Login

russian armor

My opinion re war spoils changes

21 Mar 2016, 17:25 PM

Hello,

I have recently heard about the stuff that might come to change the war spoils on live, and i am kinda dissapointed with some of it.

Specially the stacking, cause i seriously do not understand the point of having bulletins that has a 3% increase of something and i still dont understand why people even use those bulletins instead of those with 5-10%. And i really like to stack those with 10% bulletins example for US i stack 3 10% increase building time for rear echelon troops, for OKW i use 3 5% cheaper cost of panzershrecks upgrade.

So are you like me and you like to stack your bulletins? Or do you prefer to have 3 random bulletins with 1,2,3% randomly better upgrade of something?
21 Mar 2016, 17:40 PM

Stacking bulletins is kinda necessary given the relatively small improvements each one gives. I for one am hoping that if they remove stacking then they'll have another look at increasing bulletins across the board.

Don't forget that a 3% increase can still make an impact though if the base value is high enough - 3 x 3% Ostheer panther armour is enough for it to bounce AT gun shots semi-reliably, I find. On the other hand the % armour increase for light vehicles is never enough for it to make a difference since their armour is so low to begin with anyway.

I wish you could have multiple Ardennes campaign rewards - 15% range increase on bazookas would be pretty good :D
21 Mar 2016, 17:57 PM

From one side its stacking is quite fun mechanic, but from other its only mess with balance by giving unfair advantage caused by random drop, yaaay more RNG. You cant balance 90mu single shreak for one person and 75mu for other in the same time, same with panzer armour were difference is more than 30 armour and etc. Bulletins shouldn't stack, but like 90% of them should be reworked.
21 Mar 2016, 18:01 PM

Stacking bulletins is nice.

I honestly don't think it's really that big of a deal since it opens up more options for certain plays and allows for player preferences and whatnot.

But... yeah. Whatever. At this point I don't even care anymore lol. I just wished the bulletins were easier to obtain via achievements and not just randomly obtained.
21 Mar 2016, 18:22 PM

I can understand with balance, but in a way you will only have 1 thing unbalanced so you will still be vulnerable with rest of the stuff. BUT i really agree that bulletins needs to be reworked to be more useful,
21 Mar 2016, 18:40 PM

I believe Relic's "official" stance was that bulletins were never supposed to stack (though why they designed a system where duplicates would drop is beyond me).

I'm kind of torn, on one hand stacking is nice because it lets you focus on one element of your strategy like decreasing build times. On the other hand some stacking is borderline abusive/OP (3X Rifleman Vet, PZ4/Panther Armor, Etc.) It's incredibly hard to say you can stack certain bulletins but not others so in a way its easier to just eliminate stacking altogether.

In the end its mostly a wash because even stacked most bulletins give you a minimal benefit.
21 Mar 2016, 19:21 PM
Patrion 310

NDA police is watching - beware ;)
21 Mar 2016, 19:24 PM

If they don´t allow you to stack bulletins, they can get rid of them all together. What is the point? You only notice them if you stack them.
21 Mar 2016, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 19:24 PMButcher
If they don´t allow you to stack bulletins, they can get rid of them all together. What is the point? You only notice them if you stack them.

Exactly! So i dont understand why they are ''said'' that they will remove it, seems just so weird :S
21 Mar 2016, 20:11 PM

If they remove stacking, 99% of bulletins will become useless. If they aren't that already.
21 Mar 2016, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 17:57 PMnewvan
From one side its stacking is quite fun mechanic, but from other its only mess with balance by giving unfair advantage caused by random drop, yaaay more RNG. You cant balance 90mu single shreak for one person and 75mu for other in the same time, same with panzer armour were difference is more than 30 armour and etc. Bulletins shouldn't stack, but like 90% of them should be reworked.
The benefit of stacking bulletins is nowhere near significant enough to really call an advantage. It's just that without stacking, the benefit of bulletins are completely unnoticeable.
22 Mar 2016, 15:27 PM

They don;t have to be "noticeable" to be real, though. I like the idea of very small perks the player can select for themselves according to their style; they may not have a very visible effect but they don;t have to. Take something like the 2% improvement in rifle cooldown; how many shots do you think get fired in an hour long game? I have no idea but it's going to be a lot; and even 2% of a lot is quite a bit.
22 Mar 2016, 15:58 PM

The benefit of stacking bulletins is nowhere near significant enough to really call an advantage. It's just that without stacking, the benefit of bulletins are completely unnoticeable.

This
22 Mar 2016, 16:01 PM

... On the other hand the % armour increase for light vehicles is never enough for it to make a difference since their armour is so low to begin with anyway. ...

Rear Echelon Troops fire 1% more accurately and their rifles cool down 2% faster between shots.

My favorite
23 Mar 2016, 15:07 PM

I thought armour bulletins for tanks already didnt stack?

Everyone is talking like Panther or P4 armour stacking is OP... Im pretty sure they dont stack right?
nee
23 Mar 2016, 16:09 PM

Stacking is pretty much the only thing that makes bulletins worth using. Most of them, anyway.

You also have to actually have the necessary bulletins to actually stack them in the first place.

So in my mind, Relic removing stacking is like taxing firefighters for using water from fire hydrants. Not only are they not using them very often but when they do, it's a time where it's actually worth using. Seeing as most peopel don't stack anyways, I don't see the logic behind trying to remove it in the first place. If people ARE abusing it then that's something else...but are people abusing it? Are a lot of people even stacking? If not then Relic is wasting a lot of their precious time and resources dealing with a non-issue.

But we ARE talking about Relic, so...
23 Mar 2016, 17:10 PM

I dont like blobs in the game and I dont like blobs in the bulletin department.

It's a good decision to exclude stacking.
23 Mar 2016, 17:43 PM

Then what's the point of bulletins then?
23 Mar 2016, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 19:24 PMButcher

Plus One.
Remove Bulletins alltogether

Then what's the point of bulletins then?

Because they needed something new and fresh, otherwise it would've looked like vCoH
24 Mar 2016, 00:43 AM

Yeah...

I really like stacking.. So i hope they will work out a way to make bulletins more useful if they will remove it, like increasing them more if so, otherwise i completely agree with you guys, they should just remove if it they will keep the 2% stuff
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★