Login

russian armor

calliope = OP

11 Apr 2016, 06:47 AM

Calliope, is it overpowered?
As a German player I would say yes, because it would easily wipe out units in an area when combined with good recon or just blind luck.

But why is it op? Let us compare the Axis rocketwerfer and Allied one.

German: Panzerwerfer 42 and Walking Stuka
Allied: Land Mattress, Katysusha and Calliope.

Let us put cost, tech requirement aside and analyze the basic character of these weapon and you may find one big difference between Allied and Axis
The German one shoot all rockets in one run and make enormous damage in a small radius and the Allied one shoot round in 3-4 rounds, providing constant damage output in a scattered area.

One can never retreat into German rkt killzone unless it's thoughtfully prepared, but into an allied one one will. So it's easy to use, but hard to master. That's why people think it's op, because noobs can handle it well. Stuck and Panzerwerfer, on the other hand, is deadly in hands of pros. I'm not one of them but I have seen the them bringing hell to Allied

So there is really not OP for Calliope or at least that much op, just because Glock is easier to use doesn't mean it's better than Desert Eagle
11 Apr 2016, 06:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 03:35 AMHitman5

I had full map control until he blobs with lmg rifles and then calliope. I completely dominated the game until that. This is why it's so frustrating because you still lose to much less skilled player because of cheese.

So you managed to get full map domination, but failed to field armor in the process?
Doesn't sound like you were that much more skilled then your opponent then.
11 Apr 2016, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 14:12 PMHitman5
seriously lmg rifle blob + calliope = unstoppable USF vs OKW

I had all 3 victory points under control both fuels and completely pushed him off the map then he just get 2 lmg + bazooka blobs and calliopes = gg.

Calliope is ridiculous. it's guaranteed wipe and impossible to counter. the aoe is so huge that even if you retreat you still get wiped.

I do also think that the Calliope is a bit too strong as you have to retreat everything immediately after seeing where the rockets will land to prevent squadwipes.

BUT if you completely pushed him of the map where did he get the ressources for a blob, multiple calliopes and the weapons?

It seems to me that this is clearly a l2p issue. If you hold the WHOLE map as you say, you can simply get 2 Ostwinds + StuGs to kill everything. Your Ostwinds will beat the devil out of his inf and the StuGs can get the Calliope down.

11 Apr 2016, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 03:35 AMHitman5

I had full map control until he blobs with lmg rifles and then calliope. I completely dominated the game until that. This is why it's so frustrating because you still lose to much less skilled player because of cheese.

sounds like tiger ace - huh ?
11 Apr 2016, 19:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is why replays > random story of how you were playing a game.

PD: i think the nerfs were kinda incorrectly implemented but the unit is no longer broken.
11 Apr 2016, 20:56 PM

How about, don't singular blob when Calis are on the field? Lord knows Allies have to do the same when Stukas are. OP, though? Hardly. It got a justified nerf. Further, let me know when a Cali can one shot an Axis tank like the Stuka can.

IMO, this OKW player was relying on the camping ability of cloaked units and the Flak truck while using Shrek blob for AI & AT and got owned accordingly from it with well timed Cali strikes.

11 Apr 2016, 22:45 PM

Calliope. best OP
12 Apr 2016, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 20:56 PMGhostTX
Further, let me know when a Cali can one shot an Axis tank like the Stuka can.

What drugs are you on?
12 Apr 2016, 04:36 AM

only problem I found with Calliope is its health+armor, other rocket base will either die from 1 shot (Katysusha, Panzerwerfer) or 2 shots (Walking Stuka,Sexton), while Calliope can stand at least 4 shots from panther. It is frustrate, today i send my panther circle the map to attack on Calliope, that thing last 4 shots (actually 4 hits and 1 bounce) and still not dead and buy itself enough time to get the USF two Jacksons to comeback to force off my panther. i think it need less to no armor. i am not sure why USF art armor always tougher to kill than other factions, Priest (usually 3-4shots) is like that, now Calliope (lived 4 shots from panther today from my game)
12 Apr 2016, 05:45 AM

today i send my panther circle the map to attack on Calliope, that thing last 4 shots (actually 4 hits and 1 bounce)...

I'm pretty sure the panther can't bounce on calliope, unless there's a mechanic I'm not aware of?
12 Apr 2016, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 14:12 PMHitman5
seriously lmg rifle blob + calliope = unstoppable USF vs OKW

I had all 3 victory points under control both fuels and completely pushed him off the map then he just get 2 lmg + bazooka blobs and calliopes = gg.

Calliope is ridiculous. it's guaranteed wipe and impossible to counter. the aoe is so huge that even if you retreat you still get wiped.

Gonna start using now! germans are to OP and the calliope should honestly be buffed.
12 Apr 2016, 12:58 PM

I'm pretty sure the panther can't bounce on calliope, unless there's a mechanic I'm not aware of?

check the replay sorry it was not bounce it is hitting its ground right at its front thought it was a bounce.
12 Apr 2016, 13:26 PM

Emplacemtns itself are perfectly fine.

Time to take your cancer meds.
12 Apr 2016, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 21:30 PMKatitof

What if I told you that if someone has different opinion then you have on some subject, it doesn't mean his opinion is wrong?

It can't mean he's not wrong and biased.
12 Apr 2016, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 05:12 AMzerocoh
seriously, get good, callies need to fire really close to do any damage, and you need to clump a lot of things to actually lose a unit.

Next time get a panther and chase the calli down, or get 2 pumas.

and for the lmg blob, start using the damn flaktrack for christ sake.

Flaktrack? what are you playing against? AI that can't use a AT gun or bazooka?
12 Apr 2016, 17:37 PM

Flaktrack? what are you playing against? AI that can't use a AT gun or bazooka?

someone skipped the micro class I see...

After vet 1 flaktrack becomes virtually invincible. all you have to do is micro it a little and never put them into reckless danger
12 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 17:37 PMzerocoh

After vet 1 flaktrack becomes virtually invincible. all you have to do is micro it a little and never put them into reckless danger

untill your opponent visited micro class course III "how to make use of attack ground to counter smoke" :snfDevm:
12 Apr 2016, 17:45 PM

untill your opponent visited micro class course III "how to make use of attack ground to counter smoke" :snfDevm:

good luck hitting zookas at max range while supressed with attack ground.

and if you let an AT gun hit your HT you are using it wrong.

Flaktrack will only start to get in danger at the very end game when tank destroyers are on the field, and even then you will have speed and smoke on your side.
12 Apr 2016, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 17:45 PMzerocoh

good luck hitting zookas at max range while supressed with attack ground.

and if you let an AT gun hit your HT you are using it wrong.

Flaktrack will only start to get in danger at the very end game when tank destroyers are on the field, and even then you will have speed and smoke on your side.

OK
12 Apr 2016, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 17:37 PMzerocoh

Oh right. Stuart, 6 Pounder, Bazooka is too hard for your opponent like me to micro?

well, with that win rate and ranking you have. figures.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 60
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment