Capture Points

Remove "solid points"
Option Distribution Votes
72%
28%
Total votes: 54
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Apr 2016, 03:52 AM

VPs, fuel points, and standard points that are not catches should be invisible. Tanks should be able to "glide" through it.

Infantry shouldn't.

It causes stupid pathing to tanks

***I updated to tanks only***
5 Apr 2016, 04:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just for vehicles, maybe.

It would cause some funny business where you could stand a sniper inside of it and the enemy can't click him to attack. It would also make it much easier to crush any infantry trying to capture a point.
5 Apr 2016, 04:17 AM

This would only cause more bugs than there are in the game right now. It's simply not worth it.
5 Apr 2016, 04:53 AM

Relic can also consider overhauling it. The current way causes tanks to go full retard.
5 Apr 2016, 05:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It messes with vehicle pathing, that's for sure. But I can see the issue Tobis pointed out.
Plus, where you you build sandbags then? :)
5 Apr 2016, 05:24 AM

i would vote vehicles only if it was an option
5 Apr 2016, 05:30 AM

It think it has more implications for map design than anything. The 'cap zone' mechanic really eliminates much of the reason territory points exist in the first place. In vCoH infantry had to actively 'use' the point to capture it. It was a physical object with which entities interacted, which necessitated the visualization.

But that's not how CoH2 works. If territory points completely disappeared and were invisible, and caches could be freely built (only inside cap zone, limit one per) and you'd have a result that is more in line with how CoH2 works.

It would be cool to see the return of actively capturing the territory point object. It should infer the similar penalties to building or repairing, while perhaps speed up the capture rate, or even override enemy units stalling capture.

It'd open up a whole new and dynamic world of gameplay AND map design.

But that said, I'd rather see more diversity in territory points. I miss real cutoff/strategy points and variable resources.
5 Apr 2016, 06:50 AM
Senior Editor Badge

It think it has more implications for map design than anything. The 'cap zone' mechanic really eliminates much of the reason territory points exist in the first place. In vCoH infantry had to actively 'use' the point to capture it. It was a physical object with which entities interacted, which necessitated the visualization.

But that's not how CoH2 works. If territory points completely disappeared and were invisible, and caches could be freely built (only inside cap zone, limit one per) and you'd have a result that is more in line with how CoH2 works.

It would be cool to see the return of actively capturing the territory point object. It should infer the similar penalties to building or repairing, while perhaps speed up the capture rate, or even override enemy units stalling capture.

It'd open up a whole new and dynamic world of gameplay AND map design.

But that said, I'd rather see more diversity in territory points. I miss real cutoff/strategy points and variable resources.

There were ups and downs. Having standard points helped w/ manpower income and variable popcap. I prefer the current system with a capture area. I think it adds a certain degree of authenticity because there wouldn't really be a bunch of flagpoles that make fuel and munitions appear in your territory at a constant rate that you can then us for things :p

I like how there's fighting over capture points. In vCoh you would have to sacrifice a squad to decap a point, like a VP if it's real close. The current mechanic allows for prolonged engagements that can often seesaw in one direction or the other.
5 Apr 2016, 06:58 AM
Patrion 39

Voted no - fix the important stuff first, this would have too many implications/iterations to test. In the mean time, don't click move/reverse on the other side of the flag poles. Position your tanks with escape/attack routes adjacent the poles.
5 Apr 2016, 07:00 AM

Voted no - fix the important stuff first, this would have too many implications/iterations to test. In the mean time, don't click move/reverse on the other side of the flag poles. Position your tanks with escape/attack routes adjacent the poles.

the wehr sniper is already using the proper portrait when camoed
there is no more important stuff than that, so now we can move on to cosmetics and EoL stuff like changing game mechanics and balance
5 Apr 2016, 07:41 AM

the wehr sniper is already using the proper portrait when camoed

there is no more important stuff than that, so now we can move on to cosmetics and EoL stuff like changing game mechanics and balance

Haha dude
5 Apr 2016, 07:46 AM

I would love the idea. The "pro" mod (from Cruzz?) already implemented this and it improved the vehicle pathing by far! The poles and stuff are still there, tanks can just drive through.

Infantry of course, cannot.
5 Apr 2016, 08:47 AM

I say let the pole with the flag work like a tree. If a tank drives over it, it should break and fall down. Also the barrels at the fuel point, they should explode
But only with medium and heavy tanks, not with light vehicles.

The point however should be clearly visible after the above.
5 Apr 2016, 09:16 AM

I would love the idea. The "pro" mod (from Cruzz?) already implemented this and it improved the vehicle pathing by far! The poles and stuff are still there, tanks can just drive through.

Infantry of course, cannot.

It's created by Mr. Godlike miragfla, the 1 man army who is working 500% faster than whole lelic. Lul
5 Apr 2016, 10:58 AM

I updated my post to be tanks only :)
5 Apr 2016, 18:13 PM

It's created by Mr. Godlike miragfla, the 1 man army who is working 500% faster than whole lelic. Lul

There is a lot of people similar to that
5 Apr 2016, 20:55 PM

ATC style capturing from CoH's mods sounds good.
5 Apr 2016, 23:31 PM

Bump for more votes kit
7 Apr 2016, 16:01 PM

its pretty obvious to see tho that when you cant tell the difference between 2 weeks and 4 months some problems would likely come up when trying to pull a balance patch together
7 Apr 2016, 16:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

its pretty obvious to see tho that when you cant tell the difference between 2 weeks and 4 months some problems would likely come up when trying to pull a balance patch together

Game Developer Time is a serious problem, don't mock it :p

Really though I've seen complaints like that in just about any game's community that I pay attention to, so I'm willing to give devs the benefit of the doubt in most cases at this point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 27
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment