Login

russian armor

Reduce Braces Effect/ Mortar Pits less accurate

PAGES (10)down
9 Apr 2016, 18:47 PM

An invincibility button shouldn´t come for free. Brace should cost ammunition.

Should retrat cost munition too?
Because this is what brace is for emplacements.
9 Apr 2016, 18:57 PM

Yeah I can click retreat to stop a mid air sturmtiger shot wiping my squad.. oh wait.
9 Apr 2016, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2016, 18:57 PMpugzii

Yeah I can click retreat to stop a mid air sturmtiger shot wiping my squad.. oh wait.

You can however prevent your squad from being in a sturmtiger's line of fire in the first place.

Needless to say, I wholeheartedly disagree with the suggestions.
9 Apr 2016, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2016, 18:57 PMpugzii

Yeah, emplacement escaping to the warp only to appear near HQ, get repaired and use webway back to the place it was sounds better.

Oh wait emplacements can't move at all and still need some form of defense for they get bonus damage from everything that isn't a rifle.
9 Apr 2016, 19:28 PM

Keep telling yourself that. I want to retreat my Pak43 please.
9 Apr 2016, 19:29 PM

Keep telling yourself that. I want to retreat my Pak43 please.

Sure. Just add 75fuel.

I'd pick Pak43 for 500MP any day over 400MP 75F 17pounder.
9 Apr 2016, 19:35 PM

Sure. Just add 75fuel.

Doesn´t matter if it´s after all only the "retreat option" for static units.
9 Apr 2016, 19:37 PM

Sure. Just add 75fuel.

+1

... and when you are at ressources you forgot to mention the pop 8 to pop 20 comparison :-)
9 Apr 2016, 19:40 PM

Sure. Just add 75fuel.

so what about flak emplacement? costs as much as a bofors but has neither brace, no indirect, way lower hp, decrewable etc etc etc xaxaxaxa))
9 Apr 2016, 19:41 PM

so what about flak emplacement? costs as much as a bofors but has neither brace, no indirect, way lower hp, decrewable etc etc etc xaxaxaxa))

I don't think there is a single person in the community who is sane and says okw flak emplacement is fine, so that example makes as much sense as saying that soviet at is fine based on M-42 lolgun.
9 Apr 2016, 19:44 PM

I don't think there is a single person in the community who is sane and says okw flak emplacement is fine, so that example makes as much sense as saying that soviet at is fine based on M-42 lolgun.

and alot of people in the community are saying emplacements are in no way a fun gameplay mechanic (to the point of beeing OP in some cases) except , suprise, for the typical suspiciouses.

what was the point of that reply?:luvDerp:
9 Apr 2016, 19:46 PM

No one ever said that okw flak is fine.

Tho last time I checked, it did not cost 30fuel like bofors.
9 Apr 2016, 19:51 PM

Doesn´t matter if it´s after all only the "retreat option" for static units.

Pak43 cant be killed by attack ground at guns, cant be killed by small arms*, can't be killed by fire*

*just decrewd.

Make 17 pounder impossible to target by AT gun, immue to small arms and just decrewd by fire and we are fine.
9 Apr 2016, 20:03 PM

and alot of people in the community are saying emplacements are in no way a fun gameplay mechanic (to the point of beeing OP in some cases) except , suprise, for the typical suspiciouses.

what was the point of that reply?:luvDerp:

A lot of people in the community are saying shreck volks are cancer and no fun to play against too, but I don't see them going anywhere soon. :snfPeter:
9 Apr 2016, 20:03 PM

A lot of people in the community are saying shreck volks are cancer and no fun to play against too, but I don't see them going anywhere soon. :snfPeter:

shrek volks are cancer, what does that change about emplacements? huh?:huhsign:
9 Apr 2016, 20:13 PM

Yeah, emplacement escaping to the warp only to appear near HQ, get repaired and use webway back to the place it was sounds better.

Oh wait emplacements can't move at all and still need some form of defense for they get bonus damage from everything that isn't a rifle.

It already has alien technology, we might as well take it a step further. Still, brace is not an emplacement version of retreat.
9 Apr 2016, 20:26 PM

Hmm, retreat is a temporary way to prevent your squad from getting wiped, but its not 100% safe.

Brace is a temporary way to prevent your emplacement from getting wiped, but its not 100% safe(90% :snfPeter: and you're still in the same spot after it ends).

Yup, doesn't sound like it has pretty much the same purpose at all.
9 Apr 2016, 20:39 PM

Main issue with mortar pit (disregarding THAT doctrine) is that the auto-fire is essentially better than barrage in every way. Not controlling a unit should NEVER. EVER. be better than controlling it manually. Reduce it's range/RoF a bit when auto-firing, keep (or even slightly buff) its stats when manually barraging (attack ground should be somewhere in the middle?).

Hmm, retreat is a temporary way to prevent your squad from getting wiped, but its not 100% safe.

Brace is a temporary way to prevent your emplacement from getting wiped, but its not 100% safe(90% :snfPeter: and you're still in the same spot after it ends).

Yup, doesn't sound like it has pretty much the same purpose at all.

Retreat causes your unit to run all the way across the map back to your base, and is probably used when its down a few models. Retreat a squad at half HP? Probably going to take 15s to get to base, another 45s to reinforce/heal (+MP cost), and another 45s to get back to where it was on the map.

Brace gives your mortar pit a massive HP/armor buff for a period of time (20s? Can't remember). During that period of time, it can be repaired. After that period of time, it's exactly where you left it, right in combat - possibly back at full HP.

One of these abilities is much better than the other.

Also the whole "but it needs a retreat or I might lose it" is such a weak excuse - that's how emplacements/buildings work. They're strong when defended, but can be lost when over-run. As far as I'm concerned, if your mortar gets overrun, it's your problem - it was badly placed/poorly defended/etc.

Meanwhile axis emplacements can be decrewed by a single unit, taken over, and used by the enemy - OR flat out destroyed. No 'brace', no 'super brace armor', no repair stations. Just micro and macro. The way it SHOULD be.

9 Apr 2016, 20:42 PM

Main issue with mortar pit (disregarding THAT doctrine) is that the auto-fire is essentially better than barrage in every way. Not controlling a unit should NEVER. EVER. be better than controlling it manually. Reduce it's range/RoF a bit when auto-firing, keep (or even slightly buff) its stats when manually barraging (attack ground should be somewhere in the middle?).

Auto fire needs vision, barrage is for structures and out of vision.

All mortars can be used this way. Not just emplacement.

It's hilarious contrasting this thread with the threads from a few months ago. Nothing has changed about these units except one commander can spend 75 munitions to make their emplacements more durable.
9 Apr 2016, 21:01 PM

Sure. Just add 75fuel.

i hate that pak43 can shoot through objects some retard monkey add this feature to pak
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS