Login

russian armor

Emplacements currently

8 Apr 2016, 08:21 AM

Emplacements and that one commander killed the game. It's stupid.
One can spam emplacements and still roll out Crom's fairly early in the game.

It has no downside at all.
8 Apr 2016, 11:21 AM

Emplacements and that one commander killed the game. It's stupid.
One can spam emplacements and still roll out Crom's fairly early in the game.

It has no downside at all.

Hmmm ability to move around the map? :P

It's not fun to play (for me) agasint Volks + Fusiliers blob. Shall we nerf them to the ground or remove?

Most of the time emplacement going down really fast.
If they don't becasue of forward assembly of REs repairng it, it means, that you enemy just spent 400MP for Pit and 450MP for assmelby and repairs. I expect that 400MP unit with another 450MP investment to make to more durable will not fall aprat in few seconds.

Personally, I ve never complained about playing agasint sim city. Instead Im trying to turn it in my favour and veto maps like crossing which can be cancerous.

But when Im playing sim city, 7/10 times I see 4 volks blob getting smashed by pit or blobbed straight into boforos and then Im called X or Y becasue my enem thought he can blob as usual without any losses.
8 Apr 2016, 12:25 PM

Emplacements are 'meh' in 1v1. Learning how to countering emplacements is basically a trick that you need to learn. Once you know how to counter them, there is little that the emplacement player can do to stop you from countering them.

The only scenario where emplacements are OP is on narrow 2v2 maps. However, narrow 2v2 maps are a nightmare in terms of balance anyway because they do not allow for flanking and are always about players going head-to-head. Many units that require flanking to use properly like the T34/76 or Thompson paratroopers are completely unviable on narrow 2v2 maps, and long range units such as snipers and Jagdtigers are extremely hard to counter on this type of map. Therefore, it's best to just veto these kinds of map anyway.
8 Apr 2016, 12:45 PM
Donator 11

New emplacement commander is a disease. Can't be countered in 2v2s and up.

Let me explain...

Once you try to use indirect fire to take out their emplacements they just counter barrage you, walk At guns up to said indirect units or infantry and force a retreat. Oh and if you had static defences setup they'll hq arty (FREE, no munitions required for this gem) the crap out of them rendering your defences useless.

Anyone that says emplacements are fine right now are either low level ranked or extreme allied players.

1v1s is more balanced though.
8 Apr 2016, 12:47 PM

Emplacements are cancer on specific maps, like in road to Kharkov. It's easy to lock down certain lanes.
8 Apr 2016, 13:00 PM

New emplacement commander is a disease. Can't be countered in 2v2s and up.

Let me explain...

Once you try to use indirect fire to take out their emplacements they just counter barrage you, walk At guns up to said indirect units or infantry and force a retreat. Oh and if you had static defences setup they'll hq arty (FREE, no munitions required for this gem) the crap out of them rendering your defences useless.

Anyone that says emplacements are fine right now are either low level ranked or extreme allied players.

1v1s is more balanced though.

That's the problem with free counter barrage, not emplacements.
8 Apr 2016, 13:32 PM

Hmmm ability to move around the map? :P

It's not fun to play (for me) agasint Volks + Fusiliers blob. Shall we nerf them to the ground or remove?

Most of the time emplacement going down really fast.
If they don't becasue of forward assembly of REs repairng it, it means, that you enemy just spent 400MP for Pit and 450MP for assmelby and repairs. I expect that 400MP unit with another 450MP investment to make to more durable will not fall aprat in few seconds.

Personally, I ve never complained about playing agasint sim city. Instead Im trying to turn it in my favour and veto maps like crossing which can be cancerous.

But when Im playing sim city, 7/10 times I see 4 volks blob getting smashed by pit or blobbed straight into boforos and then Im called X or Y becasue my enem thought he can blob as usual without any losses.

I won't go in details, but it has in fact killed the game for me. I'm not playing it since these commanders came out. I find it utterly crappy designed.
It can be fun for other people, but for me (and no one has to agree), it's just a bunch of bulshit.
8 Apr 2016, 13:51 PM

I would say the okw has no way countering emplacements from the cancer commander. leigh get will get shot by the arty return fire while the stuka simply doesnt do enough damage .In fact i have seen an upgraded emplacement take 3 stuka attacks without brace.

Ostheer mt-ht makes short work of any emplacement however.

I would say this has become so problematic that i would suggest that stuka incendiary barrage is moved to vet 1
8 Apr 2016, 13:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Step by step fix for the balance team:

• Remove brace
  • Reduce their cost to 240 MP for the pit and 380/25 for Bohohors (No teching requirement)
8 Apr 2016, 14:00 PM

Maybe i am alone, but i don't like to use emplacements. Replace mortar pit with mobile mortar and add undoctrinal 25 pounder as buildable static howitzer, that will cover lack of mid-late game artillery.
8 Apr 2016, 15:05 PM

They're not viable in 1v1, except for mortar pit.
I can see them being a problem in team games though.
8 Apr 2016, 15:13 PM

Guess you dont understand this is perhaps the only valid tactic the okw has against emplacements.
8 Apr 2016, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 15:13 PMZyllen

Guess you dont understand this is perhaps the only valid tactic the okw has against emplacements.

Blobbing volks into bofors is the only valid tactic agasint emplacements? Well, no wonder people whine about them if they do such all the time :foreveralone:

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 13:51 PMZyllen
I would say the okw has no way countering emplacements from the cancer commander. leigh get will get shot by the arty return fire while the stuka simply doesnt do enough damage .In fact i have seen an upgraded emplacement take 3 stuka attacks without brace.

Ostheer mt-ht makes short work of any emplacement however.

I would say this has become so problematic that i would suggest that stuka incendiary barrage is moved to vet 1

You haven't becasue even upgraded it dies to 2 barrages. Sometimes it can survive if shells will land badly but it will never survuve 3 barrages without brace or repairs.
8 Apr 2016, 16:22 PM

Gardening remove them and buff brits accordingly, i am sick of losing full health lmg grens to one shots from mortar pits.
wsh
8 Apr 2016, 16:44 PM

I greatly dislike emplacements and I feel that they have made the game much less fun (specifically in 2v2 on most maps, and on basically all 3v3 and 4v4 maps).

Problems from a game design and balance perspective:
1) They encourage static, artillery-based game play. Gone are the wide ranging flanks, dynamic maneuvers, fast-paced battles.

2) No hard counter. Most units in COH2 have something they are weak against. With brace, emplacements are very difficult to destroy. So for a Brit, they have little strategic reason to choose something other than an emplacement, while for the German factions they have to rely on baiting the brace and then striking when the emplacement is unsupported. So there is only 1 viable play-style to fight both with and against bofors and mortar pits.

3) Balance - the most mind-boggling thing for me is that a bofors can barrage and kill an AT gun that is firing at it through the fog of war.

These points do not really apply in 1v1 since in that match-up, spamming is less viable and the German can double-down on other areas of the map until later in the game.
8 Apr 2016, 17:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hmmm how about this:
-mortar emplacement been locked down on tech instead of the AEC
-flare usage improved (increased throw range)
-counterbarrage requiring munition to activate or make it timed limited

PD: emplacement are cancer on certain 2v2+ maps. But too many other things are cancer on this maps as well.
8 Apr 2016, 17:33 PM

To be honest, before Brits alpha I was almost sure that Hammer/Anvil upgrade would mean Mortar Pit/Regular Mortar Bofors/Centaur or 17Pounder/Firefly. That would solve many issues.

Still, FRPs are the biggest cancer.
8 Apr 2016, 17:34 PM

Remove emplacements. Make Brits non-doc units viable. Ez.

8 Apr 2016, 18:20 PM

Hmmm how about this:
-mortar emplacement been locked down on tech instead of the AEC
-flare usage improved (increased throw range)
-counterbarrage requiring munition to activate or make it timed limited

PD: emplacement are cancer on certain 2v2+ maps. But too many other things are cancer on this maps as well.

You missed the part where brits are the only army in game with no stock indirect fire if you don't want to be rolled over by lights.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★