Login

russian armor

UKF healing procedure is nonsense

13 Apr 2016, 19:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Why can't we just give them a healing system which does not require micro and additional investments? Upgrading your IS and chasing down the wounded like care-giving puppies is in now way fun. All the other factions have an autonomous medics.

What worse you can't fully heal a heavily wounded unit and there is also a cooldown!!!!!!!!!
13 Apr 2016, 19:31 PM

well if you dont know its the best healing in the game just saying
13 Apr 2016, 19:32 PM

Brits have medics you can get from the airlanding officer glider.

I wouldn't mind if they were added in as T3 upgrade or something to be honest. But current brit healing is fine too. It has pros and cons: it's more micro intensive but it also give you great field presence when paired with a forward assembly.
13 Apr 2016, 19:40 PM

At first I thought the Tommie healing mechanic was tedious and an unnecessary micro burden. Now however, I consider it to be actually superior to other forms of healing. Once you learn to actually consistently use the ability, your potential field-presence increases dramatically. Got into a bad engagement and took a few hits? No worries, hide behind some shot blockers and patch yourself up. Did you have a Tommie squad in a building and it got hit by a mortar round or two? No worries, pop out of the building, activate the medic kits and your unit is good to go. Won an engagement but your unit is too low health to keep on the field? No worries, activate your healing kits and your units can stay on the field! It truly is amazing once you get the hang of it.
13 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM
Donator 11

At first I thought the Tommie healing mechanic was tedious and an unnecessary micro burden. Now however, I consider it to be actually superior to other forms of healing. Once you learn to actually consistently use the ability, your potential field-presence increases dramatically. Got into a bad engagement and took a few hits? No worries, hide behind some shot blockers and patch yourself up. Did you have a Tommie squad in a building and it got hit by a mortar round or two? No worries, pop out of the building, activate the medic kits and your unit is good to go. Won an engagement but your unit is too low health to keep on the field? No worries, activate your healing kits and your units can stay on the field! It truly is amazing once you get the hang of it.

And you never have to retreat the sniper, that is what is really epic about this form of healing.
13 Apr 2016, 19:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Only problem with it is that it doesn't heal all 79 health you could potentially need on a model in one go. Why does the game have to torment me with that slight sliver of health they are missing? Same with Ost and OKW vet 1 healing abilities.
13 Apr 2016, 20:09 PM

And you never have to retreat the sniper, that is what is really epic about this form of healing.

The sniper is actually the one unit where I find it more annoying that you have to have a Tommie squad to heal. More often than not, when your sniper is taking damage, you have to retreat it instantly. Then you have to go find a tommie squad for healing and send it out on the field with low health.
13 Apr 2016, 20:18 PM

The sniper is actually the one unit where I find it more annoying that you have to have a Tommie squad to heal. More often than not, when your sniper is taking damage, you have to retreat it instantly. Then you have to go find a tommie squad for healing and send it out on the field with low health.

just send it to the field run towards a tommie and get healed. but I did kill a UKF sniper while I spot a sq of tommie with almost full health with medic actived, and stay behind. I rushed two 222 in and found the sniper hugging tommies with half health and ate it for breakfast. :sibHyena:
13 Apr 2016, 20:38 PM

Brits healing mechanism is amazing only if your army consists of at least 2 Tommie's. Otherwise the ISs need to be going out of their way too much to heal their comrades. If you're in a team game try using your allies for healing.
13 Apr 2016, 20:44 PM

just send it to the field run towards a tommie and get healed. but I did kill a UKF sniper while I spot a sq of tommie with almost full health with medic actived, and stay behind. I rushed two 222 in and found the sniper hugging tommies with half health and ate it for breakfast. :sibHyena:

You just gave me a good Fanfic idea.
13 Apr 2016, 20:54 PM

It's something Ostheer and American players should learn to do honestly. I've used medkits and the ambulance medic for similar situations.

13 Apr 2016, 20:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Brits healing mechanism is amazing only if your army consists of at least 2 Tommie's. Otherwise the ISs need to be going out of their way too much to heal their comrades. If you're in a team game try using your allies for healing.

This. It's versatile. Not like how the USF ambulance used to be.
If anything needs changing, are the medics from the Vanguard doctrine. You don't need them chasing units away. Pop a button and make them heal on a small area around them while they remain static.
13 Apr 2016, 22:01 PM

The current system it's not horrible, but it should be complemented with a non-doctrinal medic team because during the mid/late game it's just too difficult to micro the healing.

With medics the use of pyrotechnics will increase too, probably. Nowadays I never use it because it just slow down the healing of my squads.
14 Apr 2016, 02:33 AM

You Brits. Not happy with being able to put your feet up and sip tea while your emplacements do all the work, now you want to read the papers while you heal as well?
14 Apr 2016, 03:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This. It's versatile. Not like how the USF ambulance used to be.
If anything needs changing, are the medics from the Vanguard doctrine. You don't need them chasing units away. Pop a button and make them heal on a small area around them while they remain static.

They should all work like that, really. Sure, EF medics don't usually get stuck trying to heal someone and force you to move the squad so they can, but it's a goddamn annoyance when they do.
14 Apr 2016, 03:53 AM

Someone once suggested being able to build Medics from the Forward Assembly... I kind of liked that idea since you don't see a ton of Forward Assemblies unless its part of a Sim City.

Brit healing *is* pretty amazing but it would be nice to make more regular use of the pyrotechnics package too and buildable Medics would let you have more flexibility.
14 Apr 2016, 11:57 AM

I think instead of a healing aura, Brit healing should work like OKW Sturmpio healing, every time you use it your IS put down a medic crate, that way IS can focus on fighting and less tedious micro.
14 Apr 2016, 14:06 PM

I like how the British healing is. I don't know if I would perfer it. But I like it
Kri
14 Apr 2016, 15:01 PM

When I play brit, I play with a USF teammate who gets amberlamps. But I must say, I quite like being able to heal my units wherever I am. Just a shame there is no reinforcement ^^.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 18
United Kingdom 48
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W