Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger Balance for 3v3+

15 Apr 2016, 21:27 PM

I am not sure if you are running a mod, but I literally just launched the game, and the cost for the Jagtiger is:
720MP, 280FU, 21popcap for me.

The values you listed are a bit closer to what the unit cost should have been.

While that's true, we also have to accept the fact that certain units scale way better the more crowded a game-mode becomes:
- Extreme-long range units (basically the TDs)
- All artillery units in general
- Aura units

Now, there's a choice that we need to make:
1. Do we balance everything with 1v1 in mind, and then completely forget about teamgames
2. Do we balance units according to the strongest gamemode they can be featured?
3. Do we introduce different rules for each gamemode?

Most likely, #3 is never going to happen. Therefore, we have to choose between #1 and #2. I'd say that #2 is the best option, since it is our best bet to avoid having broken gamemodes (e.g., Arty Cover/CalliOP fun times). An unfortunate side-effect is that some of the well-scaling units will probably not remain as viable for smaller game-modes.

wow you cant even trust the dataon this site sorry i taken them from the unit guide
800 mp seems fair
18 Apr 2016, 03:41 AM

Snip

Sorry OP, but I'm calling a l2p issue here.
I've lost 2 to the same tactic - one T34 rams, another flanks around me.
JT was so slow it couldnt turn, and no other AT support = gg.

Second time he flanked with 2 Jacksons - thanks to stunned crew, I couldnt even turn it.
18 Apr 2016, 06:55 AM

Well, you're calling it on yourself now.
Why JT was not supported? Why there weren't any volks or puppchens around for the 2 minutes T34/76 needs to destroy it from behind?

Second time he flanked with 2 Jacksons - thanks to stunned crew, I couldnt even turn it.

Same deal.
Had you properly supported it on the most basic level, it'd be impossible to flank it.
Jacksons don't have RoF to keep JT stunned in any noticeable way.

So again, this is L2P issue, but on your part.
Not everyone going against JT can count on it being controlled by a noob who won't be able to support it and not respond to attack at all with the rest of his army.
18 Apr 2016, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2016, 06:55 AMKatitof

Well, you're calling it on yourself now.
Why JT was not supported? Why there weren't any volks or puppchens around for the 2 minutes T34/76 needs to destroy it from behind?

Same deal.
Had you properly supported it on the most basic level, it'd be impossible to flank it.
Jacksons don't have RoF to keep JT stunned in any noticeable way.

So again, this is L2P issue, but on your part.
Not everyone going against JT can count on it being controlled by a noob who won't be able to support it and not respond to attack at all with the rest of his army.

Lol, such is life in the world of 4v4.
Good pointers tho
18 Apr 2016, 11:14 AM

Jagtiger is brainless unit in games 3vs3+ and i like it because why not ? Relic made okw for kids and i don't have any problem with that but yeah it's true that in some maps its instawin when u use it
My best counter for it is tank rush and Air Supremacy Operation.
18 Apr 2016, 14:37 PM

Hmmm...I guess its been a while since I was told L2P, so this was bound to come up.

I don't know how you lost one to a T34 ram, which at best might (small chance) penetrate the front and get a damaged engine, which still leaves the JT to continue to fire.

If you cannot find AT support to deal with 2 T34s in a team game then you have lost already. By that point in the game you should have shreks on 3-4 volks squads, you probably have an AT gun, you may have 1 additional tank yourself (with vet), and any teammate should have anything from 1-4 tanks nearby. Since the enemy has to penetrate into your lines to kill the JT you can lay mines whenever you want, and since you will be floating munitions at this point you should have them everywhere.

I don't mean to sound rude, but before you call me out on L2P, please make sure the scenario you describe is one in which better play is the issue. I and by Mr. Smith's contributions, have laid out a solid argument for why the JT appears to be over performing in its current place.
19 Apr 2016, 03:55 AM

Hmmm...I guess its been a while since I was told L2P, so this was bound to come up.

I don't know how you lost one to a T34 ram, which at best might (small chance) penetrate the front and get a damaged engine, which still leaves the JT to continue to fire.

If you cannot find AT support to deal with 2 T34s in a team game then you have lost already. By that point in the game you should have shreks on 3-4 volks squads, you probably have an AT gun, you may have 1 additional tank yourself (with vet), and any teammate should have anything from 1-4 tanks nearby. Since the enemy has to penetrate into your lines to kill the JT you can lay mines whenever you want, and since you will be floating munitions at this point you should have them everywhere.

I don't mean to sound rude, but before you call me out on L2P, please make sure the scenario you describe is one in which better play is the issue. I and by Mr. Smith's contributions, have laid out a solid argument for why the JT appears to be over performing in its current place.

Again, very valid points. I know it was a L2p issue for me; well more of a l2find_better_team_mates.
The sad/beautiful thing of 4v4 land is, sometimes you are up against 4 players yourself.
At the time I was the only one left determined to see if I can win.
Volks were near death, they had to be retreated. I was floating MP and fuel, thought I'd call in the Jagh to deal with AVRE and Firefly, etc etc, tho at this point I'm making excuses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★