Login

russian armor

About official forums

30 Mar 2016, 13:58 PM

Ah, thanks!

Haven't seen boxed PC game for so long I've forgot these things exist :foreveralone:
Steam master race!
30 Mar 2016, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 13:44 PMKatitof
What the hell is COH2 Platinum?

More fuel for the fire
30 Mar 2016, 14:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wonder if they will ever release the Limited Gold Premium Collector Season pass Kappa Edition which includes all commanders (skins and faceplates as a bonus :D)

It doesn't mention anything about commanders... so probably you won't have access to the big toys.
30 Mar 2016, 14:32 PM

I wonder if they will ever release the Limited Gold Premium Collector Season pass Kappa Edition which includes all commanders (skins and faceplates as a bonus :D)

It doesn't mention anything about commanders... so probably you won't have access to the big toys.

They already did.

Check the completionist bundle in the store :romeoMug:
30 Mar 2016, 14:44 PM

Finally!
I can go back home and lose hope in humanity once again

No joke, someone a few months back said that the Commando Regiment Carpet Bomb ability was OP because "there wasn't any warning". :(
30 Mar 2016, 14:54 PM

I assume this means no more expansions. Which means end of support is on the horizon. Hope I'm wrong.
30 Mar 2016, 14:58 PM

Lelic.
Dat joke company.

Who will buy this ultra piece of crap platinum edition?
No seriously mods, before you invis this - think about it. What a total joke :D
30 Mar 2016, 14:58 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I assume this means no more expansions. Which means end of support is on the horizon. Hope I'm wrong.

Was just thinking the same.....
But you never know!
30 Mar 2016, 15:22 PM

Don't think so, i remember that Relic is going to show the 2016 Roadmap in April (as last year), so i hope this would mean more expansions and keep supporting this awesome game!
30 Mar 2016, 15:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Lelic.
Dat joke company.

Who will buy this ultra piece of crap platinum edition?
No seriously mods, before you invis this - think about it. What a total joke :D

WHERE HISTORY MEETS GAMEPLAY: Hundreds of anecdotes, historical documents and events went on to inform the design of environments, units and missions – providing players with a comprehensive view of both fronts of the European Theater, while challenging them with a wide array of plausible tactical situations

Proof that Relic reads Commando comics
30 Mar 2016, 15:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 14:32 PMKatitof

They already did.

Check the completionist bundle in the store :romeoMug:

Doesn't include Victory strikes :rolleyes:

From a quick google search...damn, $362.99 for the "complete" experience.
30 Mar 2016, 16:15 PM

But think about how awesome you will be when you can change your skins everyday while you rock newbs with NKVD commander.
30 Mar 2016, 21:52 PM

A boxed PC game in 2016?! Relic has clearly pulled a Merlin here and is aging backwards in time. I look forward to DoW3 being released on 500 floppy disks for all DOS and Integer BASIC systems.
30 Mar 2016, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 21:52 PMCabreza
A boxed PC game in 2016?! Relic has clearly pulled a Merlin here and is aging backwards in time. I look forward to DoW3 being released on 500 floppy disks for all DOS and Integer BASIC systems.

--> Well I think you´ll need ~20.833.333,33 floppy disks, assuming a 30GB large DoW3. :)))
30 Mar 2016, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 23:42 PMLeodot

--> Well I think you´ll need ~20.833.333,33 floppy disks, assuming a 30GB large DoW3. :)))

I look forward to receiving my crate in the mail.
31 Mar 2016, 00:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Proof that Relic reads Commando comics

Well, I'd definitely read a story about commandos who that constantly shoot down planes onto enemy concentrations :D
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 23:52 PMCabreza

I look forward to receiving my crate in the mail.

Man, the shipping costs for that would be a bitch.

And uh, actually playing it, of course.
31 Mar 2016, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 00:00 AMVuther

Man, the shipping costs for that would be a bitch.

And uh, actually playing it, of course.

"In order to build Tactical Marines please insert disk(s) 000,042,187,455 to 000,061,865,224"
31 Mar 2016, 01:19 AM
Patrion 310

Imagine how Sonic feels experiencing the same IP abuse as COH2 for over 10 years.

Joke aside, this is not greed but stupidity and COH franchise Terminators which contradict what the new SEGA CEO are trying to accomplish for higher consumer trust. It's almost like this marketing 'team' are trying to sabotage community efforts to make this game become a top quality eSport brand. Personal, I would rather have EA DLC on steroids over these marketing clowns.
So frustrating to see that this marketing team doesn't know how to market this great game (or they just don't care).
COH is an underrated franchise and it's not hard selling many new digital copies and to monetize fan art / UI customization. As one old school Relic fan from 1999, I can guarantee the studio founder and old Relic boss Alex Garden would not tolerate these consistent marketing screw-ups. Get your shit together.

There is plenty of successful monetization schemes that could be adopted to make a fairly successful eSport game. There is also some good FTP/monetization designers in Relic that could help clean up this mess but it require higher ups that put them to work.

Stefan Haines worked on a new progression system+UI customization
Relic Game Designer, 2006 - 2015
So he quit or got fired?

- Designed and led the development of an unreleased game economy/progression revision

- Designed and led the development of the UI and gameplay for unreleased player content customization system prototype
-SNIP-
Now I am currently seeking a new experience in game design, with expertise in the following areas:

Design, implementation and evaluation of gameplay mechanics.
Generation of game content that is compelling for players and financially successful.
Development and evaluation of game prototypes/concepts/features.
Game design and UI flow.
Analysis and evaluation of player behaviors and trends.
Live operations and game balance.

linkedin profile - Stefan Haines Game Designer

Quote from Game Designer at Blackbird Interactive (former Relic)
Stefan and I worked together on several projects at Relic Entertainment. He was always friendly and easy to work with. We often relied on his deep knowledge of competitive gaming, combat systems, unit balance, and in-game economy. He contributed enormously to many of Relic's best-loved games. I would happily work with Stefan again.

So how do these marketing clowns respond? Just ignore Stefan Haines progression system and continue with a deeply flawed War spoils system. Oh yeah, and lets put executive Producer Greg Wilson on the plane talking about how cool War Spoils is going to be. :huhsign:

2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS