Login

russian armor

calliope = OP

10 Apr 2016, 17:37 PM

10 Apr 2016, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 16:25 PMHitman5

How are they the same thing? Calliope easily kill any blob and shrek blob is much easier to counter.

Stuka needs skill to use and player has to blob hard for it to be effective. Calliope has much larger aoe + it is on tank chassis.

M1919 blob is much easier to counter than volksblob + something AI (obersoldaten work) that kills tanks and infantry both.

Walking stuka has much larger aoe per rocket than callioppe, callioope cost way more and requires 10 cp so i'd expected from it to be better than cheaper counterparts.
10 Apr 2016, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 16:57 PMHitman5
Solution = damage nerf and either cost increase or to limit one per player.

All inf melt to lmg rifles, obers & falls cannot compete.

lol cost increase i cant take you serious xD calliope is even more expensive than stuka zu fuß (as far as i remember, cant start the game right now) and you want to increase its cost ?!? da troll is real ...

i guess you just got me with your bait ...
10 Apr 2016, 18:55 PM

Sometimes when i need to laugh i look at shi*** threads like this

It make my day all the time :snfPeter:
10 Apr 2016, 18:55 PM

Oh brother, if your losing to a one specific unit ever consider changing your strategy? Maybe consider not shreck blobing so you dont suffer the hard counter?

Most people who start these threads often leave out the part they long lost the match before those units show up on the field. I have a feeling this is no different, you need better map control.
10 Apr 2016, 19:22 PM

The problem is game design not artillery. Look at US vs WM in coh1 for example: typically there would be combined arms but there would still be some people that would spam Volksgrens for example. In those cases the US players skill showed in the form of not losing flamer squads early, getting triage early enough and popping BARs at just the right time. The WM player skill was based on choices like making right choice between investing fuel in vet 3 inf or fast Pumas, not getting caught out of position when the blob comes, making right choice between the 3 doctrines, dodging artillery, focus firing flamer engies first, wiring off the right spots, etc. In COH2 many of those elements that decided skill in the infantry onslaught games are non existent in the case of focus firing flamers, global upgrades vs tech, choosing right of 3 doctrines, focus firing medics. And the elements that do exist in both games play a lesser role like dodging artillery (USF mostly lacks proper on-map artillery and dodging off-map artillery is really easy to dodge due to very long delay and isn't an advanced tactic anymore), also laying wire plays less of a role since fewer squads can do it and it takes a very long time to complete, same idea applies to mines now that I think about it (plus they work very differently but that's another topic).

So when you strip away a lot of those things, 3 factors decide infantry horde battles in COH2. Multi tasking, reaction, and squad wipes. Even if you removed or nerfed the shit out of the "no skill" artillery, you're left with a bunch of ignoramus dweebs that think when their KT or pack howitzer turns the tide by wiping a full max vet squad, that was somehow skill. Every game that comes down to massive blob vs blob scenario tests a very elementary skillset (usually just 95% squad preservation), with or without artillery.
10 Apr 2016, 19:43 PM

And I'm not saying vcoh best coh (even though its true). When the game first came out, before they added in P2W doctrines or Western Blob Armies, the original Soviets vs Ostheer was better than what we have now. Despite some of the flaws like OP T34 ram, OP JU87 strafe, etc. it was still preferable over the pure infantry attrition clashes we have almost 3 years later.

I remember doing very aggressive MG base pins or getting fast PGrens to punish HTD players w/ bundle nades and having a lot of fun back in the day. Now you try to finish off someone early with MGs and they shoot a smoke grenade across the screen and just run straight in with the other 3 squads, or call in a FG42 squad out of a building to force you reposition your .50 cal while the 4 Volks and 2 Obers just run right up the middle. Too forgiving, not very fun.
10 Apr 2016, 19:52 PM

awww sweet jesus this is why I come onto these forums.

The mindless rage...and do I detect the smoky hint of an axis fanboy? This particular vintage is best served with a steaming plate of Git Gud.
10 Apr 2016, 20:06 PM

He has total 17games as allies.
That explains a lot.
10 Apr 2016, 20:11 PM

He has total 17games as allies.
That explains a lot.

And he has the right to make a complaint.
10 Apr 2016, 20:12 PM

And he has the right to make a complaint.

I dont deny his rights. Just poiting lack of objectivism.
10 Apr 2016, 20:14 PM

I dont deny his rights. Just poiting lack of objectivism.

Which you don't have after seeing your posts in the emplacements thread.
10 Apr 2016, 20:15 PM

Emplacemtns itself are perfectly fine.
10 Apr 2016, 21:30 PM

What if I told you that if someone has different opinion then you have on some subject, it doesn't mean his opinion is wrong?
10 Apr 2016, 21:34 PM

shots fired
10 Apr 2016, 21:49 PM

Calliope are just fine, yea it's frustrating seeing a full vetted unit on retreat and you still die to a single rocket. But I don't find them being OP.

Tho someone mentioned that if a calliope is shot at by an AT unit. It should give a weapon damage to it so it would require repairs to fire again

3 of them on certain maps tho are atrocious
11 Apr 2016, 03:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 18:55 PMGenObi
Oh brother, if your losing to a one specific unit ever consider changing your strategy? Maybe consider not shreck blobing so you dont suffer the hard counter?

Most people who start these threads often leave out the part they long lost the match before those units show up on the field. I have a feeling this is no different, you need better map control.

I had full map control until he blobs with lmg rifles and then calliope. I completely dominated the game until that. This is why it's so frustrating because you still lose to much less skilled player because of cheese.
11 Apr 2016, 05:12 AM

seriously, get good, callies need to fire really close to do any damage, and you need to clump a lot of things to actually lose a unit.

Next time get a panther and chase the calli down, or get 2 pumas.

and for the lmg blob, start using the damn flaktrack for christ sake.
11 Apr 2016, 05:39 AM

Calliopes aren't anywhere near as crazy as before the nerf. Now they can't just repair themselves so you need to dedicate something else to keeping them alive/repaired. Before, you'd just hop out of the vehicle during the cooldown to repair. Also the last volley isn't there anymore so it doesnt finish off weapons teams as much. I personally don't see them much anymore.
11 Apr 2016, 06:44 AM

Why didn't you just get some armor?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight