unique callin infantry in general should be repeated in several doctrines due to the higher doctrine number in CoH 2. Otherwise, they will feel 'pushed aside' and hardly anyone will ever recognize their unique models and voice acting.)

Also, I want to seize this opportunity to advocate Nebelwerfers for future OKW commanders.
20 Apr 2016, 13:09 PM

Give volks new at give pupchen gren cover
New vet 1 for wer inf (fuck the overpriced useless heal)
Side tech 50 mun for heal flack and repairs

Volks with schrecks are fine, green cover is more needed for Maxims, not for Puphens, since they can into stealth.

New vet 1 for wehr? Why, just let med-packs cost 10 muni per use. I should say, that med-packs are not much more useless, than flaremines. At least I use med-packs sometimes, but never flaremines.

Side tech for Truck bonuses is good idea. When I suggested it in official forum few years ago, almost everyone said, that Im retard, noob, L2P... You know, how it happens. Great to see, that people start to understand something, when it was obvious years ago...
20 Apr 2016, 13:23 PM

Your ideas sound crazy at first, but on a second reading they actually do make sense when combined together. You might want to use something like

If I read the general direction of your changes correctly:
- You want to make OKW forces a bit more specialized at what they do (e.g., Volks for AI, Raketens for AT early game)
- You want to remove the extreme reliance of healing to teching (healing kit changes; Brits already have something similar, why not OKW)
- You want to give OKW infantry more field presence vs other infantry (FlakHT buffs, transport HT), since OKW lacks cost-efficient suppression, and OKW will lose the schreck blob (thus, they have to gain something).
- The transport HT will also help making aggressive pushes vs mg-walls, without having to rely on smoke that much.

I think that I like the general direction of your changes, as it will transform the MedHQ from the turtling option to a bona-fide Infantry-based aggression option for OKW (which OKW currently lacks).

However, I will nit-pick on the following details:
Raketenwerfer cost reduced to 240MP

Raketens become beasts when they hit Vet1 (they retain their full movement speed when stealthed). Removing schrecks from Volks may justify increasing the AT efficiency in other sections. However, we don't want a stealthy AT to become -too- spammable. (basically, I should play your version of OKW before I can have an opinion whether 240 MP is too low or not).

Sd.Kfz 251 halftrack added to Battlegroup headquarters. Cannot be upgraded with flame projectors.

Forward retreat points + reinforcement HT might give OKW too much field presence when compared to OST. This might not be a bad thing though as:
- Volks don't have schrecks (thus, you can't defend your FRP as efficiently as before).
- Teching costs to medium tanks are increased.
- OKW lacks proper suppression to prevent aggressive pushes.

Jagdpanzer IV can now only camouflage while not moving
Decrease Jagdpanzer IV popcap to 12 from 14

Basically, JP4 is afflicted by a terrible bug that makes it invisible. The stationary cloak ability is one way to bypass the brokenness bug without having to fix it.

However, even then, I would have to disagree with the Popcap reduction. JP4 starts off on a very strong foot against other tank destroyers (SU85, Firefly, Jackson) in terms of cost-efficiency. Vet1 cloak notwithstanding, JP4 gets extremely powerful veterancy powerful bonuses that radically transform the unit.

Perhaps you might want to argue front-loading some of those Vet bonuses to Vet0?

Buff MG34 HMG damage and suppression

It's almost the same story with this weapon. MG34 starts as the worst MG in the game. However, upon reaching Vet2 it starts out-suppressing more expensive MGs (e.g., Vet3 50cal or Vickers). Perhaps some front-loading of Vet would also help this unit.

New Commander: Assault Infantry Doctrine

I'm not sure I like the idea of a commander that gives OKW everything that they are currently missing :(

(e.g., smoke, schrecks, suppression & all-around Volks)

Finally, there's a few details missing (e.g., Vet5, doctrinal heavies: Command Panther, Jagtiger etc). However, those are mere details that can be ironed out. I think I would like the general feel of the design though.
20 Apr 2016, 15:32 PM

Pass, not enough good changes to out-weigh the bad ones.
21 Apr 2016, 01:51 AM

Basically I really want to get rid of the Volksgrenadier Panzershreck because I think it enables a lot of bad gameplay. (Not saying it's imbalanced, just that it's a bad idea.) Problem is OKW then needs to receive a bunch of buffs (particularly to anti-tank) to compensate.

Changes I also wondered about:

Flak HT cost reduction to ~40 fuel (to compensate Battlegroup cost increase)
Flak HT penetration increase (but worried that doing so will make it too strong against intended counters, like T-70)
Panzer IV fuel cost back to 135 or so (the current 150 is really expensive for a medium and with more expensive Battlegroup it would arrive later)

I have mixed feelings about the FRP. Imo the game's more fun when you can get your guys back into the fight pretty quickly (especially on really big maps), but the FRP does make blobbing much more viable. Also, definitely would not want to remove it unless the American FRP also gets removed.

Also, I think the following changes are basically no-brainers and require no real debate:

- Kubel capture rate normalized
- Walking Stuka damage against buildings moderately decreased
- Buff Flak Emplacement
- Buff Assault Artillery
- Buff Flammhetzer
- Fallschrimjager squad spacing increased
- Scavenge Artillery can no longer be used in the enemy base sector
- Increase Panzerfusilier popcap to 7 from 6 (the current 6 is lower than any other infantry squad right now afaik)
21 Apr 2016, 05:16 AM

I think flamehetzer needs no "power buff", but for god's sake fix the bloody veterancy.

No, it should not completely fry a division of US tanks (not soldiers xD) to get enough experience for vet 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight