Login

russian armor

Improved Emplacements Commander

PAGES (11)down
29 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

Best way I've found to counter this shit as OKW is get an early ISG + Puppchen, force the brace then rush it with Volks and flame nade it.

Alternatively fast Puma again once brace is forced try to get in for a flame nade.
29 Mar 2016, 21:29 PM

Alternatively fast Puma again once brace is forced try to get in for a flame nade.
A Puma won´t handle a Bofors though. And within the mark you have a Puma there usually is a Mortar emplacement + Bofors out already.
29 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2016, 21:29 PMButcher
A Puma won´t handle a Bofors though. And within the mark you have a Puma there usually is a Mortar emplacement + Bofors out already.

I don't rememeber any compains from you when, in the game you uploaded, that bofors is too weka. You took down upgraded bofors in like a minute or two? Unless for you it's a reasonable time to kill emplacement :foreveralone:
29 Mar 2016, 22:06 PM

Best way I've found to counter this shit as OKW is get an early ISG + Puppchen, force the brace then rush it with Volks and flame nade it.

There is the point that ISG (x2) + r43(mb) is pretty useless once the counter-barrage is on. Like investing 660 mp in nowhere, as they can destoy befors and mortar , but still will be wiped later on.Then brits build everything back
30 Mar 2016, 02:15 AM

Just be aggressive. Mortar pit has a generous minimum range and bofors takes a fair amount of time to build. Just keep your map presence and don't let him get too entrenched easily. If he does start to get entrenched, cap around him and focus on tech. Brummbar or Jp4 will chew up emplacements very quickly.

The only thing you really have to worry about is a 17lber but in my experience most players don't build them in favour of an AT gun or two and more bofors/mortars.
30 Mar 2016, 06:34 AM

Pounded away at a brit sim city with 3 LefH. Got counterpounded by nearly every kind of art you can believe.

Freaking renoirs were flying out at me, Rodin was flinging sculptures.

Barely scratched anything. The other abilities are hard enough to deal with on their own but the precision barrage is just ridiculous.

There's a very small window to counter this type of play (during the build period if you can catch them out building). If you don't get it it is a long painful game.
30 Mar 2016, 07:13 AM

They can build a bofors before LeIG
30 Mar 2016, 07:16 AM

Just be aggressive. Mortar pit has a generous minimum range and bofors takes a fair amount of time to build. Just keep your map presence and don't let him get too entrenched easily. If he does start to get entrenched, cap around him and focus on tech. Brummbar or Jp4 will chew up emplacements very quickly.

The only thing you really have to worry about is a 17lber but in my experience most players don't build them in favour of an AT gun or two and more bofors/mortars.

"cap around him" this doesn't work on 90% of maps. Mortar/Bofors barrage usually still in range.

"Dont let him get to entrenched easily". Once the first bofors is up there is nothing you can do to stop it multiplying since you wont have the tools yet.

"Brummbar or Jp4 will chew up emplacements very quickly." I don't know what level you play at, but I'd advise you to play a top 50 brit player who uses this strat and you will quickly find out why they don't work.
30 Mar 2016, 10:56 AM

I don't rememeber any compains from you when, in the game you uploaded, that bofors is too weka. You took down upgraded bofors in like a minute or two? Unless for you it's a reasonable time to kill emplacement :foreveralone:
Excuse me, are you seriously suggesting a buff to the Bofors? That thing is by no means weak. In the case you described it was planted way too forward and 3 LeIGs + Schrecks shot at it iirc.
30 Mar 2016, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 07:13 AMpugzii

They can build a bofors before LeIG

It's not about getting it before it's about being reactionary. In my experience OKW very rarely dictates the game and is more reactionary for its tech.

Go 3 volks and see what UKF techs to, Puma is generally always a safe bet unless they only go Infantry sections and then blob with piats.
30 Mar 2016, 12:13 PM

Odd test...

When I've tried it PIVs easily solo Bofors.

Schwerer on the other hand solos Cromwells.

was the bofor using the improved emplacement bonus?
30 Mar 2016, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 07:16 AMpugzii

"cap around him" this doesn't work on 90% of maps. Mortar/Bofors barrage usually still in range.

"Dont let him get to entrenched easily". Once the first bofors is up there is nothing you can do to stop it multiplying since you wont have the tools yet.

"Brummbar or Jp4 will chew up emplacements very quickly." I don't know what level you play at, but I'd advise you to play a top 50 brit player who uses this strat and you will quickly find out why they don't work.

I think the cap around him argument weak as well, because in team games you may not have this option, and in small maps that can be impossible.

Not letting him get entrenched as you mention is very difficult, as Brits are designed to sit down and hold territory.

The ability for a free commander ability to deny all indirect fire weapons on some maps just adds to this frustration, since originally they were able to at least slowly take down structures.

I cannot wait for the next balance patch.
30 Mar 2016, 19:09 PM

Whatever happens next balance patch, if the Improved Emplacements Commander is nerfed...they're gonna need to buff the rest of the British commanders...they aren't playable and are one of the reasons why Brits were bottom tier before the February patch.
30 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM
Patrion 14

I've been playing nothing but ostheer this patch cycle, and I think that emplacement commander isn't too hard to deal with. It requires coordination, yes, but more importantly, it requires the ostheer player to play in a completely different way than they usually do. It is also quite possible to deal with emplacements even with a brain dead ally, as long as you play well. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1: No matter how careful you are, you will lose models, and you will lose squads to indirect fire and mines. Lategame, it will only get worse when their ally gets a rocket artillery piece up. This means that your best counter to emplacements is a commander with access to the relief infantry ability. This will allow you to get free squads quite easily, and to crew your team-weapons with ostruppen, mitigating bleed.

2: You cannot afford to be defensive, waiting for your opponent will only allow him to get enough breathing space to dig in. Build a maximum of 1 mg42 in the early gane, and rely on a sniper and a pair of grens combined with your pios' line of sight to push aggressively at the Brit player. Go for cutoffs, and use the sniper to clear vickers from buildings. The 251 halftrack is indispensable for a OST player fighting agggressively, since it allows you to replenish losses on the field, instead of having to retreat.

3: 222s are your friend. Tech as fast as you can, and build a pair of 222s to give you vision and harass enemy squads. If you can spot an emplacement building, rush it quickly and either kill the troops building it or the emplacement itself. Remember that any breathing room you have is probably the enemy building an emplacement. Lategame, use the 222s to give you vision over your flanks.

4: The MHT is a great panic buy if you find that you messed up in the early game. It can safely barrage enemy emplacements, and reposition when counter barage is activated. If your opponent braces, attack ground, then move close and launch an incindiary round when brace ends.

5: The lefh is good, but remember that precision barage (or whatever the offmaps in the emplacement doctrine is called), will oneshot your artillery. Never go for lefh if your opponent has recon or a usf ally, and always use your 222 to spot a flanking recon unit. Make sure your lefh is far enough back to not be counter barraged.

With all these points in mind, you should pick a commander to fit your playstyle. I personally roll with lightning war (if you do well early), Festung support (if you don't), and a third doctrine to fit your needs vs. Other factions. Usually, if you roll your opponent early game you will have already won, or at least be at a significant advantage. Use the enhanced sight range of your 222, pio, and cloaked sniper to scout out enemy positions, then plan your assaults, using your mg42 tactically to suppress as many enemy squads as you can, whilst repositioning constantly. If you have an OKW ally, be sure to coordinate with his blob, and have him huild a pair of leigs to wreck the emplacements and IS units that stop moving for a second.

Good luck guys!
Neo
30 Mar 2016, 19:33 PM

Any problems you are having with commander confirmed on Relic's stream as a L2P issue. GL HF.
30 Mar 2016, 21:14 PM

Things to change in the emplacement commander.
- Repair ability on FHQ should not repair emplacements/vehicles which are under attack.
- IS rep/build speed nerf

Things to change to the Bofor
- remove option to attack ground (really this should be removed)
- Slower Rate of Fire (minor)
30 Mar 2016, 22:24 PM

Hilarious watching the stream with an army of angry nubs..

@Kyle NeRF cancer commander pleeeeeeze!
@Kyle Nerf emplacements and give KT double armour
@Kyle NerF UC, it soloed my vet 5 cmd Panther
@Kyle Remove ze british from ze game, zey do not like ze jack boots.

etc...

Kyle's response... L2P...

I pissed myself laughing at it! Priceless.
Neo
30 Mar 2016, 22:46 PM

Hilarious watching the stream with an army of angry nubs..

@Kyle NeRF cancer commander pleeeeeeze!
@Kyle Nerf emplacements and give KT double armour
@Kyle NerF UC, it soloed my vet 5 cmd Panther
@Kyle Remove ze british from ze game, zey do not like ze jack boots.

etc...

Kyle's response... L2P...

I pissed myself laughing at it! Priceless.

It's what Brad used to do. Didn't end in the most funny way for him...
30 Mar 2016, 23:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 22:46 PMNeo

It's what Brad used to do. Didn't end in the most funny way for him...

I don't recall anything of the sorts. :blush:

God damn, I am surprised I did not get a heart attack from all that Truck pushing + Kubel abuse.
Neo
31 Mar 2016, 00:05 AM

I don't recall anything of the sorts. :blush:

God damn, I am surprised I did not get a heart attack from all that Truck pushing + Kubel abuse.

Calling people noobs and telling them to L2P was his calling card, he did it every stream.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
unknown 8
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %