Login

russian armor

Best USF Elite infantry?

6 Apr 2016, 08:37 AM

My vote goes to Thompson Paratroopers. While they are not the best all-round, Thompson Paratroopers are the best (deep-) flanking squad in the game. If you can get them between an enemy squad and their base, they will cut the enemy squad down on retreat almost every time, even when they still have a lot of HP left. This is because the Tactical Advance ability just gives an insane DPS boost.
6 Apr 2016, 09:05 AM
6 Apr 2016, 09:46 AM

Back in the days I thought that Pathfinders with that triple bulletin were quite strong. I don´t know what changed, that I barely see this any more.

Nowadays I would go with Rangers though.

^
Also that gif is not cool if the story they told about him in BoB is actually true.
6 Apr 2016, 10:09 AM

I wanted to vote for Assault Engineer ;__;
6 Apr 2016, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2016, 23:57 PMVuther
This was really just an excuse for you post gifs of your favourite American WW2 visual media wasn't it

Exactly. Btw I enjoyed the GIFs, so thanks!
6 Apr 2016, 14:19 PM

Elite vehicle crews, I had one squad in an immobilized EZ8 on a crossroads VP survive forever against Ostruppen spam. Eventually a fucking sniper killed them though

made in hollywood!
6 Apr 2016, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2016, 23:57 PMVuther
This was really just an excuse for you post gifs of your favourite American WW2 visual media wasn't it

POSSIBLY :snfPeter:

This thread.
6 Apr 2016, 14:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Back in the days I thought that Pathfinders with that triple bulletin were quite strong. I don´t know what changed, that I barely see this any more.

Nowadays I would go with Rangers though.

^
Also that gif is not cool if the story they told about him in BoB is actually true.

How? First off the story from the movie was more like a rumor between the soldiers as to what happened, since apparently no one actually saw it.

assuming the gif is even true(because it was just one of the rumor flashbacks) Let's use our heads here. Context. A bunch of PARATROOPERS behind enemy lines. Outnumbered to fuck, supplies and shit scattered everywhere. Cutoff from everything for the foreseeable moment.

SOMEONE took some prisoners. more than they can handle, for reasons stated above. Before they move out to accomplish one of their critical objectives, they kill them off. Possibly inhumanely. Possibly not. Maybe he didn't kill anyone at all. No one even knows.

Inhumane or not,

Was he supposed to hand cuff them, and leave them there with no one watching them? Was he supposed to let them go? Did you watch saving private Ryan where they let some German pow guy go and he came back and killed the same guys that let him go? Should they Leave them for the French partisans to get? Leave them for the Germans to recapture?(How did Germans treat recaptured POWs... Probably not that well I'd imagine if they were somewhat like the Soviets)

Should he turn them into the local French police department? I mean What do you do in that situation? It's a war, not pretty but it was the most logical thing to do ignoring the way it was portrayed in the movie.

I don't mean to turn this into a WW2 morality discussion over a gif, that didn't even show what you're talking about, but you triggered me with that.
6 Apr 2016, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 07:37 AMwouren

Is it possible to upgrade thomsons on the rangers, and then immediately get three weapons while the upgrade is loading?

I think you can get 1 more weapon, because I've picked up shrecks with thompson rangers before exclusively to deny them from an enemy, but after that I think they were unable to acquire more weapons.
6 Apr 2016, 15:15 PM

How? First off the story from the movie was more like a rumor between the soldiers as to what happened, since apparently no one actually saw it.

assuming the gif is even true(because it was just one of the rumor flashbacks)

if the story they told about him in BoB is actually true.

Was he supposed to hand cuff them, and leave them there with no one watching them? Was he supposed to let them go?
Actually you are supposed to let them go. Everything else is a war crime. It´s kind of sick to see you defend such a thing. But just so you can feel how distasteful this is: I´m sure you heard of the Malmedy massacre Kampfgruppe Peiper committed? That was also because they were supposed to advance fast. The prisoners were a burden. Doesn´t make it any less perverted. Everyone who does such a thing to soldiers deserves to be hung from the next tree, be it the murderers from Malmedy or Lt. Speirs. For the latter we could consider the benefit of doubt of course. Yet the gif depicting that supposed crime... him shooting unarmed guys is still shit.

a gif, that didn't even show what you're talking about
That is exactly the scene where he shoots the POWs. You might notice the kneeling German.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZl32NnIrs
6 Apr 2016, 15:15 PM

Vet 3 RE with zooks when they use to be cheaper and got 5th man at vet 2
6 Apr 2016, 15:44 PM
Patrion 14

You forgot to list the best infantry unit for USF so I cannot vote for it ;)

The best elite infantry unit is a recon paratrooper with thompsons (you need to be lucky to get one 25% chance, thanks RNG) with 2 bars (3 thompsons, 2 bars and one carbine) :D

Massive firepower, nade and the ability to lay mines :D

If only the commander wasn't completely useless and the part that isn't useless or under-performing is rng based.

Why isn't the major on this list?

But in all seriousness,

Is it possible to upgrade thomsons on the rangers, and then immediately get three weapons while the upgrade is loading?

No, it isn't. But you can get 1 additional weapon.
6 Apr 2016, 15:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZl32NnIrs

6 Apr 2016, 15:46 PM

Why isn't the major on this list?

But in all seriousness,

Can someone test this, pleaaaaaaaaase
6 Apr 2016, 15:52 PM
Patrion 14

Can someone test this, pleaaaaaaaaase

It was never possible for airborne and it isn't possible for rangers either. And before someone asks, no, you also cannot give your medics 2 bars, I tried ;)
6 Apr 2016, 15:55 PM

It was never possible for airborne and it isn't possible for rangers either. And before someone asks, no, you also cannot give your medics 2 bars, I tried ;)

- I understimated Lelic on that point :p

- Double upgrade is still a thing if you are fast enought on obers and volks

- Well, medic dont have weapon slot so it explains that.
6 Apr 2016, 16:12 PM

apparently someone here thinks Saving Pirvate Ryan really happend and thus it could be okay to shoot PoWs.

How nice :P

Ahh, the kind of people attracted by ww2 games... :O
6 Apr 2016, 16:36 PM

6 Apr 2016, 16:55 PM

Rangers with 3x BAR.

This is pretty fun, give them not only close combat effectiveness like Thompsons.
6 Apr 2016, 17:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Realistically > Vet3 Rifles with bar/1919
Unrealistically > 3x Bar Rangers
Dream > Pathfinders with LMG34
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 144
Germany 23
unknown 2