Login

russian armor

Emplacement meta...

23 Mar 2016, 22:08 PM

I keep on seeing whinges, whines, moans, pissings, complaints, wailings, strops, gripes, laments and rages about emplacements.

I barely use the buggers. Maybe a late game mortar pit as a honey trap or to remove some pesky high vet squads but I probably average 0.2 emplacements per game.

So what is this supposed meta? Granted the vast majority of the ragerati appear to be both shit and 4v4 only players. UC is OP it took out my command panther types.

Do emplacements really work for anyone in 1v1? Considering trying them again due to problems securing fuel against OKW, if they want it early game it is very difficult to stop them, and 222s against Ost.

The problem I find isn't so much the actual strength of the emplacements, it is the strength of the counters which continue to scale during the game. Build a bofors to give myself some respite on a VP or fuel and you end up facing 2 - 3 mortars or ISGs. With the late game being dominated by Vet I'm much happier facing small arms AI and PIVs than high explosives as they are more predictable. It's a micro tax if you like, I know that going up against Vet X Volks with Vet X IS I can leave them to it and look elsewhere for a while. With ISGs etc though ( which are ridiculously hard to take out from their frontal arc) a lucky hit sees your valuable squad in serious difficulties quite quickly.

Is it worth a defensive bofors on the cutoff etc? At least ISGs and mortars half way up the field are vulnerable that way.

So, do they work for you in 1v1 and if so what is this meta?
24 Mar 2016, 13:53 PM

Whether emplacements work in 1v1 depends entirely on how your opponent decides to deal with them.
If he tries to take them out early with just some infantry, you win.
If he ignores them, caps the rest of the map with the aid of a light vehicle and then techs up to crush you in the lategame, you lose.

After you have invested into emplacements, you are basically handing over the game to your opponent and betting that he does not know how to handle it.

That said, if you want to try to use emplacements in 1v1, look at SageoftheSix's stream. He plays brit emplacement style a lot in 1v1.
24 Mar 2016, 18:12 PM

" After you have invested into emplacements, you are basically handing over the game to your opponent and betting that he does not know how to handle it.
"

Yep, totally agree...

However the nubbinses on this thread...

https://www.coh2.org/topic/51006/improved-emplacements-commander

Seem to really have their knickers in a twist. You would think that David Beckham had just left West That Direction, live on Pop factor, after announcing that he was gay judging by the girly tears being shed.

So, in sympathy with our Axis preferring brethren it is time for a new challenge. Despite the woeful interest in my previous challenge threads I am ever optimistic.

The goal is not to win per se but merely to farm rage quits from the Axis by use of the Advanced emplacements Commander.

As it appears to suck arse this should be challenging for good players and just good fun for anyone who uses it anyway.

Usual rules apply, post any in game chat that suggests a rage quit, extra points for someone questioning your sexuality or posting OP threads whinging about your style of play. :D
25 Mar 2016, 01:44 AM

" After you have invested into emplacements, you are basically handing over the game to your opponent and betting that he does not know how to handle it.
"

Yep, totally agree...

However the nubbinses on this thread...

https://www.coh2.org/topic/51006/improved-emplacements-commander

Seem to really have their knickers in a twist. You would think that David Beckham had just left West That Direction, live on Pop factor, after announcing that he was gay judging by the girly tears being shed.

So, in sympathy with our Axis preferring brethren it is time for a new challenge. Despite the woeful interest in my previous challenge threads I am ever optimistic.

The goal is not to win per se but merely to farm rage quits from the Axis by use of the Advanced emplacements Commander.

As it appears to suck arse this should be challenging for good players and just good fun for anyone who uses it anyway.

Usual rules apply, post any in game chat that suggests a rage quit, extra points for someone questioning your sexuality or posting OP threads whinging about your style of play. :D

This should get me some points, if only for the name.

(I don't have any wins to post where I invested heavily in emplacements. Building a Bofors, mortar pit, and post plus repair engineers is about 1500 mp including tech costs, and lets you lock down one vp and probably a second, but it doesn't move real fast and limits your ability to push any of the rest of the map because of the investment.)
25 Mar 2016, 01:52 AM

Can't load it. :(

"Replay file may be invalid..."

I seem to have quite a few problems with downloaded replays, maybe 1 in 3 works and I have -allowIncompatibleReplays in my launch options...

Excellent name though!

And excellent chat...

"[00:18:53] Mugen: ffuuuuckkk
[00:19:13] Mugen: turtle bitch
[00:19:45] Mugen: hey turtle bitch you there
[00:24:16] Mugen: turtle bitch
[00:24:20] Mugen: with sniper
[00:24:23] Mugen: great
[00:24:40] Mugen: learn to play turtle nitch
[00:24:43] Mugen: bitch"

Maybe suggesting you were afk whilst your emplacements wrecked him would have produced a rage quit here? Along the lines of, "Sorry was making a cup of tea. Where did all your Volks squads go?"

Lol.
25 Mar 2016, 04:29 AM

Can't load it. :(

"Replay file may be invalid..."

I seem to have quite a few problems with downloaded replays, maybe 1 in 3 works and I have -allowIncompatibleReplays in my launch options...

Excellent name though!

And excellent chat...

"[00:18:53] Mugen: ffuuuuckkk
[00:19:13] Mugen: turtle bitch
[00:19:45] Mugen: hey turtle bitch you there
[00:24:16] Mugen: turtle bitch
[00:24:20] Mugen: with sniper
[00:24:23] Mugen: great
[00:24:40] Mugen: learn to play turtle nitch
[00:24:43] Mugen: bitch"

Maybe suggesting you were afk whilst your emplacements wrecked him would have produced a rage quit here? Along the lines of, "Sorry was making a cup of tea. Where did all your Volks squads go?"

Lol.

That would be awesome, I'll use it sometime.

In this one, I only built 1 mortar pit. He kept trying to kill it by a-moving everything into it.
25 Mar 2016, 04:53 AM

Here's a replay where I did go sim city. I didn't play well but but it gives the general idea. A lot of the spam & cheese that Axis hates are in this one.

No points for chat or rage quits.

26 Mar 2016, 14:34 PM

I'd like to ask on this thread a simple emplacement question: does the 25 pounder ignore shot blockers like the pak43?
26 Mar 2016, 15:05 PM

If you mean the 17pdr AT gun then it doesn't appear to..

Pak43 will shoot straight through a house etc, 17 pdr merely hits the house.
26 Mar 2016, 16:58 PM

I'd like to ask on this thread a simple emplacement question: does the 25 pounder ignore shot blockers like the pak43?

It has a vet 1 ability that actives a timer. While the timer runs, the 17 pounder can shoot through buildings just like the Pak43 can. The timer lasts long enough for 3 shots if you do not need to reposition the gun.
26 Mar 2016, 17:02 PM

Didn't know that...

Never seen a Vet 1 17 pdr though!
27 Mar 2016, 00:23 AM

It has a vet 1 ability that actives a timer. While the timer runs, the 17 pounder can shoot through buildings just like the Pak43 can. The timer lasts long enough for 3 shots if you do not need to reposition the gun.

I'm glad you understood what I asked. This demonstrates how much I used this particular emplacement and how much I played the brits. :P

Edit: bad phrasing
27 Mar 2016, 00:33 AM

commander is free wins you are all just brit players that want ur free wins :snfBarton:
27 Mar 2016, 00:42 AM

Suspect he hasn't read the thread. :)
27 Mar 2016, 02:01 AM

Emplacements are really good, especially the bofors because it's very cheap but when positioned well it can do a ton of damage to most mid game units.

I also am a huge fan of building a 17lber first thing in tier 3 so that when their PzIV or whatever comes strolling around it's basically dead if he doesn't know it's there. Much better than getting a Cromwell and trying to fight it out toe to toe in a lot of cases.

My guess is emplacement meta is in team games with the new commander. I've trolled a few people who build double ISG to counter it by activating the HQ auto counterbarrage, and the fortified emplacements themselves are beefy. (Plus you can get a mortar pit in 2 minutes which in 4v4 is probably pretty strong.)
27 Mar 2016, 02:48 AM

...look at SageoftheSix's stream. He plays brit emplacement style a lot in 1v1.

A player who averages 50-100 in rank on all other factions climbed to top 10 with brits, particularly with the use of the new commanders and emplacements. Seems pretty telling.

commander is free wins you are all just brit players that want ur free wins :snfBarton:

^^^
27 Mar 2016, 10:11 AM

A player who averages 50-100 in rank on all other factions climbed to top 10 with brits, particularly with the use of the new commanders and emplacements. Seems pretty telling.
^^^

He was rank 24 with OKW last time I checked.
27 Mar 2016, 16:09 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS