Login

russian armor

Proximity between streamers and Relic development team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
10 Apr 2016, 00:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Does this guy think we are destroying the game with stupid opinions?

Holy fuck, I just realised league of legends has been taking advice on balance from top players. What a joke, I can't believe they would form a relationship with people who know what they are talking about... MIND BLOWN

Actually they're probably an example which would support Longshot_Cobra's argument since its devs basically once said if they think a character wouldn't be very interesting if it appeared on e-sports they'll nerf them so they won't. :facepalm:

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2016, 23:40 PMTobis

Cruzz for Prez

*sniff*

If only.
10 Apr 2016, 00:51 AM

No offence but if relic listened to the people you think are close to Relic we woukd have a a stunning game. Sadly we don't have that influence. I am.sad you think the game is bad because of us because it really isn't

I don't say it's your fault.
I say Relic is way too close to streamers.

Also the reason this game is bad now is because its made to please axis fanbois.
10 Apr 2016, 00:52 AM

:snfPeter: I particularly enjoy comments like "222 got a small health buff" apparently 50% is small now according to one of the well known community members :romeoHype:

I think my personal other favorite from him is "Su-85 isn't RNG dependent, it has a high ROF." It was even more hilarious since I just got out of a game where an SU-85 missed 11 shots in a row against an injured Stug.

That whole 222 thread is the perfect example of why you can't trust mid-levels, the majority of that thread is people asking for more 222 buffs, as if 50% HP and a ninja-buff to cost wasn't enough.
10 Apr 2016, 00:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think my personal other favorite from him is "Su-85 isn't RNG dependent, it has a high ROF." It was even more hilarious since I just got out of a game where an SU-85 missed 11 shots in a row against an injured Stug.

Well see, that's consistent. It quickly fires missing shots all of the time. :luvDerp:
10 Apr 2016, 01:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Also the reason this game is bad now is because its made to please axis fanbois.

Cobra... I'm genuinely sorry if I am being a real asshole. But I promise you. The only reason relic came to us Is because of the hard work we were doing already.

I am a nice guy, but I don't like being demonisedz. relic have had a terrible record of interaction with community and I honestly am so happy they are being more convective with us.

Anything I do with Relic I oromise is 100% in community interest
10 Apr 2016, 01:08 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I've given up so much time and stuff for this community to grow. I've done it for no money or personal gain :(
10 Apr 2016, 01:20 AM

If relic was as close to streamers as you are implying they are, the game would be very, very balanced (and almost completely bug free). Simple fact is, they aren't. There's changes top-tier players/streamers really didn't ask for (AEC buff followed by AEC quadra-nerf), there's bugs that community members have found fixes for (Cruzz's thread), there's maps no one wants to play (back when Struzdorf was in rotation).

Relic does a decent job talking to the community, but they are in no way caving the 'demands' of the community, let alone a small sub-section ("Axis fanbois"). They seem to have their own idea of what CoH2 should be, and are following that idea to a very large degree.

And as for CoH2 being changed to 'please axis fanbois'.... you've seen the brit emplacement commander, right?

10 Apr 2016, 01:22 AM

I know brit = bullshit

but I also know that the game removed 80% of the eastern front theme and made soviets units so weak when they once used to be good.

10 Apr 2016, 02:34 AM

This community is tiny and Relic is an awful developer in terms of responding to community feedback.

A lot of the problems with COH2 have been known for years and years and years. Instead of addressing these issues, they put the poorly designed Brits back in the game, and wasted patches on nonsense like pathfinding which they then had to revert.

How many manhours were put into that patch which they then had to unceremoniously discard?

It's absurd. They laid off everyone involved with the rushed launch of this game and have had a skeleton crew ever since the game launched. These guys don't know anything about the core code so they can't fix anything so they add useless features nobody asked for to justify their pay.

It's so goddamn obvious. And now those bozos are gone too. This game literally has too much junk code to ever fix. At least they could replace cancer cash-in commanders like advanced emplacements but they'll never do that.

Incompetent twats.
10 Apr 2016, 03:06 AM
Patrion 14

Man, I wish this world was perfect.
10 Apr 2016, 03:09 AM
Lead Artist Badge

Dont feed the troll, guys.
10 Apr 2016, 03:55 AM

I love raging retards. Their funny...
10 Apr 2016, 05:47 AM

I know brit = bullshit

but I also know that the game removed 80% of the eastern front theme and made soviets units so weak when they once used to be good.

Admittedly, the single player campaign and overall Soviet design really alienated the Russian market, but I wouldn't say they've removed anything thematically, they've just ignored it almost completely single shortly after release.

I still don't like the focus on Penal Battalions and 'Enemy At the Gates' Stalingrad scenery but that's so much less important than having a strategically and tactically viable faction. And the Soviets in CoH2 have only drifted closer to that over time since release.
10 Apr 2016, 05:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I still don't like the focus on Penal Battalions and 'Enemy At the Gates' Stalingrad scenery but that's so much less important than having a strategically and tactically viable faction. And the Soviets in CoH2 have only drifted closer to that over time since release.

I'd like more focus on them

The kind that'll make them good
10 Apr 2016, 06:15 AM

I agree.

But then again, I say make 'em doctrinal. And put 'em in NKVD Rifle commander.

Put Guards in T1. :foreveralone:
10 Apr 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 00:57 AMVuther

Well see, that's consistent. It quickly fires missing shots all of the time. :luvDerp:

+1, this is very true, its consistently awful
10 Apr 2016, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

If you want to be heard and you realised that relic listens to streamers why won't you just become a streamer? Its free, you know. Its not like relic listens only to guys who have private yacht or something...
10 Apr 2016, 16:34 PM

This thread should have been closed longggg ago.
10 Apr 2016, 20:00 PM

Riddle me this, why on earth would a dev get close with free content content creaters, brand advocates or, you know, people that play the game a lot and know the ins and outs of how it works? Why on earth would they do that? They crazy right? Fucking Relic, reaching out to community representatives and shit!
For those whose iq is smaller than my shoe size, this was sarcasm

Excuse me sir but do you mod? If not then I would suggest not stating that casters know the game's ins and outs, if you don't know the engine, the heart and brain on which the game runs on, then you know nothing. All you know is how and when to use cover, and how and when to build units/use abilities, but how exactly those units and abilities work is of no concern to you probably so no, you don't know the ins and outs of the entire game, you just know how the game works when designed by Relic, a modder can design an entirely different game to theirs on the same engine and when you learn to play it it doesn't mean you know it's ins and outs as well.

If you don't know the engine, the core on which the game runs on, then again, you know nothing, in a few words.
11 Apr 2016, 07:08 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

You can't see why Relic would want to do a feature the winner of the tournament that they funded? Wow
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 18
United Kingdom 46
unknown 4
United States 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias