Login

russian armor

Emplacements currently

8 Apr 2016, 18:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You missed the part where brits are the only army in game with no stock indirect fire if you don't want to be rolled over by lights.

Improve flare/Pounder performance. Give them a freaking mobile mortar.

-Emplacement on 1v1 are not an issue.
-Simcity on 2v2+ are cancer on certain maps. Mortarpits by themselves are not an issue.
-Bofor + Mortar pit + Stand fast/Emplacement commander drags the game for way too much time on which you don't want to face the enemy till you get a proper army comp and you can roll over the emplacement on one swift blitz. Almost 0 interaction between armies.
8 Apr 2016, 18:38 PM

Improve flare/Pounder performance. Give them a freaking mobile mortar.

-Emplacement on 1v1 are not an issue.
-Simcity on 2v2+ are cancer on certain maps. Mortarpits by themselves are not an issue.
-Bofor + Mortar pit + Stand fast/Emplacement commander drags the game for way too much time on which you don't want to face the enemy till you get a proper army comp and you can roll over the emplacement on one swift blitz. Almost 0 interaction between armies.

You know, similar thing can be applied to, for example, mobile defense. You almost rolled over enemy but then Puma hits the field to save the day and the game which should be already over, is going to be much longer.

Improving pounder performace won't change a thing if pounder is all AT you can get.
One bad postion and it's gone to 222 or Luchs.
Imagine if Ostheer did not have pzfasut on Grens, nor schrecks or PzGrens, nor 222. Just Pak40.
8 Apr 2016, 19:11 PM

I think the problem in 2v2+ games is that axis (esp okw) does not have any good counter to sim city. Stuka's damage and recharge time is meh (getting 3 means 300 fuel and still the damage is meh) and LEIG gets owned by counter barrage or bofors indirect fire or mortars.

My solution to this problem- Reduce the cost of bofors and make them do no damage to light tanks like puma or luchs so that okw can actually control some map early game. Right now okw gotta wait for a panther or something to counter it. Brits can always have an AT or piats to stop light tanks while bofor keeps owning infantry. So both side factions will have a chance and it will come down to your skills.
8 Apr 2016, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 19:11 PMClick
I think the problem in 2v2+ games is that axis (esp okw) does not have any good counter to sim city. Stuka's damage and recharge time is meh (getting 3 means 300 fuel and still the damage is meh) and LEIG gets owned by counter barrage or bofors indirect fire or mortars.

My solution to this problem- Reduce the cost of bofors and make them do no damage to light tanks like puma or luchs so that okw can actually control some map early game. Right now okw gotta wait for a panther or something to counter it.

2 OKW players can get 2 stukas easily. Then just force to brace, wait until it's done and 2 barrages will kill any emplacement 3/4 times.
8 Apr 2016, 19:18 PM

2 OKW players can get 2 stukas easily. Then just force to brace, wait until it's done and 2 barrages will kill any emplacement 3/4 times.

It doesn't work. Brace and that additional health plus repair by sim city commander heals it quickly. Counter barrage can even destroy a stuka while it is firing (maybe rng but it does happen). 2 stukas also means having less armor on the field and 2 Cromwell by your opponents is a gg. Plus okw does not have mgs to stop the march of infantry that can own okw infantry early game pretty easily.
8 Apr 2016, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 19:18 PMClick

It doesn't work. Brace and that additional health plus repair by sim city commander heals it quickly. 2 stukas also means having less armor on the field and 2 Cromwell by opponent is a gg. Plus okw does not have mgs to stop the march of infantry that can own okw infantry early game pretty easily.

It does. Brace means nothing, you force to brace and wait for the CD so he cant brace. I also doubt how anyone can repair in matter of a few second between 2 salvos.

Cromwell will do nothing if you put 2-3 mines + your volks blob defending Stuka.
8 Apr 2016, 19:23 PM

It does. Brace means nothing, you force to brace and wait for the CD so he cant brace. I also doubt how anyone can repair in matter of a few second between 2 salvos.

Cromwell will do nothing if you put 2-3 mines + your volks blob defending Stuka.

Lol...wut?

Gimme dat what you smoke fam :sibPheasant:
8 Apr 2016, 19:29 PM

Blobbing is a dumb tactic that should not be incentivised and you shouldnt have to buy 2 stukas to counter emplacements because it they are far more expensive than the emplacments and you wont be able to buy any tanks for yourself while they have their own tanks despite you only having rocket trucks to try to counter their emplacements.
8 Apr 2016, 19:30 PM

It does. Brace means nothing, you force to brace and wait for the CD so he cant brace. I also doubt how anyone can repairs in matter of a few second between 2 salvos.

90 munition to shreks and I need at least 3-4 to actually kill a tank that might have a support of IS and then mines costing 30 munition. Also are we gonna ignore the fact that almost every decent player has a minesweeper followed by tanks and infantry unit when he is charging to destroy your Stukas or wefers? In team games, bofors and mortars completely lock down an area and if someone is spamming them while other is focused on mobility then it is hard to counter. Brits usually brace when they hear stuka (infantry/light tanks will not force the brace), so I waste one strike to get the brace and then fire another to lower the (sim city's health buffed emplacements) health to maybe half? By the time stuka recharges, his IS squad and auto repair will get it up and running again. Brits do spread the emplacements and hitting all of them is not easy early game.
8 Apr 2016, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 19:30 PMClick

90 munition to shreks and I need at least 3-4 to actually kill a tank that might have a support of IS and then mines costing 30 munition. Also are we gonna ignore the fact that almost every decent player has a minesweeper followed by tanks and infantry unit when he is charging to destroy your Stukas or wefers? In team games, bofors and mortars completely lock down an area and if someone is spamming them while other is focused on mobility then it is hard to counter. Brits usually brace when they hear stuka (infantry/light tanks will not force the brace), so I waste one strike to get the brace and then fire another to lower the (sim city's health buffed emplacements) health to maybe half? By the time stuka recharges, his IS squad and auto repair will get it up and running again. Brits do spread the emplacements and hitting all of them is not easy early game.

+1 well said
8 Apr 2016, 19:58 PM

Lol...wut?

Gimme dat what you smoke fam :sibPheasant:

Wut what? Don't belive that 2 salvos can kill even upgraded bofors?
8 Apr 2016, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 19:30 PMClick

I stopped reading when I read that you gonna force brace with stuka :facepalm:
8 Apr 2016, 20:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You know, similar thing can be applied to, for example, mobile defense. You almost rolled over enemy but then Puma hits the field to save the day and the game which should be already over, is going to be much longer.

Are you really comparing a light vehicle AT with simcity play? OH Puma won't magically one shot last member of a squad nor it would threat your infantry besides light harassment. I'll rather fight someone who proactively tries to hold the line with combined arms rather than hold the ground and just try to keep their emplacements alive.

Improving pounder performace won't change a thing if pounder is all AT you can get.
One bad postion and it's gone to 222 or Luchs.
Imagine if Ostheer did not have pzfasut on Grens, nor schrecks or PzGrens, nor 222. Just Pak40.

Talking about base Howitzers. Regarding having a proper source of indirect fire if mortar pits would be hidden behind tech instead of the AeC.

As i said, on their own, both can be countered easily. Mortar pits can be pushed by infantry and Bofors can be outdps by indirect fire/AT gun play, been careful between it's barrages.
8 Apr 2016, 20:30 PM

I stopped reading when I read that you gonna force brace with stuka :facepalm:

It happens when people are out of ans to certain questions.
8 Apr 2016, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 20:30 PMClick

It happens when people are out of ans to certain questions.

It's just your broken logic.

2 stukas can kill emplacement. All you need to do is to force brace. So what do you do? Use stuka to force brace and then use another stuka after brace? :facepalm:
8 Apr 2016, 20:43 PM

It's just your broken logic.

2 stukas can kill emplacement. All you need to do is to force brace. So what do you do? Use stuka to force brace and then use another stuka after brace? :facepalm:

I want you to show me how to get 2 bofors (main priority) and 2 mortars with auto repair unit around them into brace without using 1 stuka strike. 2nd strike will come after the cooldown but it won't kill it if that what you mean. Also I am open to suggestions from pros so please tell me so that I can learn.
8 Apr 2016, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 20:43 PMClick

I want you to show me how to get 2 bofors and 2 mortars with auto repair unit around them into brace without using 1 stuka strike. 2nd strike will come after the cooldown but it won't kill it if that what you mean. Also I am open to suggestions from pros so please tell me so that I can learn.

Ever heard of ISGs? Incendiary nades? Infiltration nades? Jadgpanzer 4? Off maps? Falls? Jaegers? As double OKW where one is going med+rep, second rep+schwerer, try to use the best option which depends on a map and placement of emplacements to force brace, wait until CD and fire 2 stukas.
If you have good micro (you won't let your enemy crush your volks with cromwell) you gonna do fine against it.
8 Apr 2016, 21:01 PM

Ever heard of ISGs? Incendiary nades? Infiltration nades? Jadgpanzer 4? Off maps? Falls? Jaegers? As double OKW where one is going med+rep, second rep+schwerer, try to use the best option which depends on a map and placement of emplacements to force brace, wait until CD and fire 2 stukas.
If you have good micro (you won't let your enemy crush your volks with cromwell) you gonna do fine against it.

If I am going stukas then it means ISG won't come out early and late game they will get outranged by mortars. Nades means charging infantry into 2 bofors so I have to get my infantry owned to get something into brace? What design logic is this? 2 Stukas mean 200 fuel and 120 fuel for flak truck and then 135 for jagdpanzer...how quickly can an okw guy get it? Falls and Jaegers can get a bofor into a brace? Wow. Why are you assuming that every one plays with a friend in a team game and your random will go a truck that you didn't go? Even then 2 Cromwell will own okw because LEIG also cost 330 manpower and limit your infantry units. Cromwell will never come alone to kill stukas and his support along with cromwell will crush volks. So what should I do now? I don't have enough munitions because shreks cost 90 munitions and points are taken by emplacements.

Sim city commander goes like 2-3 IS, bofors and mortars and cromwells...Even in a team game, you are fighting 1v1 sometimes and you can't counter such things as an okw.
8 Apr 2016, 21:02 PM

I once build 3 mortars double bofors 5 repair forward assemblies. Whole enemy team tried to bombard this with something like 3 stukas, static arty and several panzerwerfers with 0 result.

Meanwhile i still made most kills and damage.

Balanced and skilled gameplay, lads.

I even stopped playing random allies bcs of this BS, hightly-skilled british player, which tries to play infantry game is basically worse than trash noob who knows how properly abuse cancer to its full glory.
8 Apr 2016, 21:05 PM

I once build 3 mortars double bofors 5 repair forward assemblies. Whole enemy team tried to bombard this with something like 3 stukas, static arty and several panzerwerfers with 0 result.

Meanwhile i still made most kills and damage.

Balanced and skilled gameplay, lads.

This. +10000
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 65
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %