Login

russian armor

what to do against brit blob

26 Mar 2016, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 18:45 PMmega
yo guys

Question:

what to do against brit blob with 5man squads and 2xbrens?

they melt everything in seconds

mgs from the front and obers dont counter them!

light vehicles dont work because Aec and tanks is hard because at/firefly, if you tech
stuka a fast crom will punish you hard

speaking from a 2v2 standpoint

OKW:
Leave the volks blob at home, they suck, I only build 1 or 2 all game.

Go for Sturms and a faptrack asap and use them aggressively, then a Puma (not Lynx) for fighting the eventual car/light tank. If Brits switch to emplacements you can then easily bring in Infantry Guns and a Stuka.

In general, I find skipping Tier 2 for Tier 3 and Obers to be a losing proposition. Get a faptrack and Puma out asap and learn how to use them, they can be amazing.

OST:
normal start into multiple Ostwinds, use PGrens with shrecks against tanks. Occasionally I build a couple Stug for assaulting emplacements.

Joseph
29 Mar 2016, 07:26 AM

Brits do not need to blob... 2 Infantry Section with double upgrades are more than enough...

They were always good infantry if someone actually bothered to put them in cover. Thankfully relic implemented a retard-mode ability where you dont have to bother with covers either... enjoy!
29 Mar 2016, 07:32 AM

Give the Flamer HT a try it is a beast against UKF.
29 Mar 2016, 07:39 AM

yo guys

Question:

light vehicles dont work because Aec and tanks is hard because at/firefly, if you tech

Volks to hold on and then 2 Obers squad (STG>LMG). Try to stay in the fight without losing the squad and once they hit 2 vet or something, they will own everything. Jagdtiger, Elepant, Jagdpanzer, Pak43 will out range allies tanks...so opt for a commander that you feel will help you win the game. A quick panther will stop early allies armor from harassing you. Stuka is only good against static units or a nub who is deaf and can't hear stuka firing.
29 Mar 2016, 09:29 AM

In general, tommy heavy armies suffer from a lack of mobility. They're dependent on cover and standing still to be effective, so things that destroy cover and force them to move are typically very strong. Mortars or ISG for example excel against Brit, as do kiting units like the Sniper or Brummbar.

In general, good practices would be to wire off green cover as much as possible or destroy it, use indirect fire to push him out of cover and take advantage of his relative immobility to capture flanks of the map.
29 Mar 2016, 15:17 PM

You need to better describe this issue. Are you referring to vet 3 engineer blobs? Are you saying vet 3 IS blobs? Are you talking upgraded squads?

Suppression works wonders, if you don't have it or can't get it (remember a FHT is effectively a tank MG) try using indirect fire (as was suggested) that fires frequently so you are likely to score hits often. You can also choose to not fight the blob and spread out to cap the map. As the blob approaches retreat, do not engage, but force it to swing around wildly from side to side of the map. Now you will have a higher fuel income and be floating more MP. Use that to build tanks and start to punish him. Do not engage unless you can bleed more than he can bleed you. You are in no danger of losing map control, since they cannot cap nearly as quickly as you can.
29 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM

as OH i usually go 1 HMG then double snipers once i see UKF now. the MP bleed helps alot so they can't get a blob up. but need play aggressive as sniper to keep them from building mortar pit or bofos

as OKW i see they spam bren with blob i go P2 to shoot them, if they blob with piat i mix pazerfuzilier and volks blob to counter blob.
30 Mar 2016, 02:09 AM

as OH i usually go 1 HMG then double snipers once i see UKF now. the MP bleed helps alot so they can't get a blob up. but need play aggressive as sniper to keep them from building mortar pit or bofos

as OKW i see they spam bren with blob i go P2 to shoot them, if they blob with piat i mix pazerfuzilier and volks blob to counter blob.

Unless playing vs noobs who're allergic to snipers, aggressive sniper play against Brits is suicide. I love the silent sniper battles in very intense 2v2s where each person wants to inflict as much bleed without getting counter sniped.
30 Mar 2016, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
British can have MG's in tier 0 (is the MaxPin2), and in a little time can construct super mortars and super cannons structures (master card and visa card commanders), next Company of Heroes will be called "Pay to Win War".

And the bombards calls??? Total OP.
30 Mar 2016, 15:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 14:53 PMBravus
British can have MG's in tier 0 (is the MaxPin2)

As can Wehrmacht.

I hate UKF too, but that's not the right argument for it.
30 Mar 2016, 16:23 PM

British can have MG's in tier 0 (is the MaxPin2), and in a little time can construct super mortars and super cannons structures (master card and visa card commanders), next Company of Heroes will be called "Pay to Win War".

That's the situation since release bro, new commander OP for 1-2 month after release than get nerfed to the ground, without cancer commander, nobody builds emplacement ever and at that time Brit play exactly like OH 2.0: IS, MG, Sniper with RE support.
30 Mar 2016, 16:23 PM

That's the situation since release bro, new commander OP for 1-2 month after release than get nerfed to the ground, without cancer commander, nobody builds emplacement ever and at that time Brit play exactly like OH 2.0: IS, MG, Sniper with RE support.
30 Mar 2016, 17:48 PM

yo guys

Question:

:bananadance: Sturmtiger, it's the anwser for all kind of problems :bananadance:
30 Mar 2016, 23:51 PM

Unless playing vs noobs who're allergic to snipers, aggressive sniper play against Brits is suicide. I love the silent sniper battles in very intense 2v2s where each person wants to inflict as much bleed without getting counter sniped.

ya love that too. when both side sniper don't dare to fire because both know there is another sniper in the field close by.
31 Mar 2016, 03:10 AM

as lostheer:
1.) get 3 RoF bulletins for the mg 42 and build 2. use them to cover each other.
2.) keep your lmg grens in cover.
3.) survive until your ostwind comes out. cover it with stug's.
4.) protect your flanks with tellers, mines win games.

Tho the tellers sometimes dont do shit to the British tanks..
You mean the mines that the British tanks suffer no damage from

that will work...and don't loose squads or you are screwed :P
31 Mar 2016, 03:12 AM

Honestly british blobbs are (imo) not threatening. It's rifleman blobbs that are terrible. You know the riflemen that can

Smoke
At snare
Nade
Build mines
Double LMG
Double 1919s
Double Zooks

You know "do everything" are the worst..
31 Mar 2016, 14:44 PM

To OP, why you post this Thread in balance section and not in Strategy Desk or Coh2 Gameplay ?

Do you think its a problem of game balance or specifically you not able to handle brit blob ?
31 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

Given that blobbing as brits is one of the least effective or efficient ways to play brits to the point where even sprice doesn't do that, I'd say its one, fat L2P issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★