Login

russian armor

Basic Top 10 Stats

17 Apr 2016, 21:42 PM

Hi. These can't really compare to the recent stats from SiphonX but I thought a simple average of the Top 10 Ladder stats would be interesting for 2v2.

Win Ratio
UKF USF OKW SOV OST
82% 70% 72% 67% 66%

Win Streak
UKF USF OKW SOV OST
5.3 6.2 4.3 7 3.8

Make of it what you will.
17 Apr 2016, 21:43 PM

Win ratio includes old patches then, I assume?
17 Apr 2016, 22:20 PM

Yes I think so. Smudged a bit by that, but very large statistical base though.
17 Apr 2016, 22:32 PM

Conclusion:

The older the faction is, the less WL ratio it has, because of sheer amount of games played difference.

You can't really compare at all data from different time periods.

Now... about some of the most recent data(aka last 3 days)...

Ost and sov OP, right?
17 Apr 2016, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 22:32 PMKatitof
Conclusion:

The older the faction is, the less WL ratio it has, because of sheer amount of games played difference.

You can't really compare at all data from different time periods.

Now... about some of the most recent data(aka last 3 days)...

Ost and sov OP, right?

I understand about the different timespans but thought it was interesting all the same. Plus the Win Streak is not faction age related.

The stats were about 2v2, not 1v1. So the appropriate chart for Top150 is this:
17 Apr 2016, 23:19 PM

True about the win streak.

Its not faction age related.

In fact, its not related to anything balance.
You can pick time periods when only noobs are online, or you can play 4v4 with a team, have 100 win streaks in both and that still says absolutely nothing about balance or state of the given faction(s).

Win streaks should be seen as just that-win streaks. Nothing more.
17 Apr 2016, 23:23 PM

Man, why do you have to be so defensive all the time? Kind of demonstrates a bias.

Win Streaks might make sense if a trend forms over time checking the stat. It might reveal something about the RNG susceptibility of each faction.
18 Apr 2016, 04:09 AM

Im curious as to what Impact 3 allied factions vs 2 axis factions have on the win/loss ration (or does it even matter?) could that distort stats/can it be accounted for?
18 Apr 2016, 05:22 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

An outdated table with a sample size of 10, perfect for the balance forum. :facepalm:
18 Apr 2016, 06:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 23:10 PMRappy

I understand about the different timespans but thought it was interesting all the same. Plus the Win Streak is not faction age related.

The stats were about 2v2, not 1v1. So the appropriate chart for Top150 is this:

Current 2vs2 meta is spamfest and coordination between teammates to spam more efficiently so I don't really understand the link with the balance thingy.
18 Apr 2016, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2016, 23:23 PMRappy
Man, why do you have to be so defensive all the time? Kind of demonstrates a bias.

Win Streaks might make sense if a trend forms over time checking the stat. It might reveal something about the RNG susceptibility of each faction.

I'm not defensive, but I'd rather people not jerk off and get worked up over statistic that has no relevance and can be altered/manipulated easily by playing at different hours.

We've had this discussion already, win streaks meant nothing back then and they mean nothing today, they are not constant, they are not reliable, they change every single day, unless you don't play at all.

That is not a reliable statistic, that it bullshit and nothing more then players own e-peen indicator-this is the only thing it servers purpose for.

Today you have 100 winstreak, tomorrow you have -1, your WL ratio still is at 65%.
See it now?

Win streaks mean nothing and discussing them is pointless.

Be glad I've completely ignored the of so reliable sample size that is less then statistical error value it should be based upon.
18 Apr 2016, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2016, 07:00 AMKatitof

I'm not defensive, but I'd rather people not jerk off and get worked up over statistic that has no relevance and can be altered/manipulated easily by playing at different hours.

We've had this discussion already, win streaks meant nothing back then and they mean nothing today, they are not constant, they are not reliable, they change every single day, unless you don't play at all.

That is not a reliable statistic, that it bullshit and nothing more then players own e-peen indicator-this is the only thing it servers purpose for.

Today you have 100 winstreak, tomorrow you have -1, your WL ratio still is at 65%.
See it now?

Win streaks mean nothing and discussing them is pointless.

Be glad I've completely ignored the of so reliable sample size that is less then statistical error value it should be based upon.

You clearly don't understand things as well as you think you do. If one faction keeps getting win streaks in the high numbers, whereas other factions average out win streaks at a much lower level, over time you can see what is called a trend. There are numerous reasons why the top ten players of one faction are able to maintain higher win streaks than usually the same ten players with a different faction, but it is far from irrelevant info when combined with a win ratio stat which you easily and ignorantly dismiss as also irrelevant.
18 Apr 2016, 18:42 PM

Im curious as to what Impact 3 allied factions vs 2 axis factions have on the win/loss ration (or does it even matter?) could that distort stats/can it be accounted for?

I don't believe it has any effect. In a 2v2 there are still only 1 or 2 different factions chosen on both sides. The win/loss stat is a percentage of games that faction played. So it shouldn't have any effect. You aren't looking to total all five factions percentage to make 100 if you see what I mean. They don't have to fit into a pie chart. On the other hand, number of games played per week does get split across 3 factions vs 2 so with that stat on coh2chart it does need to be taken into account. In a 2v2 with axis there are three possible team configurations. With allies there are 6.
18 Apr 2016, 19:22 PM
Donator 11

If you take right, small enough amount of statistical data you can proove whatever you want. Thats why Mark Twain once said that there are 3 types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
18 Apr 2016, 21:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2016, 05:22 AMTobis
An outdated table with a sample size of 10, perfect for the balance forum. :facepalm:

If you take right, small enough amount of statistical data you can proove whatever you want. Thats why Mark Twain once said that there are 3 types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Furthermore we are talking about random. Which means that you are paired with noobs and good players, randoms and AT. This kinds of stats says more about the state of the matchmaking system and pool of players than about balance state.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★